BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The priority for me is not a new right winger/midfielder - it's a really good central midfielder. I'd take Emo as he is now over that money-grabbing lightweight Pennant any day. We need somebody in centre midfield that is the heartbeat of the team like Tugay, who can press and harass like Sav and who is a leader on the pitch. I'm not sure where you get someone like that but Reid wasn't the same after his injury and so we can only assume he'll be worse after this latest one, and Grella and Vogel are unproven yet.

Ibrahima Yattara

Talking of right Wingers.....heres one for you Sam.......Hes ideal in that he is very pacy has a good cross on him and very good on set peices....He plays in Turkey for one of the "lesser" teams but is really good.....

Video......Yattara

Looks great, but then so did Carlos...

Looks great, but then so did Carlos...

I do not think it right to suggest at the moment that Carlos is a bad player. A lot of us had great expectations of him because of the utube video. I also think it is too early to right him off just yet as he has not really been given a decent chance to show us what he can do. His frame seems a bit lightweight at the moment, but he is still young and therefore still growing. With the right training etc there is every chance he could develop into a very good player. Anyway most of the Rovers players were bad under Ince, yet have played better recently - even Bennie Macarthy looked crap and bone idle under Ince - yet is now doing good.

Before the Sunderland game, Big Sam was talking about how difficult the transfer market is these days. Not as easy to pick up bargains or even decent loan signings - he was comparing the present day with his time at Bolton. Said you have to spend cash and obviously hope the signing comes off.

I am intrigued to see who he looks to bring in, he does seem to be very 'well connected'.

I do not think it right to suggest at the moment that Carlos is a bad player. A lot of us had great expectations of him because of the utube video. I also think it is too early to right him off just yet as he has not really been given a decent chance to show us what he can do. His frame seems a bit lightweight at the moment, but he is still young and therefore still growing. With the right training etc there is every chance he could develop into a very good player. Anyway most of the Rovers players were bad under Ince, yet have played better recently - even Bennie Macarthy looked crap and bone idle under Ince - yet is now doing good.

I wasn't suggesting Carlos is a bad player - I like him and think with training he'll be a good player in the prem league - the point I was making is that YouTube simply shows you the best flashes of a player

I wasn't suggesting Carlos is a bad player - I like him and think with training he'll be a good player in the prem league - the point I was making is that YouTube simply shows you the best flashes of a player

Point taken Roverthe hill - youtube put Carlos on a very high pedistal - but the potential is certianly there.

Ibrahima Yattara

Talking of right Wingers.....heres one for you Sam.......Hes ideal in that he is very pacy has a good cross on him and very good on set peices....He plays in Turkey for one of the "lesser" teams but is really good.....

Video......Yattara

looks good, i cant see why he is being compared to carlos though, carlos requires a free role in the centre of the park, not usually a role that a relegation dogfight team can afford to use, wingers on the other hand do have space to create and have licence to come in and out off the flank.

In saying that they cant just sit back and watch the fullback struggle maybe he is not known for tracking back.

Sam always did like African players so maybe...

From wikipedia: Yattara is one of the most highly rated wingers in Turkey due to his technical aptitude. His unpredictable dribbling and flair, combined with good crossing, enables him to be a potent attacking threat who creates chances for his team's strikers. He is also renowned for his composure in front of goal and from set pieces. Spanish coach Luis Aragones once stated that Yattara's playing style is very similar to Ronaldinho.

Despite this he has been criticised for being inconsistent and injury-prone. He has also shown a lack of discipline, frequently losing his focus in games when distracted and seeing a dip in performance as a result.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahima_Yattara

Despite this he has been criticised for being inconsistent and injury-prone. He has also shown a lack of discipline, frequently losing his focus in games when distracted and seeing a dip in performance as a result.

Would fit in perfectly then....

You've not been around long enough to know that unleaded is one of the more informed posters on this messageboard.

He may well be, but as Bobby G said it was at bit out of nowhere.

I'd never heard of him so googled him FM results galore, so I made an assumption and wrote what I thought was a witty one liner, left it open by using Perhaps, in case I was wrong, apparently I was.

OK someone needs to explain why is everyone being called Pot, is that meant to be an insult??? What does it mean?

looks good, i cant see why he is being compared to carlos though, carlos requires a free role in the centre of the park, not usually a role that a relegation dogfight team can afford to use, wingers on the other hand do have space to create and have licence to come in and out off the flank.

In saying that they cant just sit back and watch the fullback struggle maybe he is not known for tracking back.

The comparison was only that they both looked good on youtube. Not with regards playing style, position etc.

Hi Nicko, now that Ince is (long) gone, can you shed any detailed light on what really happened between him and Vogel?

Of course, it's easy to point to Vogel as the "could-have-made-a-difference" as he wasn't used at all, but Hughes obviously rated him.

Hi Nicko, now that Ince is (long) gone, can you shed any detailed light on what really happened between him and Vogel?

Of course, it's easy to point to Vogel as the "could-have-made-a-difference" as he wasn't used at all, but Hughes obviously rated him.

Not so sure that Hughes rated him as having no other choice. Much like Sam having to play Andrews at the moment because there is no one else availible.

I don't think he fancied him...but there was also an incident where he heard Vogel talking to Roque in Spanish - and thought he was making comments about him behind his back.

Nicko any truth in Janko being linked with Betis, and Spurs? I LOST INTEREST IN HIM WHEN PAUL INCE WENT...THERE WAS BIG ROVERS INTEREST...BUT THE PROBLEM WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE THAT HIS CLUB IS WEALTHY...GOOD LUCK TO ANYONE TRYING TO BUY HIM.

Also have Villa actually bid 16 million pounds for Defoe?!?! VILLA WOULD PAY ABOUT £10 MILLION FOR DEFOE...THE BLESSED MARTIN ALSO FANCIES BELLAMY...SO HE WON'T MAKE HIS MIND UP UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE...HE DID THE SAME WITH BRAD, LINING UP A MOVE AND THEN SPENDING TWO OR THREE WEEKS CLOWNING ABOUT.

Archived