BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barton - Yes Or Not

Cash is short - beggars cant be choosers. People say our midfield is weak, here is an opportunity to add some steal to our midfield and to throw one or two rough challenges in.....

Is he the 'bite' we are missing?

Would he fit into the 'savage' role?

He should be relatively cheap, we may even be able to get them to sign up to a loan deal at first based on his history?

What do people think :lol: (Tin hat time)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm just waiting for joey barton to arrive in final week of august. The season tickets will have been sold by then, so the signing will not put off new st holders.

temperament apart, he is the kind of player we need to add strength to midfield and put some presence in there. We've had no-one since sav. Grella is a croc so don't bank on him

Totally Agree.....Barton would be a fantastic signing....we should move before someone like Bolton get him....

Whatever ability Barton has, he is a complete liability with his temperament. He isn't just a hot-headed player, he's a thug who's blown every chance afforded him.

Again, people reject Bentley but would welcome Barton? Riiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Beggers can't be choosers right now. Both would waltz into our team as it is.

People go on about missing that 'bite' in midfield, the 'savage' role - Barton is that man!

He also adds in some goals, and has a decent passing range on him too!!

I've had my reservations about Barton, as any straight thinking human being would, but unfortunately, as far as the player goes, he is EXACTLY what we need right now.

Plus, we've had a severe lack of headcases since we sold Savage, Dickov, Bellamy, Neill and Todd.

All in all, I think though Diouf was a good start, it's important Sam gets Barton in ASAP.

Ps, is Hot Toddy still playing?

Yes, yes he is.

And we desperately need one of those, as we're yet to replace Duff.

Hmmmmmmm you sure?!?!?!?

Man City 05/06 - 31 games, 6 goals

Man City 06/07 - 33 games, 6 goals

Forget Newcastle - he has been in and out like a yo-yo and they are a joke.

Barton isn't just agression...He's an expansive midfielder who can link with the wide players and forwards alike...don't forget, he was a england player before all this shennanigans with prison etc....

He would be the best player in our midfield by a mile, and had he not been a bad boy, would probably command fees around the £15m-£20m mark....if we can get him cheap, it's a no-brainer.

<_<

Well that should clear up any doubts, he's prolific. Did Dunny even rack up 12 games in that period?

Or perhaps he found the ideal club for a man of his 'talents?'

And again, are people conveniently forgetting this guy is a thug? Nothing like Savage at all.

Altho Rothen is a left-mid, he is often used (with gud results) in the centre. In fact he is used MORE in the centre if I'm not mistaken. On the wing, he is the type to cross early due to lack of pace. This leads me to believe that when used in the middle, he sits and passes. Perhaps a Tugay-esque role?

On the subject of Barton, I can't stand the man. But footy-wise, he is what we need. I would take him on the condition that he does anger management and has various other clauses inserted related to his temperament. (I am told Kalinic has a temper too, so we best be careful where both are concerned)

No, I'm not bothered about his personality, referees will target him and we'll constantly be down to 10 men. Even ordinary fouls will be met with cries of outrage and brandishing of red cards.

Just look at Liverpool last season. Barton was sent off for that challenge but if it was anyone else I'd wager it would have been given a yellow. Fans reaction is always influential with referees.

Just look at Liverpool last season. Barton was sent off for that challenge but if it was anyone else I'd wager it would have been given a yellow. Fans reaction is always influential with referees.

Very good point

* Complete liability with his penchant for crime and violence.

* Gives another reason for the referees to victimize us - if you believe the conspiracies.

* Would tarnish our image as a homely, family club.

Beggars can't be choosers? Then I guess out of the innumerable footballers out of there, Joey Barton is obviously our one and only choice of a playmaker. He's a thug who blows every chance gifted to him. He doesn't fall anywhere near the bracket of Diouf, Bellamy, Dickov or Savage.

As a player- YES- Would be perfect for our team as a player, can tackle, pass run with the ball.

As a person- NO- Not a full shilling, real hothead that has too many off the field problems.

Overall- NO- Too much of a liability imo. Also think he is so well known for his previous behaviour that ref's do target him, that incident against Liverpool should have been a yellow but because it was Barton he got a red.

* Gives another reason for the referees to victimize us - if you believe the conspiracies.

Beggars can't be choosers? Then I guess out of the innumerable footballers out of there, Joey Barton is obviously our one and only choice of a playmaker. He's a thug who blows every chance gifted to him. He doesn't fall anywhere near the bracket of Diouf, Bellamy, Dickov or Savage.

Hang on? I remember the when Hughes was manager we got the legendary headline ''Hackburn go Rover the top.''

Don't think many families were popping alot to see Toddy and his twitchy elbows after that were they?

Cash is short - beggars cant be choosers. People say our midfield is weak, here is an opportunity to add some steal to our midfield and to throw one or two rough challenges in.....

Is that intentional? I'd have thought stealing was one of the few things he couldn't be accused of. ;)

Hang on? I remember the when Hughes was manager we got the legendary headline ''Hackburn go Rover the top.''

Don't think many families were popping alot to see Toddy and his twitchy elbows after that were they?

If you think Andy Todd roughing up the opposition on the pitch is comparable to Joey Barton in and out of the headlines for bashing some kid in the street or stubbing a fag out in someone's face.... then I can't help you.

What is the point of another thread about a subject we have already discussed to death????

Some people really do have way too much time. Couldn't you be helping your mothers - I'm sure there's some hedges needing trimming or some shopping needing carrying or a bit of painting needs doing.

Barton is the sort of man only a mother could love. She won't like him, but loving a son is unconditional.

I am not his mother.

The answer to the question is NO THANK YOU.

Diouf questionable. Bellamy is complete nutter who could probably share a few tales with Joey.

I'd take him simply because of what we currently have at our disposal.

If you take the fact that he is a complete nutbar out of the equation is he still a decent siging for us?

We are currently carrying three permanently injured senior midfielders. Another, in Emerton, is recovering from a serious injury. Do we need another to add to the treatment table?

A primary characteristic for whoever we sign is that they are in very good physical condition.

Diouf questionable. Bellamy is complete nutter who could probably share a few tales with Joey.

I'd take him simply because of what we currently have at our disposal.

None of them are angels, but the point is are they as much a liability that Barton has been throughout his career?

Barton's ability is immaterial.

Archived