BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

I'm not sure we are a big enough club to get him. Perhaps a team like Villa, Liverpool, a pre-UAE owned Man Citeh or Everton might attract him, but not a small club in Lancashire with no money.

Billy, sorry we had no money in 2004 we looked like we where going down and he applied.

People have to get past this small club in lancashire, rubbish. We have a record in this league second to none, we have been top ten more often than not. We have been in europe more often than not. We maybe a small club in size but we are not in stature.

Our league is the best in the world, no other league has the quality or money that we do, we baulk at having 10M every year to spend most on the continent would kill for that. Our last manager now has a billion pound cheque book in the strongest league in the world, because he brought us success.

Its the platform you have to look at. Ours, the premiership is the pinnacle, why wouldn't someone want to come to rovers. Look at the premiership differently, what jobs are likely to come up? Last season we finished seventh, even though we lost two big players no-one on here or even anywhere considered us relegation fodder.

Better jobs than us.

Man Utd - he hasn't got a chance

Chelsea - see above

Arsenal - ditto

Liverpool - deja vu

Villa - O'neills going nowhere

Moyes - 5 years left

Man City - no chance

Spurs - just got harry

The only jobs I see becoming available are Chelsea and man city, he will not be considered big enough for either.

At the end of the day if he wants to manage in the premier league his choices are limited, wait and hope or take the oppurtunity, as I said he applied in 2004 our situation is the same roughly as it was then, he still wants to test himself with the best, doing it at Rovers appealled enough last time it should again.

It would also be quick process he's already been through the interview process! :P

Managing Rovers in the premiership is an attractive proposition.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Souness till the end of the season and then take it from there. Souness will crack the wip and get some of these pre maddona's working.

If the board pull out some cash (£20-£50 million transfer budget), names like Billic will be interested but as it stands no budget, no good managers.

I'm keen to see how much support BFS really has.

Look at the rather large BFS topic then ;)

As Den said earlier the main issue with a poll is getting the desired candidate for everyone, and if a new candidate emerges the poll is useless.

Look at the rather large BFS topic then ;)

As Den said earlier the main issue with a poll is getting the desired candidate for everyone, and if a new candidate emerges the poll is useless.

There's just as many pro as against.

Just fancied seeing it number form.

It is tricky, the names part I mean. It will chop and change but you can add/delete them as required and reset the poll, I know you have nothing better to do . ;)

Never thought I'd say this but only one man currently available can get us out of this mess and thats Alladyce.

I'm worried the board are looking towards Curbishley though and thats almost as big of a mistake as considering Souness.

The club was dying under Souness and heading for relegation, the idiots up the road did us a massive favour.

Big Sam for me :o

Absolutely spot on, Gav.

It gives me the collywobbles to think Souey might come back.

Also, I'd love to have Owen Coyle but that just wont happen; he wont come and JW wouldn't appoint.

Roy Keane is in the frame :o No way Jose!!

It's got to be BFS...PLEASE.

It would be interesting to hear from Nicko to find out who has been spoken to/sounded out and who are real contenders for the job. Unfortunately we will just have to wait and see....

May be dreaming but I still love the thought of Fatih Terim with Tugay or Roberto Mancini. Slightly less ambitious and realistic though, it has to be Big Sam! If he is approached but says no I wouldn't really mind out of Souness or Curbishley as they are likely to be contenders.

We need to resist tempation with these few that could be available...poyet, keane etc and keep it simple...allardyce on a long term or souness on a short term.

Both seem to be a good choice.

Souness will i assume have no problem signing until the end of the season initially. He will certainlty make them take their heads out of their backsides and start fighting.

Allardyce wont sign short term but if hes in charge in confident of a few cheeky signings in january and one thing for sure...Sam will put 110% effort into keeping us up.

Can see the sense in Souness (on a short term deal) however, after Jansen's comment about training and remembering the state we were in when he left, has to be one man and one man only for me, Big Fat Sam!

You can shut up you were shouting Souness at the United cup match! :lol::lol:

Roy Keane in the running according to SSN

No Nay Never! Remember how he snubbed us for Utd when Dagleish was moments away from signing him but Rovers hilariously didn't have any staff working late to see the deal through.

Venables..

No Nay Never! Remember how he snubbed us for Utd when Dagleish was moments away from signing him but Rovers hilariously didn't have any staff working late to see the deal through.

Venables..

Snubbed us?

your a dingle, remember

:lol:

80% of the names mentioned so far makes me wish we hadn't sacked Ince.

Is there really no one good left who might be interested in Rovers?

The reality is there are teams in the championship with bigger transfer budgets than us!

Were second bottom and a few players want out! Alot of managers won't fancy it!

BFS should be approached 1st

Souness second!

Then a whole list inc.curbs, W.Smith, etc etc

80% of the names mentioned so far makes me wish we hadn't sacked Ince.

Is there really no one good left who might be interested in Rovers?

I just can't believe we are reduced to shopping in the bargain basement. I hope the trust help out, we need a good manager and good managers have jobs.

I completely agree it was no different in the summer.

Be careful what you wish for. People were much more united in wanting Ince out than in agreeing a logical replacement. I can only hope that John Williams has a strategy before he sees who is available. I hope that strategy is a short term one with a short term replacement with a short term contract to get us out of this mess. I do not fell warm and fuzzy about either of the failed Newcastle managers who have been out of work ever since and not involved the day to day craziness that is managing a bottom three club and motivating a bunch of players low on confidence, fitness and sense of purpose.

Either of those managers will need to assemble their backroom team which will take time and while Tugay is a legend he aint no trainer least all fitness trainer. So lets hope Mr Williams chooses wisely for the right reason and that we dont need to pay off another manager at the end of the season.

We know it will not be pretty and Hughes was clear what he needed to do when he joined. Savage fitted the bill and we became branded as dirty and hard and it kept us in the League. We built on that platform to become a respected footballing team. Feels a bit like back to the future any way you look at it.

Archived