BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wohoo Its Sunderland Again (preview)

Flopsy

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup we should get to the quarters and then after that who knows?

Even if we lost in the final it's likely we'll make Europe which would be a huge boost.

Not sure if the ruling comes into force this year or next but I'm sure the FA cup runners up will not qualify for Europe when the winners already had. The cup place would go to the next placed team in the league.

No runners-up place from the FA Cup from this year on in the new fangled Europa Cup.

Villanueva got 120 minutes against Premier League opposition and pinged in the free kick from which Benni scored the winner. It also sounds like Keith Treacy was good for most of the 120 minutes as well whilst Givet got Man of the Match. However, it seems that Simpson had some dodgy moments.

That is all very good news plus Zura having a good night albeit not scoring from any of his three chances.

So not only do we make it six knock outs out of six times we have drawn Sunderland in the FA Cup over the past 120 years but it looks like Sam has some better options amongst his squad than we feared he had when poor old Brett limped off at Boro.

• Backroom

Jusy got back, dull game for the most part but a great win with some standout perfromances.

The Good

Carlos i thought was superb, looked our best threat all night and his set pieces in general were top notch. He could be an asset to us, shame he looks like he's running up hill all the time, also note he isn't bad tackling either.

Givet looked class, solid as a rock for the most part.

Mokoena tonight proved he is a valueable squad man, other than his goal he looked solid and barely put a foot wrong, more than capable of doing a job, especially in a 5 man midefield.

The bad

Treacey is just awful, he truly is shocking he has no redeming qualities sadly.

Roque seemed uninterested

Zura should get a raise. What a brilliant professional he must be, performing every time he get's the chance - and never complaining when he doesn't.

Happy to see us win again, and always good to come from behind to win in the last minute. Not worried about Roque, he's still a very good player - and if he's not interested, it's really just as much his loss as ours. I also think we're reading a bit too much into his game at the moment, looking for flaws and patches of nonchalant behavior. He's never been Paul Dickov or Craig Bellamy. Give him a chance to reclaim the trust, a trust he really never deserved to lose when you think about it.

Zura should get a raise. What a brilliant professional he must be, performing every time he get's the chance - and never complaining when he doesn't.

Happy to see us win again, and always good to come from behind to win in the last minute. Not worried about Roque, he's still a very good player - and if he's not interested, it's really just as much his loss as ours. I also think we're reading a bit too much into his game at the moment, looking for flaws and patches of nonchalant behavior. He's never been Paul Dickov or Craig Bellamy. Give him a chance to reclaim the trust, a trust he really never deserved to lose when you think about it.

Couldn't agree more! He is a true professional!

I would agree with you if last season was his first season in professional football, but it wasn't. He was described by Bayern fans as lazy. I just really hope he doesn't screw us over.

Enough of that though, who cares anyway if we keep on doing well. Great result. I don't expect us to get beat by Coventry under Sam either.

Jusy got back, dull game for the most part but a great win with some standout perfromances.

The Good

Carlos i thought was superb, looked our best threat all night and his set pieces in general were top notch. He could be an asset to us, shame he looks like he's running up hill all the time, also note he isn't bad tackling either.

Givet looked class, solid as a rock for the most part.

Mokoena tonight proved he is a valueable squad man, other than his goal he looked solid and barely put a foot wrong, more than capable of doing a job, especially in a 5 man midefield.

The bad

Treacey is just awful, he truly is shocking he has no redeming qualities sadly.

Roque seemed uninterested

Treacy I thought was shocking glad somebody agrees.

So not only do we make it six knock outs out of six times we have drawn Sunderland in the FA Cup over the past 120 years but it looks like Sam has some better options amongst his squad than we feared he had when poor old Brett limped off at Boro.

Didn´t the Mackems knock us out about 5 years back?

THE BAD

The performance in general. This should not be obscured by the scoreline. It was awfull.

Keith Treacey. Started to feel sorry for him after a while. Is this the best our academy can offer? Not a top flight footballer in a million years.

THE INDIFFERENT

Charlie Newhouse. Sweet left foot but looks as though he is running into a hurricane. At his fastest he trundles.

THE GOOD

.........erm, the scoreline.

It also sounds like Keith Treacy was good for most of the 120 minutes as well...

:unsure:

It may have sounded that way, but it sounded wrong. He was crap. No other way to describe his performance really.

Archived