BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

Dave Whelan's take on the Ince sacking and the search for his successor:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7787231.stm

I listened to this on Radio 5 Live yesterday, and he genuinely was passionate about the club. It's pretty obvious that he still holds the club close to his heart. It was really quite refreshing to hear the views of someone who was maybe more inclined to talk about the club in a positive light, as apposed to trying to put a media spin on it like Winterburn, Teddy etc did in support of their friend.

Just to add, i voted for Avram Grant, but my vote would be on the condition that he could bring in as much of his ex Chelsea staff as possible.

If not Grant, i would want Big Sam in...

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think Mancini would do a good job in the PL, but I can't really see him coming to Ewood as his first job there. Maybe if he'd been interested in the Summer when we weren't in such a dire position then it could've happened, but it's a brave (some might say stupid) first-timer who takes on a bottom-3 club with little to spend.

It's looking like BFS, which is probably a sensible choice given our current predicament.

If this is true, i belive we should have shipped him out long before.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20976560/

Kinda shoves it right up his colleagues Messrs Holt and Lewis doesn't he? They'll be licking their wounds somewhere and keeping their powder dry till their next chance to foment trouble. No one can defend the indefensible and stats do not lie.

Guest Kamy100

I am not saying that Allerdyce would be a bad choice, in fact I can see him doing a very good job for Rovers and maybe he is exactly what we needs, however it is also just as important to acknowledge that world class manager's such as Mancini are available and may even take the job and could do just as good job.

The ominous thing is Whelan's comment that he fired Hutchings two weeks before Rovers fired Ince.

Look back at last year's table and Wigan would have gone down if they had delayed that decision by three games.

Add in his view that the relegation survival target will be 40 points plus.

After Wigan Ince had to go...now he's gone the choice is very limited.

TOP PRIORITY -stay in the division and unfortunately everything,everyone else does NOT matter.

We have gone backwards and are in deep trouble.

Bite the bullet -it has to be Mr Sam Allardyce(local,available and white)

Get off the board you pathetic racist trash.

I don't know if you originate from Blackburn, but we play our football at Ewood Park in a small mill town half way up the North Lancashire Moors, and have very little money to spend, we are half way through the season and one point from the bottom of the division, so what relevance has a manager who's experience is in Milan at the San Siro etc and had lots of money to spend got to do with our present dilemma?

Oh so the issue is whether or not we are an attractive enough proposition for an Italian armani suit wearing ferrari driving womanizer...

FFS

TBH then why the (Please don't use that word again) are we even ATTEMPTING to try this PL thing on, we should just go back to the third division where we compete at OUR level, hopefully yo-yoing through divisions.

No I don't originate from Blackburn, I just know that for quite a while now Rovers have played football at Ewood Park in a small mill town half way up the North Lancashire Moors, and have very little money to spend and done surpisingly well with some ambition.

I don't know if you originate from Blackburn, but we play our football at Ewood Park in a small mill town half way up the North Lancashire Moors,

You obviuosly don't .... Blackburn is on the WEST PENNINE Moors

Dave Whelan's take on the Ince sacking and the search for his successor:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7787231.stm

Keep all the airy fairy sugar coated theories cos experience, wisdom and good old fashioned common sense still comes to the fore doesn't it? So few people are able to see issues in simple black and white.

Get off the board you pathetic racist trash.

No need to go overboard joey.

Keep all the airy fairy sugar coated theories cos experience, wisdom and good old fashioned common sense still comes to the fore doesn't it? So few people are able to see issues in simple black and white.

No need to go overboard joey.

Skating on very thin ice there 'drog

Oh so the issue is whether or not we are an attractive enough proposition for an Italian armani suit wearing ferrari driving womanizer...

FFS

TBH then why the (Please don't use that word again) are we even ATTEMPTING to try this PL thing on, we should just go back to the third division where we compete at OUR level, hopefully yo-yoing through divisions.

No I don't originate from Blackburn, I just know that for quite a while now Rovers have played football at Ewood Park in a small mill town half way up the North Lancashire Moors, and have very little money to spend and done surpisingly well with some ambition.

No it is nothing to do with if we are attractive, it's to do with have the ball's to battle at the bottom of the division with little money to spend in not so fashionable surroundings, also it would be a good idea to visit Blackburn sometime, it may give you a reality check!

No it is nothing to do with if we are attractive, it's to do with have the ball's to battle at the bottom of the division with little money to spend in not so fashionable surroundings, also it would be a good idea to visit Blackburn sometime, it may give you a reality check!

Or you go to a Serie A game for that matter.

Allardyce's odds lengthening on Betfair, whilst Souness' are shortening...

http://sports.betfair.com/Index.do?mi=100271077&ex=1

Are you sure? This says Allardyce is now odds on (3/1 last night). Am I reading this right...? I thought this says the market has around £85k matched the majority of which is with the Big One. Or am I looking in the wrong place? I dont bet see, which is why I love Uncle Trustee.

Archived