BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who then?

I said my piece in that respect, Advocaat or Terim. I believe we are seriously/detrimentally limiting ourselves by not looking abroad.

Talk "complete and utter crap" Sport are saying how could we sack him and why didn't we back him with funds. in fact its all I've heard all day off the radio.

Ince knew the score before he signed stop using it as an excuse, Stan has openly admitted he's only watched 2 games Everton A and Villa. Well done for formulating an opinion based on less than 10% of our games as always you are a benevolent fountain of all football knowledge, Cock (should this word not be allowed please replace with male chicken, cheers).

Football is a cut throat world always has been always will be its survival of the fittest. From day one you are fighting for your place and future. Its sink or swim and in this aspect I'm afraid Ince was a brick. He made the choices no-one else, he got it wrong, I wonder if he can see this? You'll notice most of the public backing has come from his mates.

Oh by the way Blyth 0 - 0 with Bournemouth. EDIT: 1- 0 Blyth I don't adam and eve it.

On Oddschecker, betfair says Big Sam is 11/17 but on Betfair itself it says he is 1.68. Isnt that a contradiction?

Well theyre reasonably close anyway, Betfair never gives numbers below 1, so itll always be denominator/numerator to create the decimal. 17/11 is 1.54...plus oddschecker has issues with updating and always gives fractional numbers so will never be 100% accurate.

I said my piece in that respect, Advocaat or Terim. I believe we are seriously/detrimentally limiting ourselves by not looking abroad.

Talk "complete and utter crap" Sport are saying how could we sack him and why didn't we back him with funds. in fact its all I've heard all day off the radio.

Ince knew the score before he signed stop using it as an excuse, Stan has openly admitted he's only watched 2 games Everton A and Villa. Well done for formulating an opinion based on less than 10% of our games as always you are a benevolent fountain of all football knowledge, Cock (should this word not be allowed please replace with male chicken, cheers).

Football is a cut throat world always has been always will be its survival of the fittest. From day one you are fighting for your place and future. Its sink or swim and in this aspect I'm afraid Ince was a brick. He made the choices no-one else, he got it wrong, I wonder if he can see this? You'll notice most of the public backing has come from his mates.

Oh by the way Blyth 0 - 0 with Bournemouth. EDIT: 1- 0 Blyth I don't adam and eve it.

Advocaat has just signed a new contract with Zenit, who I'd imagine are paying him big wages and aside from wondering if he'd want to come, we'd have to pay a lot in compo.

Terim isn't a bad shout, but we want someone in right now who has managed in this league before and done well. Sam worked wonders at Bolton, didnt do bad at all at Newcastle either. Forget about the quality of the football now - its a side issue. Besides, Bolton weren't that bad to watch really and we were hardly exponents of the beautiful game under Hughes...

Just had a text off a friend to keep my eye on the price of Houllier after he's heard a rumour that he was spotted arriving off the plane, probably a load of BS spotted by someone about 200 metres away who thought he looked vaguely like him but still worth noting, he's about 40/1 at the moment, again you'd think it would have come in if he had genuinely been spotted.

We need someone with power. Someone with who you've got the idea that he can turn things around at halftime. Someone who the players respect, someone who the players want to fight for. No troublemaker like Souness. Someone with natural leadership ability.

No clue who that could be. We know it this saturday. I prefer Roy Keane.

baxter is low cost and short term option. Not completely convinced but my friend is convinced he met john w and they had a positive chat today

baxter is low cost and short term option. Not completely convinced but my friend is convinced he met john w and they had a positive chat today

Looks like a complete unknown with massive experience....interesting.

In response to Daremz; It didn't look like the Sunderland players wanted to fight for Roy Keane though.

I'll back whoever comes in, hopefully it'll be someone like BFS, however I know who I don't want and Roy Keane is one of those people.

A few stories being told all round at the moment...

Allardyce source tells me he is in the frame despite some opposition within the club. Wonder if he would play off Rovers against Sunderland if he is offered it.

Souey has not been contacted...could be making him sweat.

Those were the two in the frame when this kicked off about 10/11 days ago.

I keep hearing there are people on the board who are on opposite sides about these two...some pro, some anti.

There could be others in the frame because I hear all sorts of managers and their agents have been in touch.

A foreign friend tells me Avram Grant says he is in the frame but that Sunderland like him too. Hmm.

Curbishley still a candidate. Yawn.

Archived