BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

Was that the story about Zaki coming back late from a break in Egypt? The one where you said he'd been fined two weeks wages and dropped for today's game? Because I couldn't help noticing he started for Wigan today.

Scotty,you just can't help yourself can you.No-one likes a smart a**e you know.

For the umpteenth time..if you don't like My Nicko's thread,go and play somewhere else.

:blink:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a hunch by the way but the LT said no clause exists in January. Perhaps the clause has a time stipulated like Bellamy's did?- if only Cisse had waited another week to have broken his leg, Bellamy's clause would have lapsed!

No it wouldn't because listening to Bellamy on the radio a while back, he said that another bid was in at the same time as the Liverpool bid. The other bidderwas Spurs and he would more than likely have moved there.

Well for the sake of clarity (and you can believe it or not), but Nicko said £18m release clause and Santa gets £2.5m.

I do not know whether that adds up to a £20.5m release clause but a lot of papers have been talking about £20m for Santa.

Citeh have just lost out to Real on Diarra. If Real are for real on Santa, I wonder if City will do what they did with Berb in the summer and decisively bid above the competing offer (remember City had £35m accepted by Spuds before Fergie met his man at Ringway and City settled for paying £32m for Robinho- didums- whilst Spuds cried over Berb and got £30.5m from the Mancs)?

Anyway Real Madrid coming in for RSC is one of the very few circumstances that I could see the price getting bid up above the clause number- whatever it is and if it exists.

Just a hunch by the way but the LT said no clause exists in January. Perhaps the clause has a time stipulated like Bellamy's did?- if only Cisse had waited another week to have broken his leg, Bellamy's clause would have lapsed!

I wonder if Spurs will consider a bid for RSC? They got 30M for Berbatov and were too late to sign a replacement striker. 'Arry says he needs someone to score regularly, makes sense to me.

I wonder if Spurs will consider a bid for RSC? They got 30M for Berbatov and were too late to sign a replacement striker. 'Arry says he needs someone to score regularly, makes sense to me.

With cash burning in his pocket, 'Arry the media darling, won't be able to resist bidding for anybody for a few column inches. Don't rule it out

Was that the story about Zaki coming back late from a break in Egypt? The one where you said he'd been fined two weeks wages and dropped for today's game? Because I couldn't help noticing he started for Wigan today.

Scotty,you just can't help yourself can you.No-one likes a smart a**e you know.

For the umpteenth time..if you don't like My Nicko's thread,go and play somewhere else.

:blink:

Ahhh. Bless.

It's very noble of you to defend nicko yeti-dog, but just don't forget the dog's grief that nicko gives others on here who report something which turns out to be inaccurate or better still contradictory to his own scribblings.... and especially his fellow 'gentlemen' of the press. Nicko's posts are usually a good read which promote much comment on here whether he cocks up or not, but he has the hide of a rhino and is easily big enough to fight his own battles.

He originally signed a four year deal..

Hence, giving him more money was a waste of time, and was done for no other reason than to raise fan moral, and perhaps this will cost us quite alot of money in the long run, especially if the clause has been added.

OK fair play thought he signed a three year deal, I'll check in future. It does change the picture some-what.

We don't know what goes on, for all we know he was signed on the understanding we would review after one season and reward accordingly. Did he not take a pay cut to join us?

He hasn't done anything to justify it so far, but we've had such mixed messages as to why from player and club its hard to put your finger on it. I'm waiting to see if he plays against City and how he does if he plays.

Its is no good getting your knick knacks in a twist over the future of RSC.

If someone offers £20m then its plain and simple, take the bid and move the player on.

That amount of money to Rovers will allow for at least 4 quality signings including a centre forward.

The downside would be what exactly ? He has not played well this season, he has not scored a bag full of goals and he is not our leading scorer.

If he is still at Ewood come February then great as long as he is fit.

I cannot be bothered to even go into contemplation about what if this and what if that, the plain fact of the matter is he will bring a massive cash influx to Ewood when he is sold, there is no doubt about it. If the bar is raised by a bidding war, then who really gives a flying flook about it ? Be it City, Arsenal or Real Madrid, Rovers will get a wad of cash that will regenerate within the squad. That can only be good for Rovers.

I dont think in January we are gong to see wholseale changes in the playing staff, we will definately add a central midfielder, be it a signing or a loanee and that person will be of the required quality to go straight into the team. I also think we wills ee a right winger coming in, again be it loanee or signing.

As for outs ? Well, I dont foresee many outgoings. I see RSC going to the highest bidder and maybe Ooijer leaving for a Dutch team for a small fee.

With the ridding of Ince and co, Fowler and the decision made on Carlos, Rovers have cut their cloth and will now have a clear picture on how to improve our team.

