BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd take Janko as he looks far more dangerous on the ground than Crouch. Also he's two and a half years younger which is quite important for the amount of money they would cost. I think Janko would be cheaper anyway - certainly wages wise and probably in transfer fee too.

I really like what I've seen from Janko, he's definitely my first choice should Roque go. Look at the quality of players around him in the Golden Shoe award this year. It's all well and good saying it was a weaker league, but why aren't other players from poorer leagues up there as too if it's that easy?

If you click on Janko's name in LeChuck's link there is a video of some of this goals on there. I personally had read a lot about him but not seen much of him but he looks like quite a player from the video. (I know thats not all you can go on)

He seems to a fantastic Imbrahimovic type touch especially in the 5th (??) goal on that tape which is a piece of control Bergkamp would have been proud of. Looks a good finisher with his feet and head and obviously has the physical presence to be able to cope in the prem.

Of course theres the argument of being in a lesser league but 39 goals in any league is quite an achievement in my book. Takes a mean penalty too.

Anyone aware of the rumoured price being placed on his head at all.

I would perfer someone with pace as a replacement for Roque if we sign Di Santo on loan then theirs your target man. We need a striker to play off the big man and play on the shoulders of defenders someone like cisse who apprentley is avalible for 4 million. I would like to see this team start next year.

Robinson

Emerton Samba Givet Warnock©

Diouf Grella New mid Pedersen

Di Santo Cisse.

any line up i'd LIKE to see would'nt have grella in it, no way we have 2 up top when sam has had time to mould the team he wants, more likely diouffy out wide of five with emo eventually in midfield and a new right back, striker, and midfielder.

You need 5 strikers, that is just a fact. An injury to one and you'd be down to starters and a sub, that isn't good enough. Throw in the fact that Di Santo wouldn't be able to play in 2 of our 38 games and it would be plain stupid. 5 strikers is what we need and Roberts needs to be the worst of the lot.

It was almost suicidal to go into the second half of the season with 3 strikers, however unless our 5th striker is somebody on low wages, whose prepared to sit on the bench (not even make the squad if the other 4 are fit) then I can't see how we could do it. The wages of the 5 in question (speculative I know) would be far far too high for a club of our stature. You can't have players such as Roberts on 20k a week not even making the bench - it just won't happen. Out of those 5, at least two would need to be on extremely low wages for it to be even feasible.

It was almost suicidal to go into the second half of the season with 3 strikers, however unless our 5th striker is somebody on low wages, whose prepared to sit on the bench (not even make the squad if the other 4 are fit) then I can't see how we could do it. The wages of the 5 in question (speculative I know) would be far far too high for a club of our stature. You can't have players such as Roberts on 20k a week not even making the bench - it just won't happen. Out of those 5, at least two would need to be on extremely low wages for it to be even feasible.

More importantly, good strikers wont sit on the bench!!! Hence Derbyshire wanting to go!!

I'd do cartwheels if we signed Crouch. I think he's one of the best strikers in the league outside of the top four and would suit Sam's style of play perfectly.

Unfortunately, I very much doubt that we could afford his transfer fee or his wages. Therefore, we should probably forget him.

I'd do cartwheels if we signed Crouch. I think he's one of the best strikers in the league outside of the top four and would suit Sam's style of play perfectly.

Unfortunately, I very much doubt that we could afford his transfer fee or his wages. Therefore, we should probably forget him.

Sam has already admitted that in January Crouch was the target to replace RSC so dont be too suprised that if RSC moves, we make a move for Crouch.

Kelbo - Whilst Matty is a good player - he isnt premier league standard - hence why he has to move on, and why no premier clubs are showing any real interest in him!

Crouch is on £70,000 a week at Portsmouth. He'd really have to drop down to come here. He's done little to impress me this season as well, and a number of Pompey fans have grown tired with him.

Sam has already admitted that in January Crouch was the target to replace RSC so dont be too suprised that if RSC moves, we make a move for Crouch.

Kelbo - Whilst Matty is a good player - he isnt premier league standard - hence why he has to move on, and why no premier clubs are showing any real interest in him!

