BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shearer's people are making some noise. If rovers apoint him i think thats it all over

Well that would be mental. Why would he come now rather than the summer? And why would JW appoint him when we clearly need someone who knows what he was doing.

Only way I would go for it is if:

1) Shearer has a back room team sorted

2) He has some kind of coaching training

3) He has a strategy and methods which seem sensible and structured

Otherwise it is bloody asking for trouble!

From these shores it would be:

1. Big Sam

2. Graeme Souness

Foreign?

1. Terim

2. Bilic

Any of the above can and will do a better job than us, I would like to see Rovers get a foreign manager BUT think that we will go for the predictable and get Big Sam.

There's just as many pro as against.

Just fancied seeing it number form.

It is tricky, the names part I mean. It will chop and change but you can add/delete them as required and reset the poll, I know you have nothing better to do . ;)

While i'm ill and off work I don't.

I will put up the top 5 + a few that have been linked.

The announcements from the club that they want to apppoint someone by Saturday says to me they have prepared the ground beforehand and they have a damn good idea (read lined up) who the next man is. If they have then that is good planning and preparation in advance of the inevitable. We shall see though...

Isn't this exactly, what most hoped for, thus explaining the obvious delay for the last couple of weeks.

It sounds to me that the approach has been made, and just needs terms etc agreeing.

I am in the Faith Terim camp, with Tugay,

Nout like keeping it in the family, just ask our six fingered friends. :D

Similar to EIT's recent post, I think we need a manager who can solve the current problems we have (obviously with the aim of picking up points). Whilst I like Souness, and he may provide an initial boost, he would not (in my view) solve the problems we currently have.

Fitness/Tactics/Organisation: Souness has never been the best with tactics. In addition, he does not seem to associate himself with coaching staff who can help him with this.

Signings: We need someone who can wheel & deal, and someone who has an idea of the type of player we need now. Big Sam can do this. Domestically and internationally he has decent 'contacts'.

Our squad: Big Sam still watches Premiership football and will have a good idea of who he rates within our current squad (so can come in and work out the type of side/formation he wants straight away). His knowledge of the PL will help when preparing against teams.

Problem is time, with regards to any successor, as we need to act quick and decisively. This decision is massive.

ps - dont really think he will get it, but was tipped off on Stuart Baxter earlier, have put £30 at 33/1!!!

Archived