BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wohoo Its Sunderland Again (preview)

Flopsy

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daft question but did anyone back the Axe to score the first goal? :)

Up front, I thought all three of the main strikers made a contribution but are still not making the most of the chances that are created. Roque should have scored. Roberts worked hard and Benni came on and got the all important goal. However, which two work best together is still open to debate. I suspect Roque and Benni will be the first choice.

It would be a much more interesting decision if Roberts could actually shoot. He's got strong points but leathering a ball is not one of them. Legs like tree trunks but I've never seen him actually 'middle' a shot yet. Side footed scuffs being the norm. Unless your name is Gerd Muller it is normally a big flaw in a striker.

Half decent game last night, mind you I didn't envy the wife getting the kids up for school this morning (8 o'clock kick offs - why?)

Positives

Creating lots of chances

Givet

Zurab

Villanueva's skill, vision and dead ball striking

Mokoena's worldie strike

McCarthy's celebration

Negatives

Missing lots of chances

Keith Treacy - he really is a very poor player

Danny Simpson

How slow Villanueva is

The lack of a Tugay lap of honour at the end

The ref bottling a sending off

Assuming we can beat Coventry (and you'd have to think we should) that leaves us a favourable draw and 90 minutes away from Wembley.

Marvellous.

Carlos got a 7 too so Nicko must have been favourably impressed by him.

Nicko reckoned that Carlos would fit right in with his pal's team up in't 'ills. I reckon he'd get eaten alive in The Championship. He's painfully slow and, although the little tyke throws himself into tackles, he has the physical presence of my 11 year old daughter. Granted he has a wand of a left foot but he just dosn't have what it takes to hack it here.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong.

True but his contribution was evident to see from the highlights, whereas with someone like Givet you would've needed to have seen the whole match, so that's an encouraging sign.

From the highlights I concluded that Carlos has to be signed. He oozes technical ability.

Roque was always walking around. Even during attacks I noticed he wasn't running very often. Is he really unfit?

I think Villanueva doesnt really have to do much tackling. I think one of the reasons we have a defensive mid, is to do alot of the tackling. Villanueva should have some sort of free role, and allowed to just run at the opposition defence. Really, its the opposition that should be tackling him, because that means we are on the front foot.

Daft question but did anyone back the Axe to score the first goal? :)

Almost did (which Healy got anyway) - got on the train to Blackburn and a paper had been left on a seat, open at the sport pages and with a headline about Aaron (Wilbraham) scoring for MK Dons I think. Fate, I said to myself, The Axe is going to get the first goal. See he's usually 33s or 40 to score first, about 10s to score anytime. Mind you, think he's got his quota for the season now! It was a pearler though, in the running for our Goal of the Season come May I'd wager. Just to add to what others have said too, thought Treacy was very poor, he gets worse by the game. For the anti-Pedersen gang, now you see why he plays, even though first half at Mboro at the weekend was not good. At least he puts a bit of effort in.

From the highlights I concluded that Carlos has to be signed. He oozes technical ability.

Roque was always walking around. Even during attacks I noticed he wasn't running very often. Is he really unfit?

No matter how slow Roque was he was still a hell of lot quicker than Carlos. If he's up for sale at £1 or £2 million he might be worth a punt. But last night, for all his good work on the ball, he lost possession countless times because he was too slow and too weak to hold off the opposition. I suspect those are the reasons why Sam has said thanks but no thanks at £5 million.

No matter how slow Roque was he was still a hell of lot quicker than Carlos. If he's up for sale at £1 or £2 million he might be worth a punt. But last night, for all his good work on the ball, he lost possession countless times because he was too slow and too weak to hold off the opposition. I suspect those are the reasons why Sam has said thanks but no thanks at £5 million.

How much did we pay for Grella? He is very slow! Not as slow as Carlos though

Sunderland brought 755 fans officially.

My take, and I am only just thawed out.

Treacy is rubbish.

Dowd is a what does that mean? clown, how he can justify not sending off the sunderland defender number 35 is something I would like to hear.

The Axe scored a blinder and played very well.

RSC needs a loving am put around him.

Rovers, if they can get a ruthless streak, will put a team to bed by a large number of goals, stand by Coventry.

Carlos, has no speed but a wonderful left peg, can tackle and is not afraid to roll with it.

Zurab and RSC need heading practice, how many free headers ?

David Dunn is Priceless.

fatboy Reid should be banned from Ewood after rolling our pitch several times whilst the game in motion.

bring on the Villa :brfcsmilie:

You really love Roque,am i right?

fatboy Reid should be banned from Ewood after rolling our pitch several times whilst the game in motion.

He's a dirty and nowty little bugger and obviously overweight but he's a good player and one that imo would have suited us perfectly. There are not many attacking midfielders that we could afford around at the moment.

Ignore

'Ignore'............... Are you advising us to put you on ignore Tugay? :rolleyes:

I wonder if Bucky might be persuaded to offer us all similar advice. :)

Grella's game has very little to do with pace though. Where Carlos is it is pretty crucial.

Especially when he's on the wing!

Archived