BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barton - Yes Or Not

His passing isn't half as good as Grella. He doesn't care enough to put in as much effort as Andrews and he can't take set pieces as well as Pedersen.

Fair enough Andrews isn't great by a long way, but he gives his all and he's getting better. Grella has been unlucky with injury but when he's played he's done well and nobody puts the amount of running in that Pedersen does.

Barton is an ungrateful, ungracious thug. I'd rather have Mokoena back.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the all the baggage that comes with him then Barton would have to be an exceptional player to be worth taking such a gamble.

Unfortunately he is not that great. Barton is a decent to good Premiership midfielder. Without all the hassle he would be certainly be good enough for Rovers but with it...plus the disruption to the squad, the bans, the digust many of our own fans would feel at signing an individual who has been guilty of far worse than the likes of Diouf or Savage.

So...a no from me. Just too much of a gamble. The guy is hardly a Cantona or a Di Canio is he to stick our necks out for? Oh...and his wages would not be even close to being cheap either. Despite all the problems.

i accidentally started this subject thread whilst looking on the web at lunchtime whilst basking on a beautiful cornish beach... I didn't forsee child killers as a tangent at any point.

I think the poll idea would be good.

The fact we are a family club might help take the spotlight off joey barton and help him make good headlines on the pitch... Its just a suggestion to our midfielder problem that has been exposed.

Que sera sera... Tomorrow's topic - let's sell samba!

Why has this topic cropped up again? We haven't been linked with him have we? And Sam has previously said he won't be going in for the likes of Smith/Nolan/Barton etc.

Hypothetically though, from a footballing perspective looking at our current options, if we were interested and he was affordable I'd take him like a shot.

Were it not for his "baggage" he'd be way out of our price range.

Obviously we'd have to have stringent conditions in his contract allowing us to bomb him straight out if he transgressed again.

joey-barton-jail2.jpg

Stabbing his team mate Jamie Tandy's eye with a cigar and attempting to set his shirt on fire.

Convicted twice on charges of violence, the Mcdonalds incident with a 16 year old youth and attacking Dabo on the training pitch.

Instigator of mass brawls on the pitch and even in friendly matches.

Sent home from a pre season tour in Thailand for attacking a 15 year old Everton fan in a hotel.

So many dressing room bust ups and my favorite piece.... Shearer confronted Barton in the dressing room at Anfield on Sunday following his red card for the ugly lunge at Liverpool's Xabi Alonso. He told Barton that his challenge was "a coward's tackle". Barton responded with a tirade of abuse that featured him describing Shearer as a "######" manager with "######" tactics. When Shearer's assistant Iain Dowie intervened, Barton called Dowie "a prick". Shearer was called the same but managed to restrain himself physically.

Suspended by his own club for being a retard, the list goes on forever!

So in a word, NO!

Stabbing his team mate Jamie Tandy's eye with a cigar and attempting to set his shirt on fire.

Convicted twice on charges of violence, the Mcdonalds incident with a 16 year old youth and attacking Dabo on the training pitch.

Instigator of mass brawls on the pitch and even in friendly matches.

Sent home from a pre season tour in Thailand for attacking a 15 year old Everton fan in a hotel.

So many dressing room bust ups and my favorite piece.... Shearer confronted Barton in the dressing room at Anfield on Sunday following his red card for the ugly lunge at Liverpool's Xabi Alonso. He told Barton that his challenge was "a coward's tackle". Barton responded with a tirade of abuse that featured him describing Shearer as a "######" manager with "######" tactics. When Shearer's assistant Iain Dowie intervened, Barton called Dowie "a prick". Shearer was called the same but managed to restrain himself physically.

Suspended by his own club for being a retard, the list goes on forever!

So in a word, NO!

And some people still want him signed. So much for a family club.

Are we Millwall in disguise?

Barton = SCUM

The only sort of club that would suit the SCUMBAG is that Mickey Mouse outfit called NUFC.

We are trying to "Take Back Ewood", and we want a family club at Rovers.

If this SCUMBAG arrives just watch the Season Ticket holders walk....mindyou, Waggy may be happy. ;)

To be honest, I didn't feel at all happy about the likes of Diouf or Fat Sam joining the club, even though I knew they could do a decent job.

But my question is how is the money short again? We sold 21 million worth of players, bought a few no names for pennies and spent 7 million on Klasnic (if he arrives sometime this decade). Even if a good portion of that transfer money is once again "invested elsewhere", surely we can afford someone better than Barton?

To be honest, I didn't feel at all happy about the likes of Diouf or Fat Sam joining the club, even though I knew they could do a decent job.

But my question is how is the money short again? We sold 21 million worth of players, bought a few no names for pennies and spent 7 million on Klasnic (if he arrives sometime this decade). Even if a good portion of that transfer money is once again "invested elsewhere", surely we can afford someone better than Barton?

The club used half to pay off debt. Haven't you read that? Its been stated often enough. And "Klasnic" is already with us and awaiting his permit. So so negative.

Barton = SCUM

The only sort of club that would suit the SCUMBAG is that Mickey Mouse outfit called NUFC.

We are trying to "Take Back Ewood", and we want a family club at Rovers.

If this SCUMBAG arrives just watch the Season Ticket holders walk....mindyou, Waggy may be happy. ;)

I cannot really see the point of this debate - it is not as though Rovers are linked to him, transfer wise. - Has not Sam already said he is not interested in Barton?

Would rather have Gudjohnsen.

A bargain is a bargain whether it's at Harrods or one of Blackburns plethora of pound shops.

If SA can control Barton then OK. I love us being the team that other teams hate playing against, there's a good reason for that..... it means we are not the lame duck pushover club that Ince took us down to and will compete for every ball all over the park.

A bargain is a bargain whether it's at Harrods or one of Blackburns plethora of pound shops.

If SA can control Barton then OK. I love us being the team that other teams hate playing against, there's a good reason for that..... it means we are not the lame duck pushover club that Ince took us down to and will compete for every ball all over the park.

Oh I Theno ... says you that is so quick to condemn a spotted youth for just standing up at a game or a uttered swear word.

Barton is a different kettle of fish and should not be allowed anywhere Ewood in a Rovers capacity - or be allowed to play football for that matter.

Oh I Theno ... says you that is so quick to condemn a spotted youth for just standing up at a game or a uttered swear word.

Barton is a different kettle of fish and should not be allowed anywhere Ewood in a Rovers capacity - or be allowed to play football for that matter.

I normally agree with the nodrogs posts but in Bartons case I cant!!

It is correct to have disliked players to other teams like Sav., Diouff and Bellamy, but in this instance, I feel the team spirit and dressing room would be in serious risk of been lost, once that happens, you are stuffed!!

Archived