BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

• Backroom
Come on show a little common sense. Yes ideally this thread will remain just nicko, but these posts generate debate which then leads to further debate etc - where do you draw the line? It'd be a shame if some perfectly good discussions were stifled due to overmodding...

The same debates are being carried on in other threads, we don't need this one turning into a general discussion thread as well.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, here's the final warning for those who appear to be a bit hard of thinking!!!

This thread is Nicko's thread. It's a thread to talk about rumours and stories that Nicko posts on here (are you keeping up so far.....good!!)

It's also a place to ask him Rovers based questions (not questions about other teams.... are you still with me.... great!!!)

Thats the end of it. guess where the debate about Paul Ince goes....... yep, you got it in one.... the PAUL INCE thread!!!!

Hope that's not too tricky for you all.

Next person who takes this off topic will be banned until the end of the transfer window so they can't take it off topic again. Simple as that.

Someone suggested Taylor for us a couple of days ago - not sure if he has the required quality to come in and make an impact though??

Bolton boss Gary Megson wants to sign Wigan's versatile Ryan Taylor in a bargain deal - think the price is around £500k.

Yep I did. Ideally we should be looking at better players, but considering money constraints and domestic players wouldnt be needing to settle in as much as foreigners do, Id say he wouldnt be the worst shout. Definitely one for the squad at worst.

About Garcia, he is a quality player but do we need another slow winger?

Right, here's the final warning for those who appear to be a bit hard of thinking!!!

This thread is Nicko's thread. It's a thread to talk about rumours and stories that Nicko posts on here (are you keeping up so far.....good!!)

It's also a place to ask him Rovers based questions (not questions about other teams.... are you still with me.... great!!!)

Thats the end of it. guess where the debate about Paul Ince goes....... yep, you got it in one.... the PAUL INCE thread!!!!

Hope that's not too tricky for you all.

Next person who takes this off topic will be banned until the end of the transfer window so they can't take it off topic again. Simple as that.

Ricky. Would it not be easier / more productive for you to simply move them to the relevent thread with a note to say so? Or is it too time consuming? The nature of this very thread is that by definition it is comment provoking and sometimes topics will meander as a result?

It would just take too long theno, all we're asking people to do is post in the correct threads. Just think before they post that's all.

Why should we have to read every single post and then move it to the correct thread? People should just post in the correct threads.

we have no problem with people debating possible targets on here, that's part and parcel of this thread, I just can't be bothered reading 2 pages of sniping at each other and then a page of debate about Paul ince. Hope you see where i'm coming from on this.

hmm, Luis Garcia. i dont know so much about him signing, as i would rather a player with a bit more pace. Our whole team seems slow, so signing another slow player aint going to help us in any way. if we can get that right winger, and a strong experienced right back then i would be happy with that.

im guessing that Sam will go for another striker, even if Santa Cruz stays. i also think that despite Kevin Nolan saying he is happy at Bolton, that Sam will make a move for him. If Dunn is fit, a partnership of him and Nolan in central midfield would be good.

Just cant see us making too many changes, especially selling too many of our players. Right now we need a stable squad, with a few additions in key positions.

im guessing that Sam will go for another striker, even if Santa Cruz stays. i also think that despite Kevin Nolan saying he is happy at Bolton, that Sam will make a move for him. If Dunn is fit, a partnership of him and Nolan in central midfield would be good.

Doesn't Kevin Nolan hate us though? I know players' don't have much genuine affection for their clubs anymore but I don't want a player who actively doesn't like us!

Doesn't Kevin Nolan hate us though? I know players' don't have much genuine affection for their clubs anymore but I don't want a player who actively doesn't like us!

i cant remember Nolan saying he hates us, maybe its the Bolton vs Rovers so called rivalry... Perhaps the reason Dunn turned Bolton down, was because he hates Bolton.

I can see Sam bringing in some quality signings, who they might be we shall see. I do however hope that its experienced premiership players, who will not take 5 or 6 games to get use to the league.

kevin nolans a bit fat and slow isn't he. remember dunny's goal against them last season? he ran past nolan and fat amy whinehouse like they weren't there. with all due respect to dunny, not many midfielders would allow him such an opportunity. I know a few notlob fans who don't rate him either

Cant wait for this transfer window to re open, as it will be interesting to see what Sam does.

im very much eager to see what Names Nicko comes out with, and who we linked with. Tal Ben Haim, is not a bad defender at all, but is a central defender a key priority at the moment? imo a right back and right winger, with a creative midfielder are of more importance right now.

we still lacking a proper right winger, in fact we dont have a right winger. Dunny is injured again, and it is time to get another creative midfielder with experience in.

Sorry Can I ask a dumb question and ask who is Niko in relation to rovers? Does he work there or something?

I think I asked that question once before but ive got a very bad memory :)

Nicko (Alan Nixon) is a journalist for the Mirror group of newspapers.

Also was (still is?) "rumoured" to be a shareholder in the Proactive Sports Group football agency (if it still exists under that name)...

*Disclaimer* Could be another journo called Alan Nixon though

;-)

Nicko (Alan Nixon) is a journalist for the Mirror group of newspapers.

Also was (still is?) "rumoured" to be a shareholder in the Proactive Sports Group football agency (if it still exists under that name)...

*Disclaimer* Could be another journo called Alan Nixon though

;-)

I offer nothing more than the wikipedia description of "journalist":

A journalist (also called a newspaperman) is a person who practices journalism, the gathering and dissemination of information about current events, trends, issues, and people while striving for non-bias viewpoint.

Reporters are one type of journalist. They create reports as a profession for broadcast or publication in mass media such as newspapers, television, radio, magazines, documentary film, and the Internet. Reporters find sources for their work, their reports can be either spoken or written, and they are often expected to report in the most objective and unbiased way to serve the public good. A columnist is a journalist who writes pieces that appear regularly in newspapers or magazines.

Depending on the context, the term journalist also includes various types of editors and visual journalists, such as photographers, graphic artists, and page designers.

Journalists put the information in their own words, making it creative in their own way so it will catch the reader's or viewer's attention

It would just take too long theno, all we're asking people to do is post in the correct threads. Just think before they post that's all.

Why should we have to read every single post and then move it to the correct thread? People should just post in the correct threads.

we have no problem with people debating possible targets on here, that's part and parcel of this thread, I just can't be bothered reading 2 pages of sniping at each other and then a page of debate about Paul ince. Hope you see where i'm coming from on this.

Iv'e suggested before that Nicko posts' his transfer info in a thread that only he can post in and a supplementary thread that members can respond in, ask questions and verbally beat each other up in if thats how they feel

B)

Nicko has there been any developments regarding santa cruz,do you expect if there is a deal to be done it will be done in early january?You have also suggested that city might be trying to throw a couple of part exchanges into the deal any idea what players they are offering?(please dont say vassel).The daily mail ran a story saying benni wanted to leave surely there is no truth to this?

£2 million for Diouf would be a bloody brilliant signing in my opinion. I just had a look at his profile and I didn't realise he's still only 27, I thought he was nearer 30 for some reason.

Considering how silly prices have got recently, £2 million for someone at that age and with his quality would be excellent business.

How would signing a 27yr old Premiership midfielder/attacker for £2m be worse than signing an 33yr old striker from The Championship? In terms of value for money, Diouf wins hands down. Fowler did nothing but take up space.

Archived