BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rubbish. Usual case of ''not your story, so dont like it''. Same as Grella.

£2million for Diouf, just what the doctor ordered thank you.

Hmm, Grella's hardly set the place on fire has he? Apart from his own personal gurney in the treatment room. And as for Diouf, whilst £2m is a decent price for someone with premiership experience, you have to ask why he couldn't get into a team like Sunderland and when was the last time he actually scored consistently in the prem league? It's no RSC replacement

• Backroom
Ricky..question for you, (if that is not going off topic!)

If this is Nicko's thread..why not just keep it for Nicko only..? Be a lot easier to find his infrequent musings then. You could also get some badly needed rest and we could all relax a little.

Because we know people like to ask Nicko questions related to Rovers and the transfer window

Hmm, Grella's hardly set the place on fire has he? Apart from his own personal gurney in the treatment room. And as for Diouf, whilst £2m is a decent price for someone with premiership experience, you have to ask why he couldn't get into a team like Sunderland and when was the last time he actually scored consistently in the prem league? It's no RSC replacement

more to the point, at 27 does he still have potential and can sam get the best out of him?

who would have bought Benni MacCarthy 3 games ago, look at him now, he's 31

i would trust sam's judgement if this story is true

Thats an interesting one. I would be happy with him, we don't have that sort of player at the moment. You can talk about pace but is he any slower than Bentley?

garcia is truly awful, 99 times out of a hundred liverpool lost possession when he recieved the ball, as about as far away from the type of player we need as is imaginable.

Well i'd have to ask you why Diouf was in the Bolton team every week, but not Sunderland, even though Bolton are a better side??

Or why Riera is doing the biz at Liverpool but couldn't at City??

Nicko comparing Diouf to Fowler (who couldn't get in the Cardiff side) when we already have 4 strikers, is plain silly. And we wouldn't replace Santa with Diouf.

Get a proven Premier league player in January for 2million, who can play wide right, who has a creative spark we need?? YES PLEASE!!!!

Sign some fat scmuck in the summer for a position we dont need, umm yeh See ya later Ince.

A hesitation about Spit the Diouf.

Neither Keane nor Sbragia (an old Notlob mucker from when Sam was BFS) have fancied him this season. Anyone know why?

Asked a seasoned Liverpool supporter on his thoughts about Diouf, he said hes the only ex-Liverpool player ever to be booed when ever he goes back to Anfield didnt ask why.

Diouf seemed to fall out with Keane and his staff for some reason so Sbragia might still be holding it against him.

In which case we might be able to get him on the cheap.

We already hated by most people in football anyway. We were not popular before Allardyce arrived and are even less so now we have him at the helm so I say we sod them and get in players and become a really hated team. It worked with the likes of Savage and Bellamy.

What would we rather be...popular and relegated or hated and successful?

What would we rather be...popular and relegated or hated and successful?

I know... but... Diouf? I struggle to see past the spitting/cheating persona. Are there really no alternatives? Having said that, I didn't take to Robbie (Savage) until he pulled on a blue and white shirt but then again I didn't take to Robbie (Fowler) even after he had.

Luis Garcia...your man Ballague is trying to find him a club in England...avoid.

Diouf...why would anyone want him?...sorry...ask the Bolton people who had him last season.

Grella...he was worth the money, wasn't he?

Roque...still down to Man City sorting out their internal politics...there is a price...they know it...but they have not bid. How odd.

Spurs badges...I don't draw the pages.

I am not a huge fan of Diouf and his antics either but if he is brought on then once he pulls on the blue and white halves we will soon forget all that.

It does seem like he can be got at a cheap price as Sunderland really do not want him near their team

Taking that comment at face value - since it could be your opinion - then a warning methinks! The only saving grace would be that Sam knows how he ticks and how to get the best of him. But the same could have been said of Sbragia...?

Luis Garcia...your man Ballague is trying to find him a club in England...avoid.

Diouf...why would anyone want him?...sorry...ask the Bolton people who had him last season.

Roque...still down to Man City sorting out their internal politics...there is a price...they know it...but they have not bid. How odd.

Is that just a cheap shot or are you going somewhere with that line?

All very negative/cynical snippets. Lost a bet or two over Christmas?

Funnily enough I have. My mate (ST holder @ Reebok) rated his effort, work rate and ability very highly. Said Dioufs attitude was faultless. And this conversation took place last season too. Must say his enthusiasm and appreciation of 'Spit' caused me to raise an eyebrow to say the least. If SA can get the best out of him then he is some manager imo.

Diouf would be a barnstorming signing.

Whenever we play against him I always feel as if he is a great danger. He is quick, skillful and has an unpredictability which we are currently lacking.

£2m would be a snip, and IMO would increase our survival chances by about 10-15%.

All very negative/cynical snippets. Lost a bet or two over Christmas?

Totally the opposite as it happens.

Up the Villa!

Funnily enough I have. My mate (ST holder @ Reebok) rated his effort, work rate and ability very highly. Said Dioufs attitude was faultless. And this conversation took place last season too. Must say his enthusiasm and appreciation of 'Spit' caused me to raise an eyebrow to say the least. If SA can get the best out of him then he is some manager imo.

Diouf doesn't score goals, starts arguments in an empty room and had his team-mates at his throat for his lack of effort and his manager keeping him out of away games.

Yeah, sounds ideal to me...

The point is Rovers have money and a competent manager.

So hopefully you will give Diouf a body swerve.

Julio Cruz is free to leave Inter.

6 months left on his contract so he wouldnt cost much. Always rated him. Arguably got better feet than Roque and is equally as good in the air. He is 34 though. Built for this league.

Was going to say it looked potentially like another Fowler but had a quick look and not a bad shout - scored 18 in 33 last season!

Archived