BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derbyshire Leaves Rovers

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Good news for all concerned as long as we use the money, all the best to Matty Derbyshire and his family on a new journey in their life.

Lets hope a replacement bench striker is lined up

One of the most disappointing things the club has done in recent years. I don't want an Argentinian striker from Chel$ea's youth team who is here on loan to find out if he has a chance of playing for a bigger club. I want our own lads.

• Backroom

So you'd rather hold onto someone who is proven average at this level?

I liked him but he was always vastly over rated due to his background, same with Gallagher. Good little player but not quite good enough.

The thing is we need to make sure we do get someone at least as good but preferably better.

One of the most disappointing things the club has done in recent years. I don't want an Argentinian striker from Chel$ea's youth team who is here on loan to find out if he has a chance of playing for a bigger club. I want our own lads.

You want to keep a player who has proved that he is not good enough to start in the Premiership because he is a local lad. At best he is good sub to bring on but nothing more.

The money mentioned on other threads for Matty is good business for Rovers if true.

Let's wait and see who comes into replace him I guess. Still do not think he ever got a fair go playing as a striker for us.

Sam obviously thinks he can get better in, but usually goalscorers cost a decent amount of money.

• Backroom

I think Sam probably made his mind up about him when he played as a striker against Blyth and was the worst player on the pitch

Derbyshire aged 23, pacey and yet to reach the highest level of his career or Roberts, pacey,bullish nd cant finish naturally ?

Bit saddened by this really, but hey, thats football. I am sure he goes with our best wishes.

Lets hope the replacement is in the bag before he signs.

Considering Derbs is only 23 and has an ok goal scoring record (for us and England Under 21s) it will be interesting to see what we have lined up....

Have to admit, heart ruling the head a bit, but always rated him!

Being young, English and a striker, also keen to know what fee we will be getting for him.

Hows tricks Oliver ? And the baby/family ?

Fine thanks Waz-George nearly ready for his first kit!

Derbs is an impact player a this level-how many times has he come on and grabbed a goal, made a difference? more so than when he has started the game. Greek league seems about his level, good luck to him, shows he has some ambition really.

At the age of 23 he isn't going to improve much.

Gotta agree - some pace, but not the blistering pace really required to make a difference in the EPL. Shame - being a local lad that he didn't quite make the grade at Rovers. Either way it is moe than he probably dared hope for when he was playing non-league. All the best Matty.

At the age of 23 he isn't going to improve much.

Not necessarily.

Keith Andrews was playing second division football at 23 and look how good he is now at 28. :blink:

All according to Opta stats of course.

no hope or chance of local lads making good ...you need a "I" or "o" on the end of your name.we cried out for him in the run in!!!!

Only because of injury. Not cos he is better than a fit Santa Cruz, McCarthy or Roberts (not too many i's or o's at the end of those names either.

Makes me very sad ! Very !

Sad to see a player that actually loves the club go. Especially for peanuts.

We have had too many money players, who dont care about Blackburn Rovers.

This guy does. And he scored quite a few too....

:angry2:

Not necessarily.

Keith Andrews was playing second division football at 23 and look how good he is now at 28. :blink:

All according to Opta stats of course.

:lol: I thought you told me not to get involved?

• Backroom
no hope or chance of local lads making good ...you need a "I" or "o" on the end of your name.we cried out for him in the run in!!!!

In the same vein if he did have an I or O on the end of his name there wouldn't be as many people on here complaining about this.

Archived