BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko, what happens if there is a huge development on Christmas day? Do the newspapers leave it,until the next day or how does it work. Im sure they dont want to report on a day old story,which has been covered by radio and television as breaking news.

Nicko, what happens if there is a huge development on Christmas day? Do the newspapers leave it,until the next day or how does it work. Im sure they dont want to report on a day old story,which has been covered by radio and television as breaking news.

There have been a couple of things going on over the past two days - there wasn't a paper today to report it.

The Bellamy chase is getting warmer, the Pennant race stranger.

And I've got a wee belter about Wigan that will come out in the morning.

Cheers... :lol:

There have been a couple of things going on over the past two days - there wasn't a paper today to report it.

The Bellamy chase is getting warmer, the Pennant race stranger.

And I've got a wee belter about Wigan that will come out in the morning.

Cheers... :lol:

Bellamy back to Rovers??? No thanks!

Diarra? Pennant? Valencia and now RSC? I guess ' that mob' Madrid must fallen on hard times or more likely the £:euro is making our lot look cheap. But I cannot imagine that the residents in Madrid are throwing street parties about those propects joining their club. Good players without a doubt but I think it's fair to say that none of em would get into the first team at OT.

........ Exactly.

I can't remember where I read it but weren't all the Man Utd players extremely impressed by RSC and were asking Danny Simpson all about him? Any player who impresses the Champions of England, Europe and the World must have a chance of getting into their first team.

"with reports suggesting a clause allows him to leave for £18m in January false, Rovers know they hold all the cards."

That's as explicit as it gets isn't it?

I know they didn't insert the words "or indeed any other sum" after "18m" but that's what he meant.

In some ways, if he's going to leave, we would be better with a clause. Otherwise the bidding would start much lower.

Except the rumours of the clause have lead to the initial quoted price being around the 18 million mark. If clubs know that there is a clause then they will obviously bid below that at first, knowing that they can't be worked higher than the clause.

• Backroom
Except the rumours of the clause have lead to the initial quoted price being around the 18 million mark. If clubs know that there is a clause then they will obviously bid below that at first, knowing that they can't be worked higher than the clause.

They can if there's more than one club bidding :blink:

Archived