Is there likely to be anyone else but peter Crouch because I don't rate his heading ability at all and if we bought him it would presumably be, in part at least, to be the big guy up front to win the knock downs for the faster runners to put in. Whenever we've played against him, he hasn't exactly filled me with dread.

Kelbo, I think that the £70k a week figure is just paper talk. I'd be surprised if he were on anything more than £50 - 60k.

However, that is still a higher wage than anybody at Rovers is currently earning.

True, true - I remember reading about it at the time. However, again, it really wouldn't surprise me if the price he was quoted was far in excess of what the club could afford.

Realistically, I cannot see Pompey selling their prize asset for anything less than £10 - 12m and Rovers haven't paid above £5m for a player since Barry Ferguson about six seasons ago and even he only cost £7.5m.

Is there likely to be anyone else but peter Crouch because I don't rate his heading ability at all and if we bought him it would presumably be, in part at least, to be the big guy up front to win the knock downs for the faster runners to put in. Whenever we've played against him, he hasn't exactly filled me with dread.

7 - Peter Crouch scored more headed goals than any other player in 08-09 in the premier league.

Another stat worth noting - Bolton scored 10 goals from free-kicks – the most in the division

Guest benmaxwell
I feel Crouch NEEDS a fast player to play alongside him, to get the best out of him.

If in fact Di Santo is a player who will join us, then I think when Roque goes, we should be going for a pacey striker rather than the big man.

If only we could sign both Janko and Darren Bent... :lol:

Kelbo, I think that the £70k a week figure is just paper talk. I'd be surprised if he were on anything more than £50 - 60k.

However, that is still a higher wage than anybody at Rovers is currently earning.

True, true - I remember reading about it at the time. However, again, it really wouldn't surprise me if the price he was quoted was far in excess of what the club could afford.

Realistically, I cannot see Pompey selling their prize asset for anything less than £10 - 12m and Rovers haven't paid above £5m for a player since Barry Ferguson about six seasons ago and even he only cost £7.5m.

We were after Crouch in January but apparently he didn't fancy it.

That's probably because he would have had to have taken a pay cut.

I still don't think that the club could afford his transfer fee, nor would they take a risk on spending so much on a single player. That's just my opinion though.

v-7-1062379-1221805056.jpg

Jérôme Rothen`s Transfer to Blackburn edged closer when the new coach(Kombouaré) of PSG demanded that the deal with Rovers be done by July 3..................which is 2 weeks.................

Rothen has made it clear to PSG that he wanted to leave ASAP................................

Kombouaré :"I realized the player wanted to leave the club. But he is under contract until 2011. If no offers have taken place before the July 3, he will return and obey the rules. ".....................................

Rothen will at long last give MGP a run for his money....he has had it his own way for far too long...............In fact wont be surprised if Big Sam gets rid................

We cant spend too much on him! Freebie or low cost then I cant see a problem with it!

Even if a free transfer, he still will cost in wages. Not sure about Rothen but will wait and see if he signs first before thinking too much about it!

Eddie, who watches a lot of football in France seems to think Rothen's best days are behind him and that he is now an average player at best. I can't see him challenging MGP, more likely as a central midfield playmaker. If he turns out to be the new Tugay then fantastic, but he could equally be a very expensive Vogel!!

Rothen will at long last give MGP a run for his money....he has had it his own way for far too long...............In fact wont be surprised if Big Sam gets rid................

Rothen will be going into the centre - not the wing.

Guest benmaxwell

Sam should seriously take a look at the Egypt midfield and frontline during this window. Some seriously class football on display vs Brazil earlier. Mohamed Zidan to name a few.

Michael Bradley is having a good game at the moment vs Italy for USA. Think we missed out on that one... :(

Sam should seriously take a look at the Egypt midfield and frontline during this window. Some seriously class football on display vs Brazil earlier. Mohamed Zidan to name a few.

Michael Bradley is having a good game at the moment vs Italy for USA. Think we missed out on that one... :(

How many people is Mohamed Zidan?

Archived