BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

INCE will go so.....

There seems to be a few names popping up in the other threads, we have discussed the players that should come in, what about the man/women/dog/bucket in charge come Xmas?

Mine is Schuster, tough, determined, has worked with small clubs and small budgets. May not be interested but in this times of confusion, hysteria and weird decisions who knows.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are several strong names looking to get into PL football- it really shouldn't be a BFS v Souey shoot off.

There must be candidates whom everybody can unite behind or even a brilliant young one like Coyle who will be controversial but clearly can run a football team unlike the current shower.

Fatih Terim would be my choice if we could get him. Like I said on the other thread, he is excellent for Turkey and has a cv 2nd to none.

The thing I like most is his passion for the game, he wears his heart on the sleeve and gives it his all.

If he is Tugay's cousin too, he could be a real possibility.

Please don't say Jol, we'll seem as deluded as the Sunderland fans on MOTD2 last night. Not a chance of getting him at the min when he's doing well in Germany. 4th in Bundesliga to 19th in the Prem? Can't see it happening.

I'd think Avram Grant could be worth a shout. Has said he'd like to manage in England again and despite the criticism he had he got closer to Champions League glory than any other Chelsea Manager and did well for them really. Obviously we don't have the funds like Chelsea but did he spend a lot?

Please don't say Jol, we'll seem as deluded as the Sunderland fans on MOTD2 last night. Not a chance of getting him at the min when he's doing well in Germany. 4th in Bundesliga to 19th in the Prem? Can't see it happening.

I'd think Avram Grant could be worth a shout. Has said he'd like to manage in England again and despite the criticism he had he got closer to Champions League glory than any other Chelsea Manager and did well for them really. Obviously we don't have the funds like Chelsea but did he spend a lot?

We dont have funds like Hereford Utd. :angry:

We had the chance for someone like Terim, Van Gaal or Laudrup in the Summer but we missed the boat and I don't think it will come back to pick us up.

Unfortunately, BFS is probably as good as it's going to get and we do need someone who can come in and sort the defence quickly. I don't care how we do it.

The decidision not to show some ambition in the Summer and go for someone like Terim or Laudrup will affect us for years if we stay up or not...

Have posters on this board not heard the saying Once Bitten Twice Shy, we need an experienced Premiership manager who can work with a limited budget, not a foreign fairy or another untested gamble, wake up this Premiership survival time!

Spot on - Big sam for the reasons above, or Maybe even Bruce if we could get him.

Have posters on this board not heard the saying Once Bitten Twice Shy, we need an experienced Premiership manager who can work with a limited budget, not a foreign fairy or another untested gamble, wake up this Premiership survival time!

Exactly. Some people seem to forget that we have limited financial resources. No harm dreaming, but some of the suggestions are simply not realistic.

It won't be BFS for very good reasons- unless there are Board resignations.

Souness is extremely risky.

If the Board don't tie Ince's departure to an immediate replacement, I am still very confident the club will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of applicants. Hopefully this time, the appointment won't be a skewy as last time when we went for someone who literally and figuratively was unqualified to be Manager of Blackburn Rovers.

Coyle is doing a fine job of playing organised football beating Prem League opponents and has a CC play-off place by the throat with what is clearly a bunch of braying donkeys in claret and poo; I see him as a no risk appointment for sorting out fitness, training and systems at Rovers and would be very confident of avoiding the drop with him in charge.

Quite a few of the foreign names being mentioned would also be close to no risk including Avram Grant.

It won't be BFS for very good reasons- unless there are Board resignations.

Souness is extremely risky.

If the Board don't tie Ince's departure to an immediate replacement, I am still very confident the club will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of applicants. Hopefully this time, the appointment won't be a skewy as last time when we went for someone who literally and figuratively was unqualified to be Manager of Blackburn Rovers.

