BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

WIN % in prem games for us according to SSN.

Dagleish 75.7%

Hughes 40%

Souey 33.9% (Based on that its 21 more points under him - leaving us with just 34pts, however this time he has a much better team to work with compared to the last time when we 1st came up)

Ince 18%

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a massive lack of resources the club can only be looking at experienced managers with a good track record of running a tight ship. Realisticly the likes of Curbishley, Dave Jones and Steve Coppell could all do a job at Ewood, no point us even dreaming of some of the names being mentioned on here. Allardyce and Souness could settle the side but I wouldnt be overjoyed at the appoinment of either, lets hope Mr Williams gets it right this time and hopefully some funds for a quality midfielder would be nice.

Whoever comes in will hopefully bring in their own men, lets not forget that all this mess isnt purely down to Ince alone and Im hardly excited about Knox and Mathias coaching the side for Saturday. ( As for Winterburn, words fail me!!!!)

I don't fancy the idea of BS at all but I can see why he looks like a safety first option for the club. More dodgy dealings could come out at any time though. Not sure he'd be too keen either after the fan opposition last time. If we're going for that type I would rather get Curbishley who may be dull at least his teams play decent football and stay up.

As for Souness, he would be a disaster. He's been ouit of the game for ages for a reason, no-one will employ him because he's fallen out with everyone. The orinic thing about if Sounes came back s that he would know several of the players and could make up a whole midfiled (Emerton, Dunn, Tugay, MGP) of people he had when he was last here. That probably speaks volumes about our current plight.

It's a difficult 1 for the board though isn't it?

I don't fancy the idea of BS at all but I can see why he looks like a safety first option for the club. More dodgy dealings could come out at any time though. Not sure he'd be too keen either after the fan opposition last time. If we're going for that type I would rather get Curbishley who may be dull at least his teams play decent football and stay up.

As for Souness, he would be a disaster. He's been ouit of the game for ages for a reason, no-one will employ him because he's fallen out with everyone. The orinic thing about if Sounes came back s that he would know several of the players and could make up a whole midfiled (Emerton, Dunn, Tugay, MGP) of people he had when he was last here. That probably speaks volumes about our current plight.

It's a difficult 1 for the board though isn't it?

And of course he thought so much of our best player on Saturday that he shipped him off to the Big Club. Could be quite a reunion

I think whomever it will be will have already been approached and will be looking at tying up details. It is really insensitive to appoint a new manager the same day you fire one. Personally, I hope it is Big Sam. Although I acknowledge its hardly a huge name that gets the taste buds tingling, he is the perfect man for this crisis. Its going to be a hard winter regardless of who we get in and I just feel Big Sams no frills, effective, direct tactical approach will work wonders for us in this situation.

Unlike some on here, I actually feel that the job would have him drooling. I know they took Ince over him in the summer, but the board can simply say they were looking for an up-and-coming manager at the time. Also, lets not forget that he is desperate to get back into a job and we are only one of twenty in the top league. Allardyce will most certainly have been doing all he can today to get the job which would be great for us.

I have voted for sam,although my first choice would be martin jol.I see roberto mancini has polled 2nd highest so far i dont think there is a chance he will become the manager and i dont want him to be,he has no experiance in the prem he probably hasnt even heard of most our squad so it would take him an awful long time to settle,time im afraid we dont have

As I said in the summer: If Big Fat Sam get's the job I'm not gonna watch a single Rovers game until he is gone. I know stay behind the team and all that, but no f***ing way I'm going to watch my team play that kind of football.

Bring on Souey! Although he will only bring his useless staff he will do in the short term..

As I said in the summer: If Big Fat Sam get's the job I'm not gonna watch a single Rovers game until he is gone. I know stay behind the team and all that, but no f***ing way I'm going to watch my team play that kind of football.

Bring on Souey! Although he will only bring his useless staff he will do in the short term..

Never go back.

His coaching and fitness demands are way off the pace.

It's not about the quality of football any more - it's about staying in a quality league!

Common sense time chaps.

I don't want Souness or Souey but I will give anyone a chance.

Sam has never come in and turned a club around in a short space of time. It took years for him to build Bolton, working up from the Championship, implementing his style over many years.

But who am I to cloud peoples excitement.

I hope whomever comes in does well

It's not about the quality of football any more - it's about staying in a quality league!

Common sense time chaps.

Unfortunately common sense is the most uncommon thing in the world.

Another suggestion.. Roy 'of the Rovers' Hodgson?? He made miracles last season with Fulham and they're not doing too bad now either.

Latest rumour:

Souness to be named until the end of the season alongside Shearer who will take over at the end of the season.

I nearly fell off my chair when I read that!

Can't see there being an ounce of truth in it tbh, they're both very strong characters and would probably end up killing each other inside a week!

Dalglish/Shearer til the end of the season though followed by Shearer.............

Still can't see it, Shearer certainly wouldn't fancy it if we were relegated would he?

Archived