BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

Where it matters, on Betfair Mancini is 55/1.

Allardyce is getting supported heavily, definite favourite in front of Souness

It's far too early to use the betting market as an indication of what is going on. There's less than 10,000 on the betfair market, it's just a case of people betting on names mentioned in papers over the past couple of weeks.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's far too early to use the betting market as an indication of what is going on. There's less than 10,000 on the betfair market, it's just a case of people betting on names mentioned in papers over the past couple of weeks.

I agree but I guarantee that market will tell us who is taking over before anybody else.

Big Sam.

The only candidate I feel confident about. His forward thinking and ability to get the best out of players is perfect for our current group of underperformers. With leadership and discipline back in the squad, we will be able to get out of this.

I would love martin jol to be the next manager however i dont think he would consider it.I think it will be one of souness,allardyce or curbishely of the 3 i would go for allardyce he did a fantastic job at bolton and he has been struggling to get back in the game since his sacking at newcastle.Big sam has a point to prove and i do believe he would accept if offered the positon.Whoever the new man is he will need some serious backing in the transfer window and if that means selling santa cruz in january then i think we should

Betting against Allardyce looks like where the money is to be made unless JW either undergoes a conversion or resigns.

Advocaat has just signed a contract extension at Zenit to end 2009 so will be pretty expensive to winkle out. If Ince had been removed two weeks ago, Advocaat's contract was expiring at the end of this year.

Will Sam want it?

He might be waiting for feedback from Sunderland and since they are dithering, he might not commit to us in the time frame we want.

Souness, well he must have his supporters on the board, for his name to crop up. He's also available and knows the club.

It's probably not going to be anyone other than those two in the frame, and given what I said above I think it will be Souness.

my personal dream wouldbe ottmar hitzfeldt, who stopped at bayern, whats he is doing right now, i dont now.. but thats the man for the job, throw a huge amount in through a survival clause.. perhaps unrealistic, but that really would be a man for the job..

personally i sure as hell hope it aint souness.. prefer allardyce between those 2..

He does not have to be british, football is a universal language.

I concur experience of our current predicament does require a manager with a track record of escaping relegation, unfortunatly Harry seems happy at spurs. People are citing Curb's and Allardyce but only one has experience of going into a club and keeping them up, Curb's. I'm not advocating him, he's only done it once. Both had a lot of time to get their squad in shape at Charlton and Bolton, that is a luxury we do not have. It may also be worth noting how much Curb's spent at West ham.

We have two players who have won the champions league, we need someone who would make them stand up and listen (they are our best hope of safety imo). We have feck all to spend so surely it follows we won't be buying British. So surely it makes better sense for a man to come in with some pull on the continent?

The selection from our Isles is appalling, personally if it has to be from this country we should call Hull, Brown has combined Boltons hard to beat workethic with some seriously effective football (I'd wager he had a lot to do with Boltons sucess under Sam), his results against the big four speaks volumes. Who's squad on paper looks the better, if he can do that with his current lot (no dis-respect meant) he could certinly sort us out. He went in at hull saved them from the drop, won promtion the next year, and got to the top of the premiership with a team that where dubbed "The Next Derby".

42.42% win ratio at hull, he was unbeaten when in charge at Bolton 4 wins and a draw, impressive especially after a sacking!

In our current situation we need someone who can instantly boost the lads, attract a couple of good players (on the cheap it would seem). If we've got no money, then loan be it! We need to make far better use of this market in january people will be available, players at some of the better continental clubs may fancy strutting their stuff in the Prem, to increase their chances of a move. A young prodogy perhaps, I still cannot believe Ince never went to Italy and Inter for a couple of players once it became apparent that no-one was coming in.

We need a serious tactican, a motivator, and someone with connections abroad, good ones. Someone with a history in british football would be nice, and of over achieveing. So for me its one of two Terim or Advocaat, both have had great success in their careers, both have won continental competions. Both have serious connections and pull in europe, either would be cheap to employ.

Even the likes of RSC and Benni would listen/respect them both are strong tacticans, both are good at getting the best out of players. Both have had good success at international level. You can't choose the players you want at international level, you work with what you have. Neither Curbs or BFS have ever done this, and thats why for me we have to look elsewhere. Christ most of our teams continental might as well have a continental manager. A player from the continent is more likely to come here with a man in charge he acctually knows of.

