BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Safe but boring hmm...When was the last time we had exciting football at this club tchocky? I say under Souness during his peak. I didnt get exciting football under Hughes, and definitely havent seen any FOOTBALL under Ince. So lets get past this false illussion that Ewood Park has been graced with sexy football in the recent past.

Also, I believe its a bit unfair to say Bolton under Allardyce played boring football. Why? Cause they were physical and the big teams had trouble playing them? I think we all know how the media is biased towards teams like us, and whilst we were bullies, they were boring...

I dont buy it that much.

Boring wasn't so much meant as a reference to the style of football to be expected.. More that the thought just doesn't fill me with excitement. In a poll which meant something he would get my vote. Sounds like the right appointment to me. Can't see any other realistic candidates.

I disagree that bolton were boring under big sam,yes they had big and physical players but his sides were littered with extremely skilful and talented individuals.How can a side which contained okocha,anelka,campo,dorkajeff and to a lesser extent nolan,diouf and stelios be labelled as boring!

I have often thought this - the style of football they played was never for the purist - but this was mainly media bias against a small northern club (sound familiar ?).

Without doubt his teams always worked hard - and played a fair amount of long balls - but there was skill in the team and the style of football always created some excitement no matter who they were playing.

Must admit though - Mancini is an exciting prospect - mainly as I think the club would have to provide significant transfer funds to entice him to the club. If not - then has to be BFS - definitely not Curbs.

Souness has drifted all day from favorite to second favorite with Sam the odds-on favorite at the same time news of progress is announced...

Cant believe they would choose Souness over Allardyce. Although Souness would surely agree to a 6 month deal and is more than capable of saving us from relegation, and then the board might decide to give the job to someone else in the summer. It all depends what their philosophy is.

Cant see Allardyce rejecting us if we approach him cause it would be too risky to wait for Sunderland, cause if he is passed over he would be out in the cold BIGTIME.

Whoever the new manager is it's important for everybody to stick behind him for at least the rest of the season regardless of personal opinion. I've already said BS is the man for me but I would 100% back any manager walking through the door. To be honest, I really don't think we could do worse then Ince.

For me, another extremely important factor is the backroom team. We need coaches with good reputations and with experience at this level, this is crucial.

Archived