BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm interesting, a blast from the past but you haven't ruled it out?? Although just looked him up and it seems he signed a 4 year deal less than a year ago, then again how silly of me to think a contract means anything these days!!

I just said he was a 'blast from the past'...he was watched and overlooked and is now somewhere else.

Hmm interesting, a blast from the past but you haven't ruled it out?? Although just looked him up and it seems he signed a 4 year deal less than a year ago, then again how silly of me to think a contract means anything these days!!

didnt santa cruz sign a 4 year deal last summer?

didnt santa cruz sign a 4 year deal last summer?

Difference being Bradley joined his club at that time whereas Roque was just extending his contract.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest we'd rekindle our interest in Bradley, we're under totally different management now, unless Hughes and his scouting team forgot to clear their scouting DVDs out of the office. Besides, he's had a fairly successful year in the Bundesliga by the sounds of it so he'll be worth more than when he was at Heerenveen.

Bradley is also basically first choice (for his dad) in the USA central midfield these days, which probably raises his price and # of clubs interested were he available, whereas he was just breaking into the NT fold when he was last mentioned around here.

I can't believe so many people are saying hmm 'i'd probably taken Nolan, has anyone seen him play football in the last 2 years, he offers nothing to the team these days, people remember him from 4 or 5 years ago when he was just a match of the day player coming up with a few decent goals.

He didn't have a lot more to his game back then and all he does now (Ask any Newcastle fan) is jog from one side of the center circle to the other, he'd probably be a strong contender for our slowest player and given our current squad that's definitely saying something!

I wouldn't want Smith or Butt but they'd be better options, at least they run around and work hard for the team, they just lack ability these days, but hey at least that gives them one up on Nolan!

Keith Andrews who still has more Rovers critics than the rest of the world combined offers you more than any of the 3 above, he runs all day which nobody can deny and has a great engine, pops up with the few odd goals for us and can play a number of positions, I think he did okay at right back.

Ince was the problem I admit that but we need to stop making Andrews the scapegoat for a poor season, and that Andrews by no means is a great player but he's a very hard worker and a decent midfield player.

What about Vogel, how many people demanded he be given more playing time then suddenly Allardyce came in and he still couldn't get a game, now where's Vogel?? Oh yeah still a free agent for the last 3 months.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not the founding member of the Andrews fan club but the sooner people realise Ince is gone and Andrews is staying the better we'll be for it.

Duff has been mentioned, his best days are behind him, he'd be a decent backup player if we could rely on him being fit but we can't so people like Treacey, Olsson, the new boy are much better options as backup.

I'll admit we're singing from the same hymn sheet, but still, great post :brfc:

Andrews' ROI performances are argually better than his Rovers perfromances as well, which begs the question - if our fans were behind him (instead of outright hostility he experiences in some cases) like the ROI fans are, would he be a better player for us?

Any truth that Owen is on our short-list?

- Sam spotted Owen's shortcomings at Newcastle.

- Sam doesn't rate Derbyshire because you need more to your game than goal poaching.

In a word: NO.

I can't believe so many people are saying hmm 'i'd probably taken Nolan, has anyone seen him play football in the last 2 years, he offers nothing to the team these days, people remember him from 4 or 5 years ago when he was just a match of the day player coming up with a few decent goals.

He didn't have a lot more to his game back then and all he does now (Ask any Newcastle fan) is jog from one side of the center circle to the other, he'd probably be a strong contender for our slowest player and given our current squad that's definitely saying something!

As Sir Bobby Robson correctly commented on Nolan, his legs have gone.

Nicko, what's happening with Gael Givet?

Didn't you say it would be completed once his loan finished on 10th June?

As far as I know it was 'done' on June 10...changed from being a loan transfer to a full one.

But as the player and the manager are on holiday - and nobody at the club is around - there has been no official announcement.

Ok thanks Nicko, any other news from today then?

It's late enough now...Man City want Forlan rather than Roque as we speak. Going to try and pull that one off next. I wouldn't bet against them managing it either.

Cracking striker.

But as the player and the manager are on holiday - and nobody at the club is around - there has been no official announcement.

