BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barton - Yes Or Not

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talksport (well, Ronnie Irani) said that Pedersen "dropped his shoulder" and that the FA should also charge him! I hadn't seen it until now. Talksport clearly don't have a ruddy clue.

Koi, he might be a pathetic individual but he did score again for us last night, therefore he didn't deserve a punch.

I can't listen to talksport. They don't have opinions they just say things to provoke reaction. How could anyone blame Pedersen? He did NOTHING and I felt for him. Ab unprovoked attack is never nice. I would encourage him to press charges. That would be richly deserved.

Talksport (well, Ronnie Irani) said that Pedersen "dropped his shoulder" and that the FA should also charge him! I hadn't seen it until now. Talksport clearly don't have a ruddy clue.

Koi, he might be a pathetic individual but he did score again for us last night, therefore he didn't deserve a punch.

I meant Barton or are being sarcastic

Morten has come out and defended Barton, saying it was something that happened in the heat of the moment - and that he would invite him out for dinner next time Blackburn face Newcastle.

Classy or stupid? Either way Barton should receive a ban, five matches would be suitable if you ask me. I actually thought he had matured this season as he has taken a lot of punishment without reacting in earlier games, only for this to happen. It's a shame because he's obviously a very talented footballer.

• Backroom

Barton should receive a ban for it, no question, but it's not like he threw a right-cross at Pedder's, decked him and then got on top of him and started pounding his face. He gave him a dig into his chest, which probably hurt a little, but it's nothing worse than you see at an average sunday league match or even the 6-a-side leagues I play in. Obviously this is a professional league and you can't do that, especially with impressionable kids watching, but I'm more annoyed that neither the lino or the ref picked up on it. Barton's an aggressive knob, and no doubt a nasty character, but what he did last night wasn't that bad and I can understand MGP playing it down. A retrospective 3 game ban would suffice as punishment - based on the fact he would have been sent off had the referee seen it.

Having watched the replays, that was a half decent punch by Joey. So never mind what would have happened on the street .....?

On the street to a non-elite sportsman that punch could have done serious damage. Then where would Joey be.... back in his playpen ( yes behind bars )...

Having watched the replays, that was a half decent punch by Joey. So never mind what would have happened on the street .....?

On the street to a non-elite sportsman that punch could have done serious damage. Then where would Joey be.... back in his playpen ( yes behind bars )...

Exactly, so just because he is on a football field does not mean he should get away with it. The agony he must be facing when he receives a 3 math ban eh? Getting paid over £25k a week will ease the pain.

Good on Morten for moving on from this. No need to have a whinge about it, just move on and let the FA deal with it. I'm quite proud of the club in this instance because we have defended our own disciplinary record under Sam and are now avoiding having a whinge about what others do, just let the refs and the FA do their job.

If I did that to someone on the street what punishment would I get?

It would be an assault, but only a minor one. No injuries etc. Possible would not even get to court. Warning, caution.

But depending on who you did it too - you could end up being the victim as they'd 'punish' you with a good kicking.

Pederson is too nice for his own good, Barton is a thug, dont have a meal with him unless someone can arrange some food poisoning Morten.

Theory number one: MGP meant having Barton for dinner in a Hannibal Lecter kind of way.

Theory number two: MGP is thinking a well set up table, a darkened room, wine, candlelight, and Barry White music in the background.

Theory number three: Combine one and two.

Archived