BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest benmaxwell
Nicko, is it true that we may be looking to get michael bradly from the USA?

He currently plays for Borussia Mönchengladbach, he signed for them in August last year on a 4 year deal. He has been their best midfielder this season, so i think if they sell, it will be for more then we can afford.

We can dream though i suppose. He would be the ideal replacement for Tugay as far as im concerned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily Mail have outdone themselves tonight. According to them Spurs are making a £15 million bid for Roque and we are interested in Chimbonda, Butt, Nolan and Smith: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...-Toon-trio.html

award for most made up story of the summer so far ......................goes to the dailly mail.

fairly certain mr pro zone , sport science knows when a player is no longer capable of the premiership and we just got linked to 3. They will all be newcastle players come the start of the championship. how the @@@@ is nicky butt supposed to improve a premiership team that wants to cut out the deadwood and reduce the wages.

just noticed that the story is written by the fabulously named "sportsmail writer" who also put his neck on the block last week with us again desperate to sign smith.

"sportsmail reporter" or newcastle chief executive............have they ever been seen in the same room together?

He currently plays for Borussia Mönchengladbach, he signed for them in August last year on a 4 year deal. He has been their best midfielder this season, so i think if they sell, it will be for more then we can afford.

We can dream though i suppose. He would be the ideal replacement for Tugay as far as im concerned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily Mail have outdone themselves tonight. According to them Spurs are making a £15 million bid for Roque and we are interested in Chimbonda, Butt, Nolan and Smith: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...-Toon-trio.html

I'll be honest - I wanted Monchengladbach to go down so we had a shot at Bradley. He's young, great for the US, son of the national team coach, in fact. I'd love to see him here.

two links, with 1 of it utterly disappointing and depressing (NICKY BUTT, ALAN SMITH and NOLAN)............... Oh My God, why are we interested with players that had newcastle relegated!? 1 of those 3 mentioned to come is disappointing, 2 of it to come is scary, all three to come is Nightmare !!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...o.html?ITO=1490

The other 1 would be interesting as SAM seems to be adding pace into the squad

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21434244/

Nicky Butt was linked with a free to Wolves yesterday.

Smith and Nolan is hopefully just Newcastle fans in the press starting rumours.

What's the point in wowing the fans with a brilliant season ticket offer and then turning them off totally with the signings you make. Everyone knows we can't afford to splash the cash but we can afford to be a bit more imaginative than those 3 surely. I'd honestly rather see younger untried potential, than washed out has beens and if you then go down at least you don't have high earning past it players on your payroll and you have a youngish squad capable and probably willing to stay together to try to get back up again. We have plenty of experience in the squad already - what we need is some strength in midfield, some creativity somewhere and some pace. A bit of football brain wouldn't come amiss either.

What's the point in wowing the fans with a brilliant season ticket offer and then turning them off totally with the signings you make. Everyone knows we can't afford to splash the cash but we can afford to be a bit more imaginative than those 3 surely. I'd honestly rather see younger untried potential, than washed out has beens and if you then go down at least you don't have high earning past it players on your payroll and you have a youngish squad capable and probably willing to stay together to try to get back up again. We have plenty of experience in the squad already - what we need is some strength in midfield, some creativity somewhere and some pace. A bit of football brain wouldn't come amiss either.

I couldn't agree more, those players have a lot to answer for at Newcastle. I wouldn't have Butt on a free and I'm not keen on either Smith or Nolan. To get all three would be a disaster on the same lines as last years close season.

Guest Kamy100

In the morning's edition of The Lancashire Telegraph they are saying that Rovers will NOT be signing any players from Newcastle, instead Sam is focusing his attention on "other" targets.

I couldn't agree more, those players have a lot to answer for at Newcastle. I wouldn't have Butt on a free and I'm not keen on either Smith or Nolan. To get all three would be a disaster on the same lines as last years close season.

Guys, you really know better than this by now! This is a Daily Mail 'article' with no quotes whatsoever. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Roque £15m impending bid bit is a fabrication and I can guarantee that three Newcastle players bit is made up and probably the laziest piece of journalism we'll see all summer!

Nicky Butt?! I mean, Nolan maybe, Smith at a push, but Butt?! Seriously, why would we want three sub-standard CMs on big wages? It's complete and utter rubbish.

In the morning's edition of The Lancashire Telegraph they are saying that Rovers will NOT be signing any players from Newcastle, instead Sam is focusing his attention on "other" targets.

Good news!

Does it mention any 'other' targets?

Nicky Butt?! I mean, Nolan maybe, Smith at a push, but Butt?! Seriously, why would we want three sub-standard CMs on big wages? It's complete and utter rubbish.

All 3 of them are better than Andrews. If any of them were free, on similar wages to Andrews and willing to take a 2 year deal maximum, I'd take them. If not, then no.

I wouldnt take Butt no matter what - however Nolan & Smith for very low fees could be decent signings. Both are better than Andrews/ Mokeona

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce is thought to be closing in on a gbp10million deal to sign Portsmouth's England international Peter Crouch - Source 'MSN Singapore'

Central midfield has been a massive weakness for years and we're already in a worse position with Tugay gone (even if things improved a bit by the Axe disappearing at the same time :P)

We should be looking at anyone who's better than what we currently have. Andrews wouldn't have got in the Geordies team for starters.

I wouldnt take Butt no matter what - however Nolan & Smith for very low fees could be decent signings. Both are better than Andrews/ Mokeona

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce is thought to be closing in on a gbp10million deal to sign Portsmouth's England international Peter Crouch - Source 'MSN Singapore'

and all 4 are championship at best.............lets stick to shopping abroard and treating newcastle players like the lepers they are

All 3 of them are better than Andrews. If any of them were free, on similar wages to Andrews and willing to take a 2 year deal maximum, I'd take them. If not, then no.

Andrew's improved under Big Sam towards the end of last season, I wouldn't want Smith or Butt joining our squad with the big attitude's on big money. Nolan maybe, especially with his past with Big Sam.

Bolton and Blackburn are chasing Preston's speedy winger Danny Mayor, 18. (Daily Mirror)

When I last saw Mayor I'd say hes more LeTissier type than just a speedy winger, very comfortable on the ball, has an excellent turn and tight control were the body sways oneway but goes the other deceiving the opponent giving him that ablility to leave his marker in tight situations, didnt see enough to see if there is an end product but definitely one who should be given a chance.

Whatever of Andrews ability at least he made an effort to get his team out of the trouble it was in!!

Amen to that, I've quite a bit of time for Andrews after his efforts last season, he showed a hell of a lot of bottle.

Going back to the three mentioned - they are probably better than Grella too....not that I'm advocating us signing them mind you.

Whatever of Andrews ability at least he made an effort to get his team out of the trouble it was in!!

That's another good point, Andrews will give 100% no matter what. You can not fault his effort and if he keeps improving like he did the back end of the season he'll be a good one for us.

Archived