Coyle is doing a fine job of playing organised football beating Prem League opponents and has a CC play-off place by the throat with what is clearly a bunch of braying donkeys in claret and poo; I see him as a no risk appointment for sorting out fitness, training and systems at Rovers and would be very confident of avoiding the drop with him in charge.

Quite a few of the foreign names being mentioned would also be close to no risk including Avram Grant.

Who on the board would be against Big Sam and our Premiership survival?

Who on the board would be against Big Sam and our Premiership survival?

The ones who on the balance of probability think there really is fire underneath the smoke.

Plus, there is a school of thought that goes that BFS was very effective with his big team at Bolton and is not effective without them.

So appointing BFS also requires tempting LFS away from the deputy position at Liverpool and a whole bunch of other diaspora now sitting in places like the Manager's chair at the KC.

There is a very dangerous undercurrent of thought here that appointing BFS would ensure Premier League survival.

The reality of the situation here is that whoever we appoint, we are very much favourites to be relegated.

There is a very dangerous undercurrent of thought here that appointing BFS would ensure Premier League survival.

The reality of the situation here is that whoever we appoint, we are very much favourites to be relegated.

And the longer Ince is in charge the more of a certanty it will become!

I don't think we realistically think there's that good a chance of avoiding it, but we'd like to feel the club were at least trying to do so. A change can't make it worse because as it is we are going down. We can't sink much quicker because at the moment we can't see the next point let alone the next win coming. So anybody must be at least as good. I wouldn't be optimistic about our survival chances but I would feel that we might see the odd draw or possibly even a few wins and that would make me feel more cheerful.

From Sam's interviews he genuinely sounds like he could turn us down, even if the Mackems offer him nothing. Souness and Tugay strikes fear into me. Souness is a nutjob, although he could get us going again. I just would hate for him to walk through the door and decide he doesn't like Cruz or (far more likely) McCarthy and boots them out. He is a decent manager but by no means a tactical genius, and he has struggled when we have been in trouble before.

Problem is we look so poor that the likes of Coyle or Coppell might actually see getting their teams into the Prem as more likely, or at least less of a gamble and less pressure, than keeping Rovers up.

From Sam's interviews he genuinely sounds like he could turn us down, even if the Mackems offer him nothing. Souness and Tugay strikes fear into me. Souness is a nutjob, although he could get us going again. I just would hate for him to walk through the door and decide he doesn't like Cruz or (far more likely) McCarthy and boots them out. He is a decent manager but by no means a tactical genius, and he has struggled when we have been in trouble before.

Problem is we look so poor that the likes of Coyle or Coppell might actually see getting their teams into the Prem as more likely, or at least less of a gamble and less pressure, than keeping Rovers up.

Mick macarthy is not doing a bad job at wolves - or mcleash at Brum - people on here have said coyle. But lets be honest, do we think any manager in the championship at a club with good prospects of promotion, would want to swap that for a relegation threatened side, lacking confidence etc, no money.

It is really a sad reflection, yet reality, if on here all we can think of is a handful of names - BFS or Souness or Curbishley. If they are the only names that we on here are considering and even we cannot agree - how can we believe that the club can make an appointment soon, it is little wonder they are divided - because so are the supporters.

There is one solution is first sack Ince and this should be first on the agenda at today's meeting - then see what applications come in - then choose the best one from them - lets see who really wants the job now. It was easy applying when the team had just finished 7th in the prem, but what about now when in the relegation zone?

Whoah there, hands off Coyle if you don't mind.

In all honesty I'd hope he wpuld turn you down. Thats not the rivalry talking or trying to suggest he wouldn't see it as a step up but he recently spoke about young players he'd signed and how dissapointed he would be if they were looking to leave after 5 months - well that swings both ways.

You might also wish to check out his early record for us. Did well for a couple of months (new manager bounce effect) but then had a rocky time whilst he sorted things out.

In terms of who - again no malice in this reply but I would suggest you should be looking long term. Great if they can keep you up but maybe more important that they have the ability to get you back up quickly. A return for Hughes maybe? Or Souness?

Archived