BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

VILLANUEVA...can go on loan but his Rovers career isn't necessarily over...Rovers still have him for the rest of the season but Big Sam doesn't plan to use him...so Rovers plan to loan him out...however he could go somewhere and impress and still join at a later date.

BENTLEY...West Ham want up to £15 million...and his wages are huge.

PENNANT...wants £60,000-a-week...no thanks.

ROQUE...could do with Man City giving Hughes the money...becoming tedious.

ZAKI...got fined max amount for coming back late from Egypt...then came in late again for training the next day and was 'left out' of the team for the Newcastle game when those who bothered turning up went through their moves...Brucie then opted to pick him...good management or gone soft?...you decide.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The downside of selling a player to a rival such as City or Spurs is that they are likely to gain a significant advantage over us in terms of the relegation run in.

Having said that however, I agree with your assertion that it's probably better to get rid.

You're probably seeing the same parallells with the Sutton situation during the 1999 relegation season. A talented target man whose heart really wasn't in it and didn't even attend our last home game v Man U due to yet another 'injury'.

It's sad but :( Spurs (managerially) and Citeh (Financially) are light years ahead of us and we just aren't competing with them any more. :(

VILLANUEVA...can go on loan but his Rovers career isn't necessarily over...Rovers still have him for the rest of the season but Big Sam doesn't plan to use him...so Rovers plan to loan him out...however he could go somewhere and impress and still join at a later date.

BENTLEY...West Ham want up to £15 million...and his wages are huge.

PENNANT...wants £60,000-a-week...no thanks.

ROQUE...could do with Man City giving Hughes the money...becoming tedious.

ZAKI...got fined max amount for coming back late from Egypt...then came in late again for training the next day and was 'left out' of the team for the Newcastle game when those who bothered turning up went through their moves...Brucie then opted to pick him...good management or gone soft?...you decide.

I presume this is Bellamy? Or is Bentley on his way from Spurs?

I dont agree with that Nicko. Yes Diouf doesnt score enough, yes he is a plank, but he is a tricky player who will provide alot of action and energy up front. I dont like him and i think we could do better,but if Roque stays an Diouf arrives,then we will be strong up front. My main concern is still a right winger, creative midfielder and a right back, perhaps even a left winger as well.

BRFC posts only please

Thanks

Isgak

I dont agree with that Nicko. Yes Diouf doesnt score enough, yes he is a plank, but he is a tricky player who will provide alot of action and energy up front. I dont like him and i think we could do better,but if Roque stays an Diouf arrives,then we will be strong up front. My main concern is still a right winger, creative midfielder and a right back, perhaps even a left winger as well.

Nicko can you give me an update on the South African Kagiso Dicgacoi joining Fulham,as i know he had work permit problems

Thanks

Isgak

But Derbyshire does that already and is pretty ineffective. Doesn't create and doesn't score but runs around a lot (Derbs score more actually). We do need a bit of class in midfield though.

If that's right it is a worse signing than Fowler...which is some achievement.

That statement is miles out. Yes Diouf isn't the best player but at least he still has something to offer, Fowler had very little and only showed his ability against lower league teams.

If that's right it is a worse signing than Fowler...which is some achievement.

Don't agree at all. Fowler was quite simply pants. Although i'm sure he still had a good footballing brain, his energy levels were dire to say the least. I'm not the biggest fan of Diouf simply because he is a 'spitter' which is disgusting but I wouldn't hold this against him as a footballer.

He has energy and skill and would add to the fiery nature of the squad. If we were to sign him, I see this very much as a Savage type signing but we'd be getting a player with more skill.

Don't agree at all. Fowler was quite simply pants. Although i'm sure he still had a good footballing brain, his energy levels were dire to say the least. I'm not the biggest fan of Diouf simply because he is a 'spitter' which is disgusting but I wouldn't hold this against him as a footballer.

He has energy and skill and would add to the fiery nature of the squad. If we were to sign him, I see this very much as a Savage type signing but we'd be getting a player with more skill.

It's disgusting but all players seem to spit today. Where would you play him though?

I would take Diouff in a heartbeat. I think we've got to take the situation we find ourselves in, into account here.

Being in real danger of relegation means we can't attract top quality to Ewood this season, - not permanently anyway. Diouff does have qualities that we desperately need. He holds the ball up and gives the team posession in midfield [something that only Tugay can do for us], he has pace, he causes opposition problems. He can play right hand midfield. For only £2m, there's even a sell on there. He doesn't score goals as Nicko says, but he's not a striker is he?

He would be a good acquisition IMO.

It's disgusting but all players seem to spit today. Where would you play him though?

I think his flexibility would allow him to play wide left, wide right, off the striker or as a striker. If we can get him for two million on decent wages for us then he would be a good option.

I would play him on the right at the moment simply because of his energy and skill.

On a side note, it really is very quiet regarding players coming in, especially in the new managers first window where he would be expected to bring his own players in?

I would take Diouff in a heartbeat. I think we've got to take the situation we find ourselves in, into account here.

Being in real danger of relegation means we can't attract top quality to Ewood this season, - not permanently anyway. Diouff does have qualities that we desperately need. He holds the ball up and gives the team posession in midfield [something that only Tugay can do for us], he has pace, he causes opposition problems. He can play right hand midfield. For only £2m, there's even a sell on there. He doesn't score goals as Nicko says, but he's not a striker is he?

He would be a good acquisition IMO.

Can't say I've seen the Tugay in him Den!

It will be interesting to see whether there is the same amount of stick dished out for Big Sam and his player as there was for Mr. Ince and Keith Andrews.

If Allerdyce gets him to perform then £2 mill could be a bargain, if the player is not bothered then Nicko could be right about the quality of signing.

It will be interesting to see whether there is the same amount of stick dished out for Big Sam and his player as there was for Mr. Ince and Keith Andrews.

If Allerdyce gets him to perform then £2 mill could be a bargain, if the player is not bothered then Nicko could be right about the quality of signing.

No there probably won't be, since Diouf has played at a World Cup and regularly appeared in the Premier League. Bit of a no-brainer really.

No there probably won't be, since Diouf has played at a World Cup and regularly appeared in the Premier League. Bit of a no-brainer really.

But if we get the lazy lay about player that has been reported to be at Liverpool then will Allerdyce be vilified like Ince was for buying a player he thought could do a job.

I accept that he could be good signing as stated by the second paragraph

Agreed with that. Diouf has a much greater pedigree than Andrews and has years of premiership experience. Absolute no-brainer for me as well.

Archived