BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

Was he not runner up to Hughes? If he was interested back then he could well be now. Its well documented he wants to come to the premier league and is not signing a new contract with Zenith.

Zenith Miracle

Advocaat interview "i want to manage in the prem"

He says if the right club comes along and given he applied in 2004 I'd say it was a safe bet he would be interested now, its not as if our situation is any different to what it was when he applied is it?

I don't think its about the money with him, he's on $4M a year and could probably get a lot more given he's the first manager to win the league with Zenith, footballing no-bodies before him.

He wants to manage in the strongest league in the world, its about the football he has enough dollar. Russian season is over for th winter he's sat at home freezing his ass off, living on cabbage soup and drinking vodka to keep warm, I'll bet Rovers sounds like paradise.

I'm not sure we are a big enough club to get him. Perhaps a team like Villa, Liverpool, a pre-UAE owned Man Citeh or Everton might attract him, but not a small club in Lancashire with no money.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The last thing we want is a temporary fix then go down and in summer be managerless and in a much worse bargaining postion being in the championship, who would we then be able to attract? Dave Basset? Barry Fry? Steve cotteril?

Told you : get Boothroyd now then we'd be set up for next season.

I do quite like the idea of a Souness/Tugay partnership.

Souness know the club and Tugay knows the players. The players all respect him fully and i think he'd do a really good job as a coach for us.

Allardyce is the safe bet, i dont think he'll come seeing as we snubbed him for a fool like Ince in the summer. Think we burnt our bridges with that one.

Coyle is a nice idea but could be another risk being a lower league manager and i think the majority of it is wanting to steal Burnley's manager.

Advocaat would be good if we could get him, not sure if we could afford him, even if he dropped his wage demands by alot.

Think its important we just pick the safest option.

Big Sam for me. We can't afford to take any more risks, and he is proven at a club similar sized to ours.

BFS has never gone into a club and saved them from relegation, he stayed up with Bolton. He joined Bolton in 1999 and saved them in 2002-03. He has no track record of our current situation and as such is just as big a risk as the rest.

As I've said before you have to consider that the likes of Brown and Roden where on his staff both have progressed well up the ladder, they where both big contributors to it all.

For me BFS is a huge Risk.

Will all the fans accept him? we cannot have another split in the camp as we did when ince came in, only together will we get out of this.

Put up a Poll please mod's

Yes the names are arkward, so we'll just have to have a few choices.

BFS

Curbs

Coyle

Advocaat

Terim

Mancini

Young up n coming

Experienced premiership boss

Experienced european coach

I'm keen to see how much support BFS really has.

BFS has never gone into a club and saved them from relegation, he stayed up with Bolton. He joined Bolton in 1999 and saved them in 2002-03. He has no track record of our current situation and as such is just as big a risk as the rest.

I think that's one of the most erroneous arguments I've read against Allardyce. The guy is known for making sides direct and resilient, yet he isn't qualified for a relegation scrap?

You think the Dunny situation will have a big impact on who the new manager might be?

John Williams was quoted in the LET the other day saying that Dunny will play a vital role in our battle for survival. I would have to agree with that especially if the rumours are true about our small budget in January. He clearly offers something different to the side when he is in it, he can run at players and has the skill to make those powerful runs.

If Dunny is so vital to our survival does that rule out Souey?

Tugay as some form of assistant to Souness is stupid.

Souey loves "YES, TWO BAGS FULL" men. I do not think that Tugay is that stupid or supine - I hope not.

Mark my words, if Souey returns, it will mean a return of that football bumpkin, Alan Murray. God, he sounded like a Souey clone when he did interviews in lieu of Souey, at Newcastle.

We need someone with gravitas, intelligence and, preferably, a tinsy bit of humility. (A rare combination in football, I admit).

Okay, I really am struggling to think of plausible/acceptable contenders. What about Stuart Pearce? He didn't quite hack it at Man City but seems to be doing a good job at England U21 and he seems the sort that'd inspire loyalty and commitment - if nothing else. Just a suggestion. David O'Leary's another name, albeit not the most satisfactory. We need a rabble-rouser with a bit of brains.

Well its nice to see JW talking about finding a new manager before the match on saturday, this tells me that there has been done some hime work before Ince got the kick.

Hopefully they present us a manager with some great skills, as long its not Souey or Big Sam. The situation we are in at the moment, we need a manager with a great personality.

And a person who can get into the players and get them to play as a team.

The announcements from the club that they want to apppoint someone by Saturday says to me they have prepared the ground beforehand and they have a damn good idea (read lined up) who the next man is. If they have then that is good planning and preparation in advance of the inevitable. We shall see though...

You think the Dunny situation will have a big impact on who the new manager might be?

John Williams was quoted in the LET the other day saying that Dunny will play a vital role in our battle for survival. I would have to agree with that especially if the rumours are true about our small budget in January. He clearly offers something different to the side when he is in it, he can run at players and has the skill to make those powerful runs.

If Dunny is so vital to our survival does that rule out Souey?

Very dangerous stuff there.

Extremely high risk relying on a player with a history of breaking down physically.

Well its nice to see JW talking about finding a new manager before the match on saturday, this tells me that there has been done some hime work before Ince got the kick.

Hopefully they present us a manager with some great skills, as long its not Souey or Big Sam. The situation we are in at the moment, we need a manager with a great personality.

And a person who can get into the players and get them to play as a team.

Snap... lol

Archived