BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking to a City fan mate last night, when I told him what nicko had said about Forlan his reaction was "I was hoping for someone better"...

He reckons they'll still need a hold-up player, so whether that's RSC or Carew is up to Hughes. Can't see a Champions League player dropping down to them this season.

Guest benmaxwell

I think the end scenario that Nicko might be looking at, and what i have been hearing, which would also explain Martin O'Neill's lack of choice in the matter would be. Man City sign Carew, and Aston Villa sign Santa Cruz as Carew's replacement.

Whether it'll happen though is anybody's guess, Forlan and Carew are two completely different players.

It's late enough now...Man City want Forlan rather than Roque as we speak. Going to try and pull that one off next. I wouldn't bet against them managing it either.

Cracking striker.

Can't see them signing Forlan and Tevez and one of Santa Cruz / E,to / Carew whilst keeping Robinho. Unless they plan to go back to the old " W " formation and play with 5 forwards. Could we get Petrov on loan ? Doesn,t seem to be place for him there especially with Ireland playing so well.

I think the end scenario that Nicko might be looking at, and what i have been hearing, which would also explain Martin O'Neill's lack of choice in the matter would be. Man City sign Carew, and Aston Villa sign Santa Cruz as Carew's replacement.

Whether it'll happen though is anybody's guess, Forlan and Carew are two completely different players.

whats the story then benmaxwell....... whats the talk on how this will end up? Carew to City & RSC to Villa......? Why hasnt Martin ONeill got a choice in the matter?

Guest benmaxwell

Was just thinking about Man City and their supposed £15 million offer for Roque.

Maybe the best option for us is to accept the £15 million offer, as long as they allow Daniel Sturridge as part of the deal without the tribunal...

That way we get him off their hands to replace Derbyshire, and we get money to bring in a replacement and can sell Derbs for the profit.

Was just thinking about Man City and their supposed £15 million offer for Roque.

Maybe the best option for us is to accept the £15 million offer, as long as they allow Daniel Sturridge as part of the deal without the tribunal...

That way we get him off their hands to replace Derbyshire, and we get money to bring in a replacement and can sell Derbs for the profit.

That would be nice however Sturridge is probably going to Chelsea and they value him at 10 million. Also his wage demands are ridiculous.

Sturridge is going to Chelsea so we may aswell take him out of the talk.

Mr X should be a good player for us, so then we just need to look at 1 more striker (unless Benni or JR leave), a box-to-bix midfielder and maybe a right back.

That would be nice however Sturridge is probably going to Chelsea and they value him at 10 million. Also his wage demands are ridiculous.

there value isnt a concern as he is no longer their player. Nicko stated previously hav his age demands arent that high and city said it as it was designed to put other teams off him.

there value isnt a concern as he is no longer their player. Nicko stated previously hav his age demands arent that high and city said it as it was designed to put other teams off him.

His what modes? You might want to edit that. Age demands?

Guest benmaxwell

Just posted the above in the Links topic.

Also in the NOTW, they reckon West Ham are after Sturridge. If that's true and Chelsea don't go for him, we should definately attempt to get him as part of the Cruz deal. http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/3593...ester-City.html

Get Sturridge as part of the Cruz deal. Sell Derbs and bring in a new No.1 striker... It leaves us with the Cruz money and Derbs money to reinvest.

Looks like a predictive text effort from a mobile! I read wage demands. :)

spot on. The new mobile net in action. Its amazingly difficult typing when the screen is the other way round. But yes iceman it was wage and have.

Archived