BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

I totally disagree with the suggestion that Sam will use a 4-5-1 formation.

if anything Saturday shows us a 4-4-2 or a refined 4-3-3 formation with the players he has.

He used 4-5-1 at Boltonbecause he had limited player skills at Rovers the skill factor is far better than he has ever had.

as for spit the diouf ? Never ever do we want him in our shirt, the urchin is simply a disgrace to human life.

Yep he is right up there with Hitler.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must admit to actually liking Sam after his press conference, I think the clubs in good hands, but if he signs that **** Diouf I'll not be going.

:angry2:

Diouf is up there with the players I dislike the most character-wise, however whenever we played Bolton he always seemed like the danger man because he has pace.

Its the type of player we lack in midfield/attack, but if nicko is true about him going off the rails with Big sam at bolton then it seems unlikely.

Diouf is up there with the players I dislike the most character-wise, however whenever we played Bolton he always seemed like the danger man because he has pace.

Its the type of player we lack in midfield/attack, but if nicko is true about him going off the rails with Big sam at bolton then it seems unlikely.

The problems were under Megson.

nicko is steve finnan a likely target for sam and is he likely to pursue any of the players that we had on trial throughout the season?Do you expect glen johnson and jermaine defoe to still be at fratton park at the end of the window?Is there any truth in liverpools interest in johnson?

Nicko, not Rovers related but any idea on Sergio Aguero or David Villa to Barcelona? And if they are looking at one or both, then will Henry and Gudjhonssen(spelling) leave?

On Rovers, do you know If Sam will be looking at a centre half,or is he happy with what we have?

Thanks

nicko is steve finnan a likely target for sam and is he likely to pursue any of the players that we had on trial throughout the season?Do you expect glen johnson and jermaine defoe to still be at fratton park at the end of the window?Is there any truth in liverpools interest in johnson?

Finnan is being hawked around - in an ideal world you would ignore him because of his age, but if you can't find anything better...maybe.

I don't think any of the trialists did enough to demand to be signed, the Egyptians, the Norwegian centre half and a few others. I would think the Liverpool kids and the Macclesfield striker will have to look elsewhere too.

Portsmouth will sell Defoe.

Liverpool are skint and will have to sell first.

Nicko, not Rovers related but any idea on Sergio Aguero or David Villa to Barcelona? And if they are looking at one or both, then will Henry and Gudjhonssen(spelling) leave?

On Rovers, do you know If Sam will be looking at a centre half,or is he happy with what we have?

Thanks

I've not heard of any centre halves being mentioned...yet.

Barca are supposed to have bid £35 million for Villa. But Valencia quoted £120 million to Man City a week ago.

Atletico can't sell Aguero while they are in the Champions League chasing a top-four finish in Spain. Some player.

nicko can you tell me sams favorate pie and what he likes more chicken or beef? or beer or wine.

Steak and ale.

And ale.

;)

I've not heard of any centre halves being mentioned...yet.

Barca are supposed to have bid £35 million for Villa. But Valencia quoted £120 million to Man City a week ago.

Atletico can't sell Aguero while they are in the Champions League chasing a top-four finish in Spain. Some player.

Steak and ale.

And ale.

;)

cheers hahaha

I'm guessing you won't give us any names on Sam's targets just yet, but I've a few non-Rovers questions if no one minds..

Chance of Citeh landing the named targets today? Roque, Bellamy, Toure, Bridge, Senna I think is the list. Given that Roque will cost £18m+, Bellamy somewhere between £7m and £12m depending on which paper you read, Toure is touted at £10m and I'd imagine it'll take a lot for Wayne Bridge to move, how does this add up to the £40m Hughes supposedly has? Unless he's planning on actually charging someone to take Jo, Elano and Ben Haim off his hands..

One last thing, what's going on at Blackpool? Natives are decidedly restless over Larry going, any unreported snippets I can trot out at work will go down a treat ;)

I can see this thread,turning into a mess again. Just because you ask Nixon a question you are labled a nickoteen. I agree with Daniel,if Allan doesnt want to answer,he doesnt have to. Certain People are just trying to wind up others,because they have nothing better to do. I have no issues with Nicko, i dont believe he knows everything, sometimes he us right, and other times he gets it wrong. He is human after all, but people expect him to know everything. Not trying to defend anybody here,but why is it such a problem when somebody,politely asks him a question. Im sure Nicko,could be doing some gardening or feeding the birds, instead he is on here, reading people being petty.

I can see this thread,turning into a mess again. Just because you ask Nixon a question you are labled a nickoteen. I agree with Daniel,if Allan doesnt want to answer,he doesnt have to. Certain People are just trying to wind up others,because they have nothing better to do. I have no issues with Nicko, i dont believe he knows everything, sometimes he us right, and other times he gets it wrong. He is human after all, but people expect him to know everything. Not trying to defend anybody here,but why is it such a problem when somebody,politely asks him a question. Im sure Nicko,could be doing some gardening or feeding the birds, instead he is on here, reading people being petty.
Totally agree with you mate

Glad to have you back Mr Nixon.

My take on this thread is that it's fine as long as everybody remains sensible. Relevant questions that haven't been asked already are fine. Asking the same question 50 times, begging for updates, counting down to updates and bitching about the amount of noise only make the situation worse. As much as most of us will get some time off over Xmas not everyone has the time to read through 15 pages every day.

So like the mods say, deploy common sense and if your post isn't contributing anything to what we're all trying to do (i.e. read Q&A / info from Nicko) then keep schtum.

Anyway back on track and apologies if I missed it, any take on the Santa Cruz malarky Nicko? How likely is it Citeh will come back in or have they bigger fish to fry?

Archived