BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

Its scottys ex who took all his money when he left him. At least that is what you would think with the way Scotty really gets upset with the name 'Nicko' :lol:

It wasn't just that Nicko left him, it was who he left him for. The Burnley Manager. Talk about low.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it make sense to have a stickied & closed topic where nicko can post his updates, without having all the garble that comes before and after? And if they want to ask him about anything else, they can do so in a relevant topic (Other Premier League Happenings, Well Done Roque! etc etc).

There really wasn't that much wrong with the previous thread.

What one? I've lost track.

The forum had some sense of normality when it died down, and we lost a lot of the angry teenagers who got a stick up their ass everytime someone so much as questioned nicko.

What one? I've lost track.

The forum had some sense of normality when it died down, and we lost a lot of the angry teenagers who got a stick up their ass everytime someone so much as questioned nicko.

I wouldn't say it had some sense of normality when it died down - once nicko's thread was shut down it basically turned into a pro-Ince vs anti-Ince forum as the season went on. Maybe it would have been different if we didn't have such an incompetent manager and we were occupying a safe mid-table position, who knows, but the forum certainly hasn't been at a state of normality these last few months.

And anyway it shut down at the end of the transfer window - nicko doesn't really have a great deal to report outside of the transfer windows. But with the volume of discussion, stuff that comes out etc it's still best to have it in one thread IMO.

Can everybody please stop all this nonsense above now!

Nicko, any thoughts on Nolan and Bullard? Is it a case of just journalist linking, Sam with his ex players, or are there anything in it? Cant see us going for both IF we are indeed linked to both.

Can everybody please stop all this nonsense above now!

Nicko, any thoughts on Nolan and Bullard? Is it a case of just journalist linking, Sam with his ex players, or are there anything in it? Cant see us going for both IF we are indeed linked to both.

Bolton won't sell Nolan...they don't need the dough and he has two-and-half years on his contract.

Bullard wants £65,000-a-week which is way too much for a player who would probably fail a medical.

65k? Jeez, no wonder contract talks are stalling with Fulham. I see El Hadj Diouf now linked, hmm seems Sam is doing a Hughes. Just that its not Welsh players,but Bolton and ex Bolton players being linked.

I wouldn't say it had some sense of normality when it died down - once nicko's thread was shut down it basically turned into a pro-Ince vs anti-Ince forum as the season went on. Maybe it would have been different if we didn't have such an incompetent manager and we were occupying a safe mid-table position, who knows, but the forum certainly hasn't been at a state of normality these last few months.

Being split over footballing matters is different than people arguing over journalism and conjecture.

65k? Jeez, no wonder contract talks are stalling with Fulham. I see El Hadj Diouf now linked, hmm seems Sam is doing a Hughes. Just that its not Welsh players,but Bolton and ex Bolton players being linked.

Diouf, a non-scoring forward...exactly what you need. <_<

Nicko are the rumours of a move for diouf true?Have you any more updates on warnock are newcastle and spurs still sniffing around?

I find Diouf hard to believe.

On Warnock...Spurs are trying to move out Bale to Middlesbrough as part of the Downing deal, so that frees up a space for a genuine left back at White Hart Lane. But that will come down to valuations.

Newcastle are as low on funds now as they were in the last window, so a suitable straight-cash offer from them would be unlikely.

On Warnock...Spurs are trying to move out Bale to Middlesbrough as part of the Downing deal, so that frees up a space for a genuine left back at White Hart Lane. But that will come down to valuations.

Newcastle are as low on funds now as they were in the last window, so a suitable straight-cash offer from them would be unlikely.

I see charles nzogbia is touting himself for a move i seem to remember him being linked with arsenal a while back?Do you expect a lot of outgoings from west ham this window nicko,if they lose a couple of key men might be worth sticking a few quid on them to go down.

I see charles nzogbia is touting himself for a move i seem to remember him being linked with arsenal a while back?Do you expect a lot of outgoings from west ham this window nicko,if they lose a couple of key men might be worth sticking a few quid on them to go down.

West Ham will sell a couple of big earners but bring in cheaper replacements...there are so many clubs at the bottom that they might just get away with it.

N'Zogbia is nothing special, by the way.

I wonder if the timing of this 'signing' is significant?

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...4687634,00.html

Why's that?

Allardyce will obviously move to a 4-5-1/4-3-3 when he stamps his way of playing on the team, and Diouf is the kind of player we need for the right side of that formation, Emerton doesn't provide enough of a goal threat to play out there. Plus I've got a suspicion Allardyce might fancy Emerton for a box-to-box central midfield role in that system.

Why's that?

Allardyce will obviously move to a 4-5-1/4-3-3 when he stamps his way of playing on the team, and Diouf is the kind of player we need for the right side of that formation, Emerton doesn't provide enough of a goal threat to play out there. Plus I've got a suspicion Allardyce might fancy Emerton for a box-to-box central midfield role in that system.

Diouf doesn't score goals, isn't much of a winger either and was so much use to Bolton towards the end that the players had to gang up on him to tell him to sort himself out while the manager had to leave him out of away games.

Apart from that...he would be ideal.

Diouf's Premier League goal return in 2008...1...v Sunderland [when he was trying].

Diouf's Premier League goals total since coming to England in 2002...24 in 152 starts.

First player Megson sold in the window...Diouf.

Chances of Megson signing him in the next window...0.

Diouf doesn't score goals, isn't much of a winger either and was so much use to Bolton towards the end that the players had to gang up on him to tell him to sort himself out while the manager had to leave him out of away games.

Apart from that...he would be ideal.

You mean you have a 'mate' ..... if you don't like the thread Scotty, just don't read it although I suspect that you can't keep away from it like the rest of us :rover:

Nicko, one of my dingle 'friends' told me that he'd heard that Eagles has a clause in his contract that would let him talk to PL teams if they reached a certain valuation. Thought I'd ask cause he could be an useful addition to our team and it would stop the dingle going on about him all the time!!

nicko, are you aware if the priority is a right winger or not? Any idea whether Sam's looking at the local or international market?

And any players likely to be sold by Sam?

I know there are checks being made on a right back, a left back and a midfield sitter...the striker would depend on Roque...and they would love a right winger but they are in short supply.

Archived