BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So replacing Englands Former Number 1 International and class goalkeeper with a 30 year old goalkeeper who has never played International football, and got relegated into Germany's second tier with his team.

That sounds likely!

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't mind having Duff back on a decent wage, but if you are suggesting having him back at the expense of Gamst who is barely ever injured, you are crazy.

Duff with Hoilett as backup - if the young Canadian is as good as they claim then why not? Duffer had 30 apps in the PL this season against MGP's 31...I know his injury history isn't the best but that's probably why he doesn't explode past defenders anymore. I also believe he would make a good second choice left back.

Duff with Hoilett as backup - if the young Canadian is as good as they claim then why not? Duffer had 30 apps in the PL this season against MGP's 31...I know his injury history isn't the best but that's probably why he doesn't explode past defenders anymore. I also believe he would make a good second choice left back.

4th choice behind warnock givet and olsson surely

i don't think we've ever had 3 good left backs at the club before

But did you actually see Duff play in any of those 30 apps? he is a shadow of his former self. I didnt see him once beat a player (granted he played at left back for a number of games) but even his pace has gone. He's not a bad player neccesarily but he's certainly not worth bringing in, as there is no way he'll ever replicate his form from earlier in the decade. It'd be so sad to see Duff come back and ruin his reputation as being one of our greatest left wingers. Sentimental reasons must go out of the door, if this was a different player who had played as well as Duff had played this season, nobody would want him.

But did you actually see Duff play in any of those 30 apps? he is a shadow of his former self. I didnt see him once beat a player (granted he played at left back for a number of games) but even his pace has gone. He's not a bad player neccesarily but he's certainly not worth bringing in, as there is no way he'll ever replicate his form from earlier in the decade. It'd be so sad to see Duff come back and ruin his reputation as being one of our greatest left wingers. Sentimental reasons must go out of the door, if this was a different player who had played as well as Duff had played this season, nobody would want him.

He was a great player for us, his career went down hill when he went to Chelsea and was a small fish in a big pond. £17m was fantastic for Rovers, sadly as mentioned earlier he is well past his best. If he'd stayed with us I'm sure he'd be a legend now.

I bet Duff would jump at the chance of re-joining now that he will be playing Championship football next season...

Well TOO F*IN BAD!! Maybe next time you shouldn't kiss the Chelsea badge and celebrate like a mad man in front of the Rovers fans at Ewood!

He can rot at Newcastle for all I care. Anyway, he's a crock and nothing like the player we sold.

I bet Duff would jump at the chance of re-joining now that he will be playing Championship football next season...

Well TOO F*IN BAD!! Maybe next time you shouldn't kiss the Chelsea badge and celebrate like a mad man in front of the Rovers fans at Ewood!

He can rot at Newcastle for all I care. Anyway, he's a crock and nothing like the player we sold.

Amen!

I have time for a lot of players, but it is hard to see how Duff would ever be a sensible signing. I mean newcastle, in the state they are in, were trying to offload him last summer. He has done literally nothing, apart from being injured, last year.

What precisely would be the point? MGP is a more effective player.

if everything works out like nicko says then our foward line up next year should be:

Mister X, Mister Y, Benni and Roberts? with the starting line up being Mister X and either one of the 3?

any news on a midfield player cause thats what we need ASAP.

also when is givet going to officially sign?

how about right back? any further news on chimbonda and chivelli?

I can't remember the last time I saw Duff beat a man, and that was pretty much his whole game. I'm not even sure what he offers any more. Added to the fact that he's as fragile as a Gordon Brown cabinet then I really don't see why anyone would want him back.

if everything works out like nicko says then our foward line up next year should be:

Mister X, Mister Y, Benni and Roberts? with the starting line up being Mister X and either one of the 3?

I love a bit of speculation but this is geting a bit silly. Speculating about specualtion!

Someone told me today that we were looking at Ivan Helguera on trial, seeing as he's on a free. Any truth in that, must say sounds like a BFS signing?

Hmm, there does actually sound like there could be something in that. Although would it tally with BFS release of Vogel becuase "his legs have gone"...

Although would it tally with BFS release of Vogel becuase "his legs have gone"...

