BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm hoping we look further a field.

Terim is a good choice current international manager should have good knowledge of players. Terim did a fantastic job at the Euro's with a nothing team, lucky or a motivator I don't care we need a bit of both.

Advocaat, Mancini why not? the premiership is the strongest league in the world, most managers want to manage a club here. There's only twenty to choose from and we're pretty much a stable club, so why wouldn't they come to prove themselves. The only trouble is they'll move on.

I just don't see our players fitting BFS's system, we lack quality out wide and who would play point RSC is not a target man. We lack pace all round and need to be hard to beat an Italian approach may fit, it won't be pretty though.

My man concern is that the club will just check out those available, don't forget if/when RSC go's our coffers should get a serious boost. However little money we have as a club we shouldn't forget the fact that most managers want to test themselves in our country.

There's one or two names out there, I can't think of anything more inspirational than a Rijkaard, Mancini, Advocaat, Laudrup, Schuster, Houllier, walking in at Brockhall. Hopefully one of them fancies a less-pressurised environment for a while? We should at least ask there's no harm.

Anybody who dosn't want Alardyce should post that sentiment regularly until he is appointed. If he is appointed you should then double the amounts of disapproving posts regardless of whether or not he has had a game in charge.

When he loses a game you should join an unholy rush to get on here and gloat, telling everybody that you told them so whilst dancing with your laptop and grinning crazily. You should act like a big kid at all times.

Sadly, it seems that Allardyce is the only viable option for us. Where that leaves us if he says no god only knows.

There's one or two names out there, I can't think of anything more inspirational than a Rijkaard, Mancini, Advocaat, Laudrup, Schuster, Houllier, walking in at Brockhall. Hopefully one of them fancies a less-pressurised environment for a while? We should at least ask there's no harm.

I like the sound of those names

I agree with making Dunny the captain, but can he keep the injuries away! Maybe the new manager will drop nelsen, but warnock back to lb and emerton to rb. The realistic thing is who's going to be the manager for the game at the weekend?

I would love to see BFS at ewood but i don't think this will happen.

Carlos Quieroz

Still dont think Sunderland,will appoint Allardyce. I heard that they want an overseas guy, and one of those names was Bilic. Also their caretaker coach will be in charge until next month at least.

Although I did back Ince when he was appointed, I personally wanted to see Dick Advocaat as manager

Good shout, no chance of getting him now though.

I wonder why we have never made a solid move for him before? iirc he has come out a few times over the years saying he might be interested in managing us? The guy has a great managerial pedigree.

Archived