BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

He is a very good player Zidan. However like alot of Egyptian players, can be a bit erratic. I still say Mohammad Aboutrika, but guess its only me and my wishful thinking. Unleaded any other players that you know of linked with us, that we dont know about?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Use your noggin. There's not a player, at any club in the world, who is guaranteed a starting place. Piggin' obvious that if he's not up to it he wont play.

Exactly, who on earth seriously believes Sam would play a player because he had too. If he's playing badly he'll be on the bench or dropped, contract or no contract.

Janko, my god please no. The Austrian leagues no better than the premiership reserves, we can do a lot better than Janko. I'd take Peter Crouch everyday of the week because he will score 12-15 a season and thats safety assured. They want silly money for a man who's never played consistently against decent opposition, similar to the argument some are saying against Di Santo.

Guest benmaxwell
How many people is Mohamed Zidan?

Was meant to say Mohamed Zidan and Mohamed Shawky, but was distracted by the cricket. Whoops.

I feel Crouch NEEDS a fast player to play alongside him, to get the best out of him.

If in fact Di Santo is a player who will join us, then I think when Roque goes, we should be going for a pacey striker rather than the big man.

While Di Santo is no Defoe or Bellamy, the Chelsea fans I've talked to says that he's not the prototypical target man. He is tall and good in the air (Although needs a bit more strength to be a true aerial threat) but he's also quick and has good movement. So perhaps more of a Zlatan than Santa Cruz in terms of playing style. But they also say his workrate is better than Zlatan's ;)

please no. The Austrian leagues no better than the premiership reserves, we can do a lot better than Janko. I'd take Peter Crouch everyday of the week because he will score 12-15 a season and thats safety assured.

And Crouch has a great first touch for a big fella, holds the ball up well and brings people into play!!

Jérôme Rothen`s Transfer to Blackburn edged closer when the new coach(Kombouaré) of PSG demanded that the deal with Rovers be done by July 3..................which is 2 weeks.................

Rothen has made it clear to PSG that he wanted to leave ASAP................................

Kombouaré :"I realized the player wanted to leave the club. But he is under contract until 2011. If no offers have taken place before the July 3, he will return and obey the rules. ".....................................

Rothen will at long last give MGP a run for his money....he has had it his own way for far too long...............In fact wont be surprised if Big Sam gets rid................

Rothen wouldn't challenge MGP even if you removed the Norwegian's left leg.

Thought he was trying to get out of his deal? We cant spend too much on him! Freebie or low cost then I cant see a problem with it!

I can. He's 31, his wages will be decent (he would surely get at least 20k a week) and he wouldn't make our first 11. He won't get better, only worse, and his game is unsuited to the premier league. He's not an out-and-out winger, so he doesn't offer us anything we don't already have.

These are the kind of pointless moves we need to stop making.

eddie if sam allardyce sees something in him then i would trust his judgement rather then yours...you may watch alot of french football, but im sure allardyce has had scouts watching him who professionals and give there opinion on what will improve us..

eddie if sam allardyce sees something in him then i would trust his judgement rather then yours...you may watch alot of french football, but im sure allardyce has had scouts watching him who professionals and give there opinion on what will improve us..

I remember a similar comment when Sam signed Campo from Real, a poor Centre back who became a decent holding midfielder at Bolton!!

Yes, Sam is a decent judge on a player and like you I trust him!!

That's fine, but it isn't an opinion that I alone happen to have. Rothen simply hasn't been that impressive in his time at PSG and has got worse during it. Allardyce has a good track record when it comes to bringing in ageing foreigners, but he's also brought in one or two stinkers. Rothen gets plenty of playing time, plays for a decent club that had a very good spell for a while and failed to impress. There are plenty of talented players in France, even quite a few at PSG, but he isn't one of them.

Oh and here's a quote of his from his L'Equipe interview

"OK, j'ai fait une saison moyenne et irrégulière"

"OK, I had an average and inconsistent season"

Says it all really....

That's fine, but it isn't an opinion that I alone happen to have. Rothen simply hasn't been that impressive in his time at PSG and has got worse during it. Allardyce has a good track record when it comes to bringing in ageing foreigners, but he's also brought in one or two stinkers. Rothen gets plenty of playing time, plays for a decent club that had a very good spell for a while and failed to impress. There are plenty of talented players in France, even quite a few at PSG, but he isn't one of them.

Oh and here's a quote of his from his L'Equipe interview

"OK, j'ai fait une saison moyenne et irrégulière"

"OK, I had an average and inconsistent season"

Says it all really....

Scary thing is that unleaded alludes to Rothen coming In and then MGP possibly leaving.

What about Caicedo?

He has been linked with Sporting Lisbon in a possible 5 million € transfer. Could be a good replacement for Derby.

It seems Chelsea has been offering Shevchenko to french clubs. Can they please offer him to Rovers? lol

Big difference between Campo and Rothen. Campo was actually a bit younger when he signed for Bolton, he also lots his place at Real Madrid. A player who can't make the Real Madrid team isn't the same as a player who is unwanted by virtually everyone at PSG.

start of season midfield minus emo for a few months

diouf-----someone better than grella---rothen--------warnock--------pedersen

then come october'ish

diouf--------emo---------rothen-----------someone better than grella and warnock--------pedersen

with a bench with/ if not injured reid, dunn,grella,warnock,south african fella who potentially seems another rigters.......probably about a 10 percent chance they are all fit at the same time so another 2 midfielders this window would be good

egyptian right winger on as a sub prior to getting sent off looked a bit special, have we not been linked before as i could see why

Eddie, who watches a lot of football in France seems to think Rothen's best days are behind him and that he is now an average player at best. I can't see him challenging MGP, more likely as a central midfield playmaker. If he turns out to be the new Tugay then fantastic, but he could equally be a very expensive Vogel!!

lets not forget Eddie's agenda though, which is to undermine the manager at every opportunity.

lets not forget Eddie's agenda though, which is to undermine the manager at every opportunity.

I'm with Eddie on this one, not the undermining of the manager but the fact that Rothen is past it and not very good any more. There are good players in the French league but he's certainly not been tearing up any trees.

I don't like doing it but I'm with Eddie - Johnny Rothen is not very good, well he hasn't been for about three years at least. Whilst he may be able to cross a ball he can't run, can't dribble, doesn't score goals and for a decent sized fella he is as soft as they come. Apart from that he'll do just fine

I can. He's 31, his wages will be decent (he would surely get at least 20k a week) and he wouldn't make our first 11. He won't get better, only worse, and his game is unsuited to the premier league. He's not an out-and-out winger, so he doesn't offer us anything we don't already have.

These are the kind of pointless moves we need to stop making.

Bruno Berner ? :wacko:

I don't like doing it but I'm with Eddie - Johnny Rothen is not very good, well he hasn't been for about three years at least. Whilst he may be able to cross a ball he can't run, can't dribble, doesn't score goals and for a decent sized fella he is as soft as they come. Apart from that he'll do just fine

MGP Mark II

the Sun reporting

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...for-Crouch.html

but I can't see the reasoning in signing both Crouch and Di Santo

I still don't think we'll get Crouch because of the size of the transfer fee and of Crouch's wages but, if we did, that would be representative of the huge strides this club has made from top to bottom since this time last season, when it was little short of an embarrassment.

Archived