That was strictly for midfield players I think, centre backs don't need to get up and down like midfielders do.

If we were a centre back short then I'd be all for it, but a] who we would drop, or b] why he'd come and sit on the bench. Either scenario seems rather odd.

That was strictly for midfield players I think, centre backs don't need to get up and down like midfielders do.

If we were a centre back short then I'd be all for it, but a] who we would drop, or b] why he'd come and sit on the bench. Either scenario seems rather odd.

for the bunce

I can't believe so many people are saying hmm 'i'd probably taken Nolan, has anyone seen him play football in the last 2 years, he offers nothing to the team these days, people remember him from 4 or 5 years ago when he was just a match of the day player coming up with a few decent goals.

He didn't have a lot more to his game back then and all he does now (Ask any Newcastle fan) is jog from one side of the center circle to the other, he'd probably be a strong contender for our slowest player and given our current squad that's definitely saying something!

I wouldn't want Smith or Butt but they'd be better options, at least they run around and work hard for the team, they just lack ability these days, but hey at least that gives them one up on Nolan!

Keith Andrews who still has more Rovers critics than the rest of the world combined offers you more than any of the 3 above, he runs all day which nobody can deny and has a great engine, pops up with the few odd goals for us and can play a number of positions, I think he did okay at right back.

Ince was the problem I admit that but we need to stop making Andrews the scapegoat for a poor season, and that Andrews by no means is a great player but he's a very hard worker and a decent midfield player.

What about Vogel, how many people demanded he be given more playing time then suddenly Allardyce came in and he still couldn't get a game, now where's Vogel?? Oh yeah still a free agent for the last 3 months.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not the founding member of the Andrews fan club but the sooner people realise Ince is gone and Andrews is staying the better we'll be for it.

Duff has been mentioned, his best days are behind him, he'd be a decent backup player if we could rely on him being fit but we can't so people like Treacey, Olsson, the new boy are much better options as backup.

So we will sell Zurab and replace with Helguerra? Doesnt make sense to me, as Zurab is younger than Helguerra.

To be fair if we let Zurab leave it's probably just out or respect for him as a professional. He hasn't been a regular in the side for the last 3 years, not really a regular since his loan outing and until now not once have I heard a murmur of complaint from him. He's in his late 20's now and needs to be playing regular first team football, he isn't that quick so doesn't strike me as someone who will play much past 32 at the highest level.

Best of luck to him if he goes although I'd be delighted if he stayed, you can only expect someone to sit on the bench so long and now he has Nelson, Samba and Givet all ahead of him, Gunning and a couple of others are looking promising in the reserves and youth levels too.

As for Helguera, wasn't he released at christmas time? I remember La Galaxy being after him, that tells me enough about him to know we don't need him, David Beckham he is not.

In today's Hull Daily Mail it has a quote from the agent of Le Herve's Amadou Allasane, who scored 10 goals for the relegated club, stating "Hull City, Stoke and Blackburn Rovers have all shown an interest in Allasane".

3 club rule?

Oui.

nicko any update on some of the other players we have been linked with, any news on offers or scouting, or are any just simply no longer targets.

Such as.....

Renato Civelli DOWN TO PERSONAL DEMANDS

Modeste M'bami ROVERS WANT TO SEE MORE OF HIM - WHICH IS GOING TO BE HARD

Sofiane Feghouli NOT ON THE RADAR FROM WHAT I HEAR...OVER-PRICED, A BIT YOUNG

Someone asked about Michael Bradley again, any truth in that one? NOW THERE IS A BLAST FROM THE PAST

Someone asked about Michael Bradley again, any truth in that one? NOW THERE IS A BLAST FROM THE PAST

Hmm interesting, a blast from the past but you haven't ruled it out?? Although just looked him up and it seems he signed a 4 year deal less than a year ago, then again how silly of me to think a contract means anything these days!!

Guest benmaxwell
Nicko can we get Seiterides please? He is my favourite :-)

Why did Atlético release him a year before his contract ended?

Nicko have you heard anything about Steven Nzonzi? I heard we were very interested in signing him but just wondered if you had heard the same thing.

Archived