BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

Diouf doesn't score goals, isn't much of a winger either and was so much use to Bolton towards the end that the players had to gang up on him to tell him to sort himself out while the manager had to leave him out of away games.

Apart from that...he would be ideal.

Thank god you're here Nicko.. All this talk of Diouf as a possible signing was in danger of ruining the kids xmas.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicko, one of my dingle 'friends' told me that he'd heard that Eagles has a clause in his contract that would let him talk to PL teams if they reached a certain valuation. Thought I'd ask cause he could be an useful addition to our team and it would stop the dingle going on about him all the time!!

You said that already ;)

I totally disagree with the suggestion that Sam will use a 4-5-1 formation.

if anything Saturday shows us a 4-4-2 or a refined 4-3-3 formation with the players he has.

He used 4-5-1 at Boltonbecause he had limited player skills at Rovers the skill factor is far better than he has ever had.

as for spit the diouf ? Never ever do we want him in our shirt, the urchin is simply a disgrace to human life.

Nicko, one of my dingle 'friends' told me that he'd heard that Eagles has a clause in his contract that would let him talk to PL teams if they reached a certain valuation. Thought I'd ask cause he could be an useful addition to our team and it would stop the dingle going on about him all the time!!

That's news to the manager...don't think so.

Obviously if a bid comes in then it's a different matter.

And he is already at a PL team [in waiting]. :lol:

I totally disagree with the suggestion that Sam will use a 4-5-1 formation.

if anything Saturday shows us a 4-4-2 or a refined 4-3-3 formation with the players he has.

He used 4-5-1 at Boltonbecause he had limited player skills at Rovers the skill factor is far better than he has ever had.

as for spit the diouf ? Never ever do we want him in our shirt, the urchin is simply a disgrace to human life.

I wouldn't get too carried away. He did not play 451/433 on Saturday but I can certainly see him looking at those options in the future. We are clearly a better footballing side than Stoke, but if we play better oppostion Sam may favour the "percentage" style that his Bolton style afforded. I wouldn't mind that sort of flexibility. At Newcastle he had better attacking players than we currently do and he went in that direction. (you could actuallyy argue that was the case at Bolton too once they signed Anelka - Anelka, Diouf, Nolan, Stelios, Vaz Te and Davies compares favourably to Cruz, Roberts, McCarthy, Derbyshire, Dunn and Pedersen).

Sam looking for a left back is interesting. Means one of three things imo:

1) He reckons Warnock is off

2) He wants to use Warnock in midfield

3) He does not rate Olsson and he wants better back up for Warnock

It really is madness,that we even thinking of getting rid, of Santa Cruz. Strikers, are the least of our worries right now. Its that little part of the field,on the right side where we are lacking. Cruz,and Benni were sublime when the crosses were coming into them, and we still had Bert being solid at Right back. Warnock, is okay and Olssen is decent, so left back should not be looked at. My main concern are the 2 flanks, and looking at another left winger,as Gamst doesnt inspire me and Treacy,is still trying to prove himself. So i can see the logic in trying or enquiring about McGeady. Nicko, how can you say there are not much options available,for that right wing slot. There are so many players in the world,who might be good enough,who have not been spotted yet. South America and Africa there are plenty, but i know work permit blah blah blah

Nicko, how can you say there are not much options available,for that right wing slot. There are so many players in the world,who might be good enough,who have not been spotted yet. South America and Africa there are plenty, but i know work permit blah blah blah

It's the January window...Rovers are in a relegation fight...good players/right wingers who would be willing to come are hard to find.

I know there are checks being made on a right back, a left back and a midfield sitter...the striker would depend on Roque...and they would love a right winger but they are in short supply.

Isn't Nicky Butt out of contract in the Summer? Any chance?

and robbie savage isn't?

Savage may be an irking muvva BUT#

Spit the Diouf should have been banned for life.

Spits at fans

Spits at players

That my Salford trotter friend epitomises the kind of humna being is NOT, he is scum at best and should have been punched out of sight by the player he gobbed at.

I don't think we should be taking Butt as a makeweight in any deal, his value without a new contract is minimal.

I'd give Newcastle £500k (undisclosed) for him, and they can't have Warnock. At all.

Archived