BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

Sturridge contract at City is up for negotiation at the moment - saying that Owen has still to sign his new offer. How long will Bennie's new lease of life last, that is my main concern at the momment, but he is at least 'showing' more commitment in the last few days.

few days? id say few weeks as he looked even leaner again today and you dont lean up in days ,but i no what you mean

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nicko, do you know anything on davies - any truth in it?

as much as i dont like the idea i think he'd be good fol for benni..

so benni can crack the wine on the bench in the brown paper bag...waster and wino and blew his chance at rovers ,I would be personally feel insulted if this lazy overated waste of space ever wore our famous shirt again.id rather have fowler back.

Aston Villa have put in the biggest bid...but O'Neill plays the field and has other options.

Harry Redknapp is trying to turn the pressure on by talking about other bids to [a] put Portsmouth on the spot and let West Ham know he has an alternative to Bellamy. He is an old fox.

Ah, brightened up my night there Nicko :)

Depends if the biggest is big enough tho, I will wait and see B)

Portsmouth may well be a club worth raiding - Crouch must be on huge wages they must have to sell him. Glen Johnson can be pretty good on his day.

West ham also if they have to sell - Upson I believe has been told can go - so there could be deals involving these two clubs, who may be forced to sell to survive!!!!!

Portsmouth have 20M Diarra money and Adams has been told he can spend it. He'll also get a very big fee for Defoe. I like Crouch but doubt whether we could afford him or whether he'd come here. Glen Johnson would be a great buy.

There had better be a lot of transfer activity for us, especially in midfield. As far as I can see we need to replace the following:

- Steven Reid: sicknote, don't expect him to ever come back to his best

- Vince Grella: has a lot to prove - we need proven (and available) players

- David Dunn: Good when fit. Fit too rarely

- Johann Vogel: Obviously not fancied by Ince or Sam. Get rid

And that's just the center of midfield. In addition we could definitely do with a couple of new wingers, and come the end of the season Tugay must be replaced. Ooijer needs replacing as well. Oviously I don't expect this all to be remedied in January, but it certainly highlights where our main priority should be. A current central midfield of Tugay, Andrews and Mokoena speaks volumes...

I read somewhere that City have bungled his contract and its run down. He can leave for nothing in January and Chelsea are sniffing!

If there is any truth in Chelsea looking at him then he must surely have something about him other than that is his agent is trying to put him on Chelsea wages.

It will be interesting to see whether there is the same amount of stick dished out for Big Sam and his player as there was for Mr. Ince and Keith Andrews.

At least Dioufy has Premiership experience and is still able to run. I'm not convinced though he could play on the right hand side of a four man midfield? I only see him fitting in a 433 ala Bolton and Newcastle

Will young british players not learn that Chelsea is now a graveyard. Still we'll have him on loan once he goes there ;)

Just tell him to call Scott Sinclair.

Ryan Taylor could be available for as low as 500K. Id snap him up. Great crossing, great right foot, excellent set plays. Cheap option for the right back or right wing position.

He's a good shout.

I like Villanueva, but they seem to have written him off for the rest of the season.

Diouf would cost a fee, plus big wages...which is a huge risk and a bad way to start. As bad as Fowler signing because of the 'tone' that it sets.

Not sure where Sam is going to get players, half of the league is in trouble and not likely to help out with deals. Going to be interesting.

I would certainly ask for Sturridge in the Roque deal. ;)

I'd snap Sturridge up now regardless but he surely won't be up for sale will he? I rate him at least as good as Roque.

I just hope we bring in one young player with real pace.

I read somewhere that City have bungled his contract and its run down. He can leave for nothing in January and Chelsea are sniffing!

That seems more likely!

Its time to prise open the wallets (with the claw bars :rolleyes:) and back Sam to the hilt Rovers money men,our future is at stake right here, right now.

For me this is the one issue that will see us up or down. If the Jersey boys just see Roque as profit taking then we're stuffed with another 5m to spend. Right now we should be showing some B**!!$ and opening the Wallet to support Allardyce considering the job he's done so far. Last thing you want is another upset manager saying the moneys gone to Jersey.

And as for no right wingers -we should have bid for Malbranque when he wandered up to Sunderland in a daze. Wright - Phillips wouldn't have broken the bank either. We have to be more audacious!

IT"S THE MONEY STUPID!

I would be personally feel insulted if this lazy overated waste of space ever wore our famous shirt again.id rather have fowler back.

Davies is not lazy Abbs, nor is he over rated imo. He'd be a fool to come here but I'd hav no problrm with him. A good player that we ruined by 1. Paying too much for him and 2. Playing to his weaknesses rather than his strengths. We expected him to be a new Shearer when in actual fact there has not been one anywher.

Rem also that the money that we went in with was seen as a huge joke in the Soton boardroom.

Portsmouth have 20M Diarra money and Adams has been told he can spend it. He'll also get a very big fee for Defoe. I like Crouch but doubt whether we could afford him or whether he'd come here. Glen Johnson would be a great buy.

Sounds a lot but rem Pompey are £85 million in debt with owners who are nowhere near as wealthy as thought and a small fan base. Their bank manager must be getting an itchy trigger finger imo.

Davies is not lazy Abbs, nor is he over rated imo. He'd be a fool to come here but I'd hav no problrm with him. A good player that we ruined by 1. Paying too much for him and 2. Playing to his weaknesses rather than his strengths. We expected him to be a new Shearer when in actual fact there has not been one anywher.

Rem also that the money that we went in with was seen as a huge joke in the Soton boardroom.

:rover: i thought he had thrush off the mouth :brfcsmilie:

Archived