BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would take Diouff in a heartbeat. I think we've got to take the situation we find ourselves in, into account here.

Being in real danger of relegation means we can't attract top quality to Ewood this season, - not permanently anyway. Diouff does have qualities that we desperately need. He holds the ball up and gives the team posession in midfield [something that only Tugay can do for us], he has pace, he causes opposition problems. He can play right hand midfield. For only £2m, there's even a sell on there. He doesn't score goals as Nicko says, but he's not a striker is he?

He would be a good acquisition IMO.

Agreed - I'm astounded Nicko thinks he'd be a worse signing than Fowler. Cannot see how any current Premiership player could be worse than Fowler.

Agreed - I'm astounded Nicko thinks he'd be a worse signing than Fowler. Cannot see how any current Premiership player could be worse than Fowler.

I agree there- I don't like Diouf's attitude but there's no doubting the guy can play when he wants to. If Sam could motivate him he could bring everything that Bentley brought to the team. He's got pace, he can beat people, play on either wing no problem and he'll score as many as Pedersen. Derbyshire or Diouf on the right wing - You chose.

If Bellamy couldn't be persuaded to stay at Ewood Park last time, I think the chances of him being prepared to up sticks and join a relegation battle here are absolutely minimal.

In the absence of something sensational like that happening, I think if we're more concerned about Premiership survival than the bank balance, we have to keep hold of RSC at least until the summer and our Premiership status is hopefully assured.

I did say I doubt we could get Bellamy but in regards to a relegation battle if we win today it puts us just a point behind City so I'm not sure that's relevant. He is being touted as a City target.

On the Diouff thing I can see where people are coming from but at £2m and in our position I'd be OK, not neccessarily happy, with him signing.

• Backroom

He was poor today but I think Onhua (not sure of the spelling) would be decent for our right back dilemma.

£10 million plus Sturridge and him for Roque would be nice.

Then a decent RW and shove Emo in centre mid and I'd be happy, the problem is where do you find a good right winger?

He was poor today but I think Onhua (not sure of the spelling) would be decent for our right back dilemma.

£10 million plus Sturridge and him for Roque would be nice.

Then a decent RW and shove Emo in centre mid and I'd be happy, the problem is where do you find a good right winger?

Onuha is no better than what we've already got . Drenthe, now you're talking.

Well we dont play in the PL for a few weeks now so hopefully we will have a few new recruits signed up by then.

Nicko do you think that Sam will conduct his business at the beginning or end of the window? I ask because in the position we are in, I would like us to sign 4 players on the 1st January but if there are no targets identified then it will be difficult (!)

Nicko do you think that Sam will conduct his business at the beginning or end of the window? I ask because in the position we are in, I would like us to sign 4 players on the 1st January but if there are no targets identified then it will be difficult (!)

I think we should know more about targets in the next few days. There are several meetings with agents etc lined up this week - and things will start to roll.

The departures side should also become more clear quickly too.

Just to clarify on Carlos...you have a deal to have him for this season...so if you want to loan him out to a Championship side they wuld have to do a deal with Rovers and NOT Audax Italiano.

Obivously if someone was buying him they coud go direct to Audax. But I don't think anyone will be buying just now.

WE NEED A YOUNG SAM TO MARSHALL THE DEFENCE AFTER THAT PANIC AND CARNAGE OF THE LAST 5 MINS

Midfield players who can last a game and know how to run down a clock would help too...

TRUE NICKO TRUE..but it needed someone to take responabilty to pick the striker up too whether it be by doing it themselves or by designation

Ooijer takes the most personal blame for BOTH goals...shocking header for the first and then losing his man for the second.

But a midfield leader woud have stopped the second goal at source.

You tell em nicko :lol:

I don't think anyone has to tell the manager...he has known that problem area for some time.

BY THE WAY...

Paul Jewell goes in the morning.

I think we should know more about targets in the next few days. There are several meetings with agents etc lined up this week - and things will start to roll.

The departures side should also become more clear quickly too.

Who do you think Sam may have in mind for buying or selling? Any genuine rumors circulating?

Ooijer takes the most personal blame for BOTH goals...shocking header for the first and then losing his man for the second.

But a midfield leader woud have stopped the second goal at source.

I don't think anyone has to tell the manager...he has known that problem area for some time.

BY THE WAY...

Paul Jewell goes in the morning.

I was told that one of the newspapers over the past few days stated Spurs were interested in Pederson - any truth in this?

