BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derbyshire Leaves Rovers

No matter how badly Sam wants Derbyshire to leave, he should not have ignored the fact on how Derbyshire have contributed for the past few seasons. Hence should have handled the situation abit more tactfully not just as a Manager, but a Manager of Blackburn Rovers.

Pardon me, but i do have a soft spot for players like John Stead, Derbyshire, Warnock. People who had gave their all when rovers were in trouble.

One could argue that they should give their all all the time.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derbs was always too lightweight to make it as a central striker, which is why all of our managers gave him spells as a right winger. To me Hoilett looks a better prospect as a winger/striker anyway; he's got more pace and trickery in his game.

I can't help but think if Derbs was still around he would just be holding Hoilett back, so it's perhaps for the best that he moved on. It will be interesting to see if he plays against Arsenal though, I'd love him to bag a goal.

Haven't read anything after this post, but I don't really need to. Sums it up pretty well.

10 in 63 is not really prolific.

• 2 months later...

Does anybody know if Mat is still injured and when he might be making a comeback?

I was just wondering if we might have seen him tonight against Arse?

Taken from the BBC...

Coach Zico is still without English striker Matt Derbyshire, who is out with a groin injury, but defenders Leonardo and Avraam Papadopoulos and midfielder Luciano Galletti have recently returned from injury.

Blimmin hell we've done well to shift him seeing as though he had that injury whilst he was still with us if memory serves me correctly. Suprising that a 'groin' injury has seen him sidelined for 5+ months.

So thats why he's not been playing! I was looking at his stats the other day, and was thinking it was a bit strange he's only made 1 appearance this season, considering how well he did for them last season.

Regarding Matty Derbyshire, from Matty's dad he said to me Matty wanted to leave under Hughes, under Ince and finally under Allardyce.

Cant see why any of you are blaming Allardyce for Derbyshire leaving when Matty clearly wanted to leave all along.

• Backroom

Regarding Matty Derbyshire, from Matty's dad he said to me Matty wanted to leave under Hughes, under Ince and finally under Allardyce.

Cant see why any of you are blaming Allardyce for Derbyshire leaving when Matty clearly wanted to leave all along.

Begs the question then which manager should have been appointed for Matty to want to stay :blink:

Watched the first half and saw Matty being interviewed before the game. He's a good lad is Matt - hope he soon recovers from his injury and proves himself over there.

How good were those Arsenal youngsters?!! Average age was 20 and the team included Silvestre who is 32! Granted, they didn't score and I didn't watch the second half, but they knocked the ball around for fun and, had it been a boxing match, it would have been stopped after the 3rd round! Awesome. :brfc:

Watched the first half and saw Matty being interviewed before the game. He's a good lad is Matt - hope he soon recovers from his injury and proves himself over there.

How good were those Arsenal youngsters?!! Average age was 20 and the team included Silvestre who is 32! Granted, they didn't score and I didn't watch the second half, but they knocked the ball around for fun and, had it been a boxing match, it would have been stopped after the 3rd round! Awesome. :brfc:

Lots of fancy dan play but they couldn't walk it into the net. Sounds right to me! :lol:

I love how the tabloids worked Tom Cruise's name into the headline despite the fact he did buggar all.

Archived