BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's Nicko's rule....3 or more clubs and it's a story planted by agent's.

This one is probably from Man City...keen for a sale.

I'm pretty sure Onuoha's agent is Peter Harrison.

Watchers of Panorama and the fall-out of a certain programme would know that Mr Harrison and Big Sam are no longer too chummy.

I don't see Onuoha to Rovers at all.

It doesn't say that does it - or am I missing something?

"with reports suggesting a clause allows him to leave for £18m in January false, Rovers know they hold all the cards."

That's as explicit as it gets isn't it?

I know they didn't insert the words "or indeed any other sum" after "18m" but that's what he meant.

I must admit I have my doubts as to whether this is actually correct, but it is the LT merely sticking to their guns I feel after stating the same thing in the summer.

Then again several reports in the National media have indicated we've raised our asking price to 20m which would tend to go against there being any sort of clause.

The "fixed price" clause is a good thing.

The "when you leave us we'll write you a cheque for a couple of million quid" clause is (Please don't use that word again)ing ludicrous.

Who comes up with this stuff?

Well I suppose it is one way to keep a player you are desperate to hold onto.

Rovers feel £16 million is an acceptable figure to sell Roque for, insert a clause for £18 million and he pockets the rest, sounds like a mutually benefitting deal which the club has controlled.

I personally think that it is a lot of money for a player who is injury prone and has done it for one season. We could get a couple of top players for that, that is ofcourse if the trust gives Sam the money to spend.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but there's a lot of talk on SSN about Real Madrid wanting to make a £3.5 m for Pennant (bizzarely) and Liverpool not talking down the price, I remember him being linked with Rovers in the summer after Bentleys move.

Is there any chance Rovers also making a bid for him in accordance to our eternal search for a right winger, the chance of first team football instead of being a Real Madrid bench warmer (ala every other English player they've signed in the past) might be more appealing to him.

Are Ramos and Pennant absolutely crazy? Real would be mad to go for somebody who isn't even close to good enough for a club of their stature while Pennant would be crazy to pass up the opportunity. Absolutely bizare situation.

Ramos isn't mad- a head sorted out Pennant determined to make it at the world's number one glamour club could have been an interesting proposition if brought in a screwed down transfer fee and on an incentivised wage structure.

Pennant is, on the otherhand, most definitely certifiable and a disaster waiting to happen for whichever dupe or ego fancies taking him on.

The "when you leave us we'll write you a cheque for a couple of million quid" clause is (Please don't use that word again)ing ludicrous.

It is nothing short of an invitation to leave.

I dont agree with the fixed clause in the contract,you only have to remember back to bellamy when we got our fingers burned from such a clause we were forced to sell him for 6mil when after the season he had with us we could have got a lot more.It also prevents a bidding war as any club who reach the desired figure have to be allowed talk to the player.

We shouldnt be held to ransom, by anybody. I dont believe in this, fixed clause rubbish just to make a player happy,so that he can sign.

Nicko, anything in this Ben Haim rumours. Is all this being linked to City players, a coincidence or what. Something tells me, City are throwing their rejects at us, for Roque. Will we fall for that trap, or will BS tell them to, F off!

I noticed the other day that Gary Orr has been transfer listed.

Nicko, or someone, said in the summer there was some interest in him

As we are in need of a right back, could he make the step up to the Prem?

Anyone know what sort of fee he would command?

Have to admit, I have not seen the guy play.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but there's a lot of talk on SSN about Real Madrid wanting to make a £3.5 m for Pennant (bizzarely) and Liverpool not talking down the price, I remember him being linked with Rovers in the summer after Bentleys move.

Is there any chance Rovers also making a bid for him in accordance to our eternal search for a right winger, the chance of first team football instead of being a Real Madrid bench warmer (ala every other English player they've signed in the past) might be more appealing to him.

What I read was that the clubs came to an agreement, but Pennant turned down the 30k/w wages Real offered.

(edit: which jibes with Nicko saying he's looking for 60k)

He's the Bristol City guy yeh? I thought he looked pretty good last year but must admit to seeing or hearing nothing about him this season.

When is the window closing? 31st i think is on a sunday, so will it close the Monday? Just asking,as im not sure about this.

Nicko, is Pennant the only realistic right winger available right now? All im hearing,is about strikers and defenders. How Pennant can turn down Madrid,is amazing. Hardly playing at the moment, chance to join a big big team, and his greed gets the better of him AGAIN!

Bradley Orr. And we don't need a right back, we've got Bret - we need a left back to cover for Warnock (or play if we sell him), and a right winger so Emerton can go back to RB.

The fact that he's been transfer listed by Bristol City speaks volumes. We shouldn't be signing surplus players from Championship clubs.

Guest Kamy100
When is the window closing? 31st i think is on a sunday, so will it close the Monday? Just asking,as im not sure about this.

The transfer window will close at midnight on Monday 2nd February.

Ben Haim...not sure about that one having 'legs.'

Pennant...is looking for £60,000-a-week because he is coming out of contract...Real Madrid thing still possible...don't ask me why.

Orr...won't be going to Rovers...out of contract in the summer...Championship player.

Bradley Orr. And we don't need a right back, we've got Bret - we need a left back to cover for Warnock (or play if we sell him), and a right winger so Emerton can go back to RB.

The fact that he's been transfer listed by Bristol City speaks volumes. We shouldn't be signing surplus players from Championship clubs.

He's been transfer listed because he has refused to sign a new contract. He's also been dropped and frozen out of the team but I think in the right circumstances he would still be first choice.

Archived