Who do you think Sam may have in mind for buying or selling? Any genuine rumors circulating?

I know he is still taking names and suggestions for midfield...

The more I hear the more I think Roque will be gone - and the 'clause' issue will be revealed once and for all. It's quite a complicated one and I can't go into exact detail on the small print. But if Man City want him there is a figure that gets him.

I was told that one of the newspapers over the past few days stated Spurs were interested in Pederson - any truth in this?

I've not heard that one. However the Downing bid has hit a snag, so Spurs are still after a left winger.

I know he is still taking names and suggestions for midfield...

The more I hear the more I think Roque will be gone - and the 'clause' issue will be revealed once and for all. It's quite a complicated one and I can't go into exact detail on the small print. But if Man City want him there is a figure that gets him.

Pity he couldn't get huddlestone - though may not be Sams type of player.

i still think carlos villaneuva could become a good player for us..dont forgot it took tevez and mascherano more then 6months to settle in england..he just needs to get used to the pace-and maybe a loan move from us would do him good-buying him at a later rate could be our advantage aswell..

i dont think diouf would be as bad of a signing then fowler-i mean diouf could probably offer us something at blackburn-ie pace, can play up front and on the wing..(i wouldnt like him here)-but if sam brought him here id have to back him..

nicko..are we looking at any of sam's former players by the way-from either at his time from newcastle or bolton??

i still think carlos villaneuva could become a good player for us..dont forgot it took tevez and mascherano more then 6months to settle in england..he just needs to get used to the pace-and maybe a loan move from us would do him good-buying him at a later rate could be our advantage aswell..

i dont think diouf would be as bad of a signing then fowler-i mean diouf could probably offer us something at blackburn-ie pace, can play up front and on the wing..(i wouldnt like him here)-but if sam brought him here id have to back him..

nicko..are we looking at any of sam's former players by the way-from either at his time from newcastle or bolton??

I like Villanueva, but they seem to have written him off for the rest of the season.

Diouf would cost a fee, plus big wages...which is a huge risk and a bad way to start. As bad as Fowler signing because of the 'tone' that it sets.

Not sure where Sam is going to get players, half of the league is in trouble and not likely to help out with deals. Going to be interesting.

I would certainly ask for Sturridge in the Roque deal. ;)

I like Villanueva, but they seem to have written him off for the rest of the season.

Diouf would cost a fee, plus big wages...which is a huge risk and a bad way to start. As bad as Fowler signing because of the 'tone' that it sets.

Not sure where Sam is going to get players, half of the league is in trouble and not likely to help out with deals. Going to be interesting.

I would certainly ask for Sturridge in the Roque deal. ;)

Do you know who has put in a huge bid for Defoe?

if we sell santa cruz and get most of the money to spend-we could bring in a good 4-5 players..

mcarthy and roberts are looking good as a partnership so i dont think we would miss santa cruz that much..man city have loads of strikers maybe asking sturridge to be part of the deal could be cheeky but possible..

some guy on the messageboard claims we have made bids for diouf, davies and ricardo gardner

Do you know who has put in a huge bid for Defoe?

Aston Villa have put in the biggest bid...but O'Neill plays the field and has other options.

Harry Redknapp is trying to turn the pressure on by talking about other bids to [a] put Portsmouth on the spot and let West Ham know he has an alternative to Bellamy. He is an old fox.

if we sell santa cruz and get most of the money to spend-we could bring in a good 4-5 players..

mcarthy and roberts are looking good as a partnership so i dont think we would miss santa cruz that much..man city have loads of strikers maybe asking sturridge to be part of the deal could be cheeky but possible..

some guy on the messageboard claims we have made bids for diouf, davies and ricardo gardner

Sturridge contract at City is up for negotiation at the moment - saying that Owen has still to sign his new offer. How long will Bennie's new lease of life last, that is my main concern at the momment, but he is at least 'showing' more commitment in the last few days.

Aston Villa have put in the biggest bid...but O'Neill plays the field and has other options.

Harry Redknapp is trying to turn the pressure on by talking about other bids to [a] put Portsmouth on the spot and let West Ham know he has an alternative to Bellamy. He is an old fox.

Portsmouth may well be a club worth raiding - Crouch must be on huge wages they must have to sell him. Glen Johnson can be pretty good on his day.

West ham also if they have to sell - Upson I believe has been told can go - so there could be deals involving these two clubs, who may be forced to sell to survive!!!!!

Archived