If the trust however where the ones pushing for the sacking as has been reported, you would have to think they would have considered the finacial aspects of it for the club. By sacking Ince we have blown most of our transfer budget and whilst it was the right thing to do, this senario is not much better. I cannot believe that they honestly don't think we require some investment. We will need to spend so either the trust will dig in and give a little more than the january 3M, or RSC is gone. I'd like to think since they pushed for it that they would have brought a plan to the table, not another problem.

At least once they name him we'll know where we stand, available IE cheap would not require budget IE curb's or BFS and its no money. However if as I hope its a man from europe I believe they may loosen the purse strings. They won't come if theres not, Even if it means they get to spend all of RSC's fee.

I would reccomend someone who knows how to keep teams up on a short contract until the end of the season. Make sure were safe then start planning for the futue again.

I reckon allardyce would keep us up by making us hard to beat and playing ugly football. Wouldnt want him on a long term deal though.

Then id go for a well known and experienced manager for next season. Beenhacker or Advokaat would be quality, but dont know whether they would be tempted by blackburn.

He does not have to be british, football is a universal language.

I concur experience of our current predicament does require a manager with a track record of escaping relegation, unfortunatly Harry seems happy at spurs. People are citing Curb's and Allardyce but only one has experience of going into a club and keeping them up, Curb's. I'm not advocating him, he's only done it once. Both had a lot of time to get their squad in shape at Charlton and Bolton, that is a luxury we do not have. It may also be worth noting how much Curb's spent at West ham.

We have two players who have won the champions league, we need someone who would make them stand up and listen (they are our best hope of safety imo). We have feck all to spend so surely it follows we won't be buying British. So surely it makes better sense for a man to come in with some pull on the continent?

The selection from our Isles is appalling, personally if it has to be from this country we should call Hull, Brown has combined Boltons hard to beat workethic with some seriously effective football (I'd wager he had a lot to do with Boltons sucess under Sam), his results against the big four speaks volumes. Who's squad on paper looks the better, if he can do that with his current lot (no dis-respect meant) he could certinly sort us out. He went in at hull saved them from the drop, won promtion the next year, and got to the top of the premiership with a team that where dubbed "The Next Derby".

42.42% win ratio at hull, he was unbeaten when in charge at Bolton 4 wins and a draw, impressive especially after a sacking!

In our current situation we need someone who can instantly boost the lads, attract a couple of good players (on the cheap it would seem). If we've got no money, then loan be it! We need to make far better use of this market in january people will be available, players at some of the better continental clubs may fancy strutting their stuff in the Prem, to increase their chances of a move. A young prodogy perhaps, I still cannot believe Ince never went to Italy and Inter for a couple of players once it became apparent that no-one was coming in.

We need a serious tactican, a motivator, and someone with connections abroad, good ones. Someone with a history in british football would be nice, and of over achieveing. So for me its one of two Terim or Advocaat, both have had great success in their careers, both have won continental competions. Both have serious connections and pull in europe, either would be cheap to employ.

Even the likes of RSC and Benni would listen/respect them both are strong tacticans, both are good at getting the best out of players. Both have had good success at international level. You can't choose the players you want at international level, you work with what you have. Neither Curbs or BFS have ever done this, and thats why for me we have to look elsewhere. Christ most of our teams continental might as well have a continental manager. A player from the continent is more likely to come here with a man in charge he acctually knows of.

If the trust however where the ones pushing for the sacking as has been reported, you would have to think they would have considered the finacial aspects of it for the club. By sacking Ince we have blown most of our transfer budget and whilst it was the right thing to do, this senario is not much better. I cannot believe that they honestly don't think we require some investment. We will need to spend so either the trust will dig in and give a little more than the january 3M, or RSC is gone. I'd like to think since they pushed for it that they would have brought a plan to the table, not another problem.

At least once they name him we'll know where we stand, available IE cheap would not require budget IE curb's or BFS and its no money. However if as I hope its a man from europe I believe they may loosen the purse strings. They won't come if theres not, Even if it means they get to spend all of RSC's fee.

really excellent written mate.. i agree on everything, the process of hiring seems narrowminded, its as if, it HAS TO BE BRITISH, WITH PREMIER LEAGUE EXPERIENCE..

you hit bulls eye, with your statement, we need a tactician and motivator, and such a manager could easely be found i,n other big continental leagues..

Archived