Sam has taken charge and has a vision for Rovers. Once survival is attained then progress will be the next step.

If someone offers £20m then its plain and simple, take the bid and move the player on.

That amount of money to Rovers will allow for at least 4 quality signings including a centre forward.

The downside would be what exactly ? He has not played well this season, he has not scored a bag full of goals and he is not our leading scorer.

I cannot be bothered to even go into contemplation about what if this and what if that, the plain fact of the matter is he will bring a massive cash influx to Ewood when he is sold, there is no doubt about it. If the bar is raised by a bidding war, then who really gives a flying flook about it ? Be it City, Arsenal or Real Madrid, Rovers will get a wad of cash that will regenerate within the squad. That can only be good for Rovers.

The downside of selling a player to a rival such as City or Spurs is that they are likely to gain a significant advantage over us in terms of the relegation run in.

Having said that however, I agree with your assertion that it's probably better to get rid.

You're probably seeing the same parallells with the Sutton situation during the 1999 relegation season. A talented target man whose heart really wasn't in it and didn't even attend our last home game v Man U due to yet another 'injury'.

No they aren't. They are likely to have spent big money on a player one season too late. We have seen the best of Santa Cruz. From now on his career will be what it was for every season before: injury ravaged and not quite good enough.

I thought we should have sold him this summer, if a big bid comes in during this window then it is a no-brainer.

No they aren't. They are likely to have spent big money on a player one season too late. We have seen the best of Santa Cruz. From now on his career will be what it was for every season before: injury ravaged and not quite good enough.

How do you know that Eddie? I suggest you don't know it.

for me its dowm to who can big sam get in and owec much will other clubs pay for RSC. If Sam know the players that he wants and he thinks he can ghet them, and all of it goes on the playing side, them sell.

Correct me if I'm wrong but how can there be a bidding war if he has a 20 mill (or thereabouts) release clause ??

Isn't just down to who gives him the best deal ?? No one's going to offer a penny more than the release clause, if it does exist.

Ooh get you, whats next for you Scotty, a guest spot on Loose Women :lol:

I dont think in January we are gong to see wholseale changes in the playing staff, we will definately add a central midfielder, be it a signing or a loanee and that person will be of the required quality to go straight into the team. I also think we wills ee a right winger coming in, again be it loanee or signing.

As for outs ? Well, I dont foresee many outgoings. I see RSC going to the highest bidder and maybe Ooijer leaving for a Dutch team for a small fee.

With the ridding of Ince and co, Fowler and the decision made on Carlos, Rovers have cut their cloth and will now have a clear picture on how to improve our team.

Sam has taken charge and has a vision for Rovers. Once survival is attained then progress will be the next step.

A very good post and to those worrying selling RSC to City, or anyone else in the relegation zone i.e up to 7th, look at this. I'd love Roque to stay and score goals, sadly he looks out of sorts and we don't have a Bentley to set up the goals. I suppose City do have the players to set him up so that is a risk but £20m will do us a lot of good elsewhere. If RSC leaves and Bellamy were to arrive I'd feel VERY positive about our attacking options. I doubt we can get Bellamy but with our team he would be a far better option up front than Santa Cruz.

I thought we should have sold him this summer, if a big bid comes in during this window then it is a no-brainer.

We should have sold Benni for an inflated fee in the summer to Sunderland. There was nothing last sumer to indicate that Santa Cruz would not simply continue his good form of the previous season.

A very good post and to those worrying selling RSC to City, or anyone else in the relegation zone i.e up to 7th, look at this. I'd love Roque to stay and score goals, sadly he looks out of sorts and we don't have a Bentley to set up the goals. I suppose City do have the players to set him up so that is a risk but £20m will do us a lot of good elsewhere. If RSC leaves and Bellamy were to arrive I'd feel VERY positive about our attacking options. I doubt we can get Bellamy but with our team he would be a far better option up front than Santa Cruz.

If Bellamy couldn't be persuaded to stay at Ewood Park last time, I think the chances of him being prepared to up sticks and join a relegation battle here are absolutely minimal.

In the absence of something sensational like that happening, I think if we're more concerned about Premiership survival than the bank balance, we have to keep hold of RSC at least until the summer and our Premiership status is hopefully assured.

If Bellamy couldn't be persuaded to stay at Ewood Park last time, I think the chances of him being prepared to up sticks and join a relegation battle here are absolutely minimal.

In the absence of something sensational like that happening, I think if we're more concerned about Premiership survival than the bank balance, we have to keep hold of RSC at least until the summer and our Premiership status is hopefully assured.

Depends if we have fully focused RSC. We saw what happened with Benni last year!

Archived