Presumably not just for us but the fact managers/players are on holiday is stopping some deals from progressing, being concluded?

• Backroom

Weird how things work, Forlan was once laughed out of the country nearly, not many teams would have wanted him, he has proved himself abroad now though, be interesting to see if he is succesful this time around.

Weird how things work, Forlan was once laughed out of the country nearly, not many teams would have wanted him, he has proved himself abroad now though, be interesting to see if he is succesful this time around.

Don't forget Man United has been a graveyard for a lot of talented players who couldn't handle the pressure there, especially strikers.

Forlan will probably be a good signing for City.

Prob 5 mins before the transfer window closes leaving us screwed,

We'd have really missed him if we sold him in January...

I'm sure if Roque doesn't move in the summer he'll be perfectly happy to stay with us in the English media, moaning about us on Paraguayan AM radio, and suffering from "niggles" that leave him sadly unable to go any further than cashing his enormous salary.

We'd have really missed him if we sold him in January...

I'm sure if Roque doesn't move in the summer he'll be perfectly happy to stay with us in the English media, moaning about us on Paraguayan AM radio, and suffering from "niggles" that leave him sadly unable to go any further than cashing his enormous salary.

Sad but very true :angry:

That's a ridiculous thing to say. Roque's still young and will know that if he really wants to move, he needs to play and play well. He hasn't been feigning injury all year, otherwise he'd magically have been fit for Paraguay the moment the season ended.

That's a ridiculous thing to say. Roque's still young and will know that if he really wants to move, he needs to play and play well. He hasn't been feigning injury all year, otherwise he'd magically have been fit for Paraguay the moment the season ended.

Rubbish :!:

Look at his stats - one good season with Rovers - every other season injured. Not worth the money being asked, or offered!

Ha, that's pretty easy to say - he's only played two! One good and the other ruined by injury. If he'd wanted to sit on a treatment table somewhere he could just have stayed at Bayern.

I'm not disagreeing that he wants to move and his heart isn't in the Rovers, but a player who's spent a season on the treatment table is going to be low priority for the bigger clubs, which is where he'll want to play. He (to be fair) took a step down coming here from Bayern because of problems like this and I find it difficult to imagine that he'll want to end up in the same situation - that is that his skill levels and ability aren't in doubt but noone wants him because of his injury problems. The plain fact is that if he ends up staying here, which is a possibility, he HAS to play next season or no-one will be interested.

The alternative is that his agent(s) are telling other clubs that he's sitting it out at Rovers which (1) would get back to Rovers and could leave him in an uncomfortable position and (2) would not impress other managers as one day it could be them.

Unless you believe that he spent four of his years at Bayern in a sulk, then I think we simply have to consider that it's possible that Ince's training methods caused him problems in his admittedly dodgy knees. I'd hope that working with Sam would help with his injury problems, or with another club but with the money that's being mentioned it's a hell of a risk for another club for a striker that's managed one season in the previous 6.

We shall see how this progresses over the summer, I guess! But even for us Rovers fans it seems a little too nay saying to me :)

Unless you believe that he spent four of his years at Bayern in a sulk, then I think we simply have to consider that it's possible that Ince's training methods caused him problems in his admittedly dodgy knees. I'd hope that working with Sam would help with his injury problems, or with another club but with the money that's being mentioned it's a hell of a risk for another club for a striker that's managed one season in the previous 6.

This does make me think - when we purchased Roque it was on the back of hardly having played for a number of seasons - or scoring at Bayern. There was no guarantee of success in the Premiership.

Two years later - he has had one exceptional season in the Premiership (I think it is fair to say he is now a proven Premiership striker) and one injury hit season.

Hughes paid £3.5m, which for us was a lot of money. In the scheme of things I would say £18m for City is equivalent to Rovers spending £3.5m on a player. Come on Hughsey - get out your cheque book - you risked Rovers money - but won't risk City's even though he is now arguably a better buy than two years ago.

It's late enough now...Man City want Forlan rather than Roque as we speak. Going to try and pull that one off next. I wouldn't bet against them managing it either.

Cracking striker.

Local press claiming City are poised to make Roque bid.

Archived