BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Got to be rubbish. There is no way that another Premier League club would ever come in for Andrews.

Why do you say that,based on what Tcj? He has been doing well for ROI, and did a decent enough job for us. So its no surprise that people have started to take note of him, which means he must have done something right.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like us last summer they've signed a manager with no Prem experience remember.

Martinez to be fair Gord, is much more experienced at a higher level than Ince was in terms of which division he was at. Mind you, im still glad we got an established premiership manager in charge.

Just posted the above in the Links topic.

Also in the NOTW, they reckon West Ham are after Sturridge. If that's true and Chelsea don't go for him, we should definately attempt to get him as part of the Cruz deal. http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/3593...ester-City.html

Get Sturridge as part of the Cruz deal. Sell Derbs and bring in a new No.1 striker... It leaves us with the Cruz money and Derbs money to reinvest.

How could we get an out of contract player as part of a transfer deal?

Guest benmaxwell
Have to say, benmaxwell, for someone 'in the know' and in an amazing line of work, your view on certain things is strange.........

Look below...

We get them to concede their development fee as part of the deal... <_< Why is that one hard to work out? <_<

I think, because of his age (22), it isn't as cut and dried as being a free agent out of contract. Having said that, he turns 23 on 1st September so I'm not sure how that effects his, and City's situation.

He's a free agent, they just receive compensation when he signs for a new club.

Look below...

We get them to concede their development fee as part of the deal... <_< Why is that one hard to work out? <_<

Because it makes no sense for anyone. He's attracting interest and will be a free agent in a couple of weeks time, so we'd have to get that deal done before the 1st of July anyway. On top of that, the compensation they are due is probably going to be 2-5 million, but that won't be what they would value him at in a swap. The deal also makes absolutely no sense for him, he's far better off waiting only a few days and seeing exactly who is willing to make a concrete offer once he is on the market (although I'm sure he already knows).

• Backroom
Have to say, benmaxwell, for someone 'in the know' and in an amazing line of work, your view on certain things is strange.........

Am I right thinking benmaxwell is also a journalist? I'm surprised Nicko is willing to divulge information to a potential rival.

As for the NOTW Santa story I can't see it happening yet we've seen these headline all too many times.

Guest benmaxwell

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Yout...1423139,00.html

THE TRIBUNAL SYSTEM EXPLAINED

In the majority of cases, clubs will reach mutual agreement on a compensation fee

We could reach an agreement with City if we wanted Sturridge as part of the Roque deal, that's all i am saying.

That's if we could offer him something Chelsea cannot, like first team football.

Guest benmaxwell
Am I right thinking benmaxwell is also a journalist? I'm surprised Nicko is willing to divulge information to a potential rival.

As for the NOTW Santa story I can't see it happening yet we've seen these headline all too many times.

Can we please not talk about much job in the main messageboard. First and foremost i am a Rovers fan.

I do NOT use anybody else's research/information, as that is against the law and could get me the sack!

Just because i ask questions like any other fan does, doesn't mean i am attempting to pinch someone else's story. :lol:

I've read that Celtic's Nakamura could be joining Espanyol. Do you think he's someone we should have on our radar? He's only 30, and has a wicked dead-ball delivery.

He can play on either wing, and is certainly faster over the ground than Tugay ever was in his Rovers days. He can also pass the ball well and can pick a pass. Not too sure about his tackling ability; suspect it's not too good.

He can play on either wing, and is certainly faster over the ground than Tugay ever was in his Rovers days. He can also pass the ball well and can pick a pass. Not too sure about his tackling ability; suspect it's not too good.

A lot like Toogs then! I think he could do a job here. Strikes me as decent player.

And can take a good free kick as well.

Can anyone explain the reason why Rovers could get a work permit for Carlos (a Chilean subject and presumably without a Europen passport), but can't get one for Hoilet (a Canadian subject...British Commonwealth) who also has not got a European passport. It just doesn't make sense to me!

Can anyone explain the reason why Rovers could get a work permit for Carlos (a Chilean subject and presumably without a Europen passport), but can't get one for Hoilet (a Canadian subject...British Commonwealth) who also has not got a European passport. It just doesn't make sense to me!

Carlos is a regular Chilean intenational. Hoilett has never played for Canada.

Rules state that you have to have played 75% of your countries games in the last 2 years or something like that to be given an unconditional work permit.

We might be able to get him through a special appeal to the Home office. Also, as he has played in Germany for 2 years, I think he will qulaify for EU residencey in the not too distant future?

Archived