BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who Should The New Manager Be?

neekoy

New Manager  

506 members have voted

1. 1. From the following who would you prefer?

• Sam Allardyce
    • Graeme Souness
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Roy Keane
    • Owen Coyle
    • David Jones
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Avram Grant

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know, I'm just still struggling to see what is so great about Sam Allardyce and why he is so much better than other managers available out there such as Reid, Graham, Hoddle, Curbishley, McLaren, Venables etc who all have a similiar or better record to him. Most of these are out of work and readily available.

I just think that Allardyce is being built up to some kind of god like status already!

What has he ever really done except do decently for Bolton in the long run at Bolton but was nearly relegated from the premiership their first couple of years in.

Not sure I agree about Peter Reid but I agree with you on Allardyce, and it isn't a small minority as only 50% are in favour of Allardyce. The majority on here are thinking short-term and the idea Allardyce can keep us up is very attractive to them. There are a lot of hurdles to overcome with Sam, not least the 20+ backroom staff he will expect which will add at least £1m and probably much more to the wage bill. I think it goes to prove what an inspired choice Hughes was as there isn't a candidate mentioned so far to get the blood racing. I'm amused to find Allardyce is the saviour when 70% of fans who expressed an opinion threatened to send their STs back last summer. That thread makes good reading f one then compares it with posts this week.

The best arguement for Sam, thanks to den because I hadn't considered this, is he could be the man to win promotion if we go down.

It makes me laugh that the majority of you didn't want Big Sam in the summer because he played an unattractive brand of football which even lead to a facebook petition against him. Now Ince has gone and we are in the brown stuff you all suddenly think he is the right man. What a difference six months makes.

It makes me laugh that the majority of you didn't want Big Sam in the summer because he played an unattractive brand of football which even lead to a facebook petition against him. Now Ince has gone and we are in the brown stuff you all suddenly think he is the right man. What a difference six months makes.

Not why I didn't and still don't want him.

The thing is in the summer, we were looking for a manager having just finished 7th. I would say the BFS was not such an inspiring prospect at that time.

However times and things have changed since then. We haven't got the same perspective as 6 months ago.

Understands

Yes I know. I can read. And do joined up writing. Just been warning people not to jump the gun. So dont jump the gun on me gun jumping

Sky get the interview timing correct as well there.

This could go against Sam if he has jumped the gun with this leak.

Why? It's his call now. Either he can reject it and leave us up the Riverside without a paddle, or he can cash inhis chips

Yes I know. I can read. And do joined up writing. Just been warning people not to jump the gun. So dont jump the gun on me gun jumping

Why? It's his call now. Either he can reject it and leave us up the Riverside without a paddle, or he can cash inhis chips

Nicko's last post suggested others are being interviewed.

Archived