BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

Whooooaaa there! There is a crucial difference between Diouf and Sav - one (was) a chase all day never say die have a go bite yer bum unsettle an opponent on the ball type of genteman with a clear sense of humour and some respect for the game and the other is a nasty arrogant petulant in yer face mental cripple with clear disdain for his fellow professionals...

I know which type of player I'd prefer in a Rovers shirt.... 'taint the second type, especially as we have made massive progress in recent times to lose the Northern Bully Boy ragbag kick you off the park roughhouse can't play the beautiful game thugs label so cynically etched on our reputation by the Southern media crowd.

If I was Sam, I'd certainly be looking for a player of the type that can shake up the opposition, but I would think twice about recruiting someone who was likely to set the club's reputation and standing back 5 years or so.

Ah well, que sera sera

:rover:

I rem many people were not i n favour of us signing David Speedie! And despite only being here one year could justifyably claim legend status.

But Rovers have decided against signing Carlos Villaneuva on a permanent basis. (The Sun)

I was expecting that now that SA is in charge.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A brief round-up of the 'news' just to interrupt some of the background noise.

PENNANT...wants £60,000-a-week...file under 'forget.'

BEN HAIM...why?

LUYINDULA...no longer available.

DINDANE...talking to Stoke City.

ROQUE...I think Sparky will try at the trigger price - if he survives...and that is a big 'if.' The give-away about Sam's stance was his comments on the subject yesterday and the emphasis on the fact that the right 'cash' has not been offered yet. Sounds like City would like to do swaps.

And, I agree, let's keep it Rovers-related.

Ta.

We don't.

This is actually where any clause will come in handy - City are his biggest suitors and will be able to afford it, so if anyone else wants a piece they'll need to go to City heights.

Hopefully there is a minimum price in his contract.

The way I see it, if Hughes is still in charge by the time we play Citeh:

We need to beat them so Hughes gets the sack, therefore Santa Cruz will be off their wanted list.

This game is massive in my eyes as Rovers with a fit Santa Cruz in our team, we have a miles better chance of staying up than without him.

Santa Cruz signed a new four-year deal at Ewood in the summer to silence speculation then and, with reports suggesting a clause allows him to leave for £18m in January false, Rovers know they hold all the cards.

Are the important words "in January"?

I don't like the sight of him either but we've had all this crap with Savage from some folk who lived to admit they were wrong. Trouble is I liked Sav and wanted GS to go for him when he left Leicester.

Diouff is more like another 'Ince the player' imo. I think the best way to look at it is that beggars cannot be choosers! :unsure:

Diouff is nothing like Savage, when has Savage spat at opposition players and fans? In fact when has Savage done anything wrong apart from winding up the oppositions support, no crime in that.

Speedie, Savage and Dickov are all players fans love to hate, but great when they player for your side. Diouff is just a dirty spitting scumbag, and I for one hope he never wears a Rovers shirt.

There are two clauses.

The fixed price clause, in the region of £18 million.

And Roque's percentage of the sale.

If the LT can't keep up that's their problem.

Is that percentage of sale as in Roque gets some of the transfer fee, or the usual one that Bayern Munich will get a certain amount of any transfer fee?

Any idea of the percentages, lets hope it's not as high as Benni's.

So if were interested in a left back what's the news on Warnock then, I can't see that he needs a better backup player than Olsson so either Warnock is on his way or he plans to play him in midfield, any news on this or any interest in Warnock? Who is City's left back these days, is it still that clown Garrido, uh oh!

Is that percentage of sale as in Roque gets some of the transfer fee, or the usual one that Bayern Munich will get a certain amount of any transfer fee?

Any idea of the percentages, lets hope it's not as high as Benni's.

I don't know the precise percentage but it is to Roque alone -and out of the sales figure.

He would pocket a huge sum.

No wonder he is open to the idea of a move.

But someone has to pay the transfer fee first and that would seem to be Sparky or no-one.

One good thing - if he doesn't move to Man City he is going to have to get his finger out for anyone to be willing to pay the fee...and that can only be positive news.

Just a quick question ..... were these clauses inserted when he signed the new contract?

It was all agreed when he signed his new deal in August.

It's a perfectly sensible arrangement...everyone wins.

In fact it would be a great idea if every player had a specific figure and then we could forget some of the daft sums being mentioned just now.

Bellamy - £12 million plus? Valencia - £15 million plus? Upson - £10 million.

But someone has to pay the transfer fee first and that would seem to be Sparky or no-one.

One good thing - if he doesn't move to Man City he is going to have to get his finger out for anyone to be willing to pay the fee...and that can only be positive news.

I think that's definitely true, he hasn't been playing well enough this season for another club to take a big gamble on him paying £15-£20 million, if Sparky goes like he could well do around the christmas period with the transfer window approaching then it could be the end of any interest.

Would Villa be interested at all though, they always seem to be sniffing around strikers at the moment and could afford him if they decided they wanted him that bad. Well I assume they could afford him with Lerner about. O'Neill may be against paying that much for him though.

Having release fees for players would be a good idea in theory, Bellamy for £12 million is crazy, no more than £5 million at most in my opinion. However don't they have this in Spain already and just give the players release fees of £80 million etc which makes it a pointless exercise really.

There are two clauses.

The fixed price clause, in the region of £18 million.

If the LT can't keep up that's their problem.

AAAARGH. You journalists with your good cop, bad cop routine.

You build up my hopes and dash them with the stroke of a pen

Nothing else for it, point at Sunderland, then beat City. RSC stays, Sparky sacked, and we make Europe.

C'mon, its xmas, let me dream....

Archived