BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barton - Yes Or Not

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:mellow: if lardarse signed barton,you WOULD all welcome him with open arms whilst our club would be dragged to the gutter level that is BARTON -_-

I would certainly have to question my loyalty, Waggy. However, I would probably come to the conclusion that it was the CLUB that I supported and not one person within that club.

I would never feel able to cheer him or welcome him but I would still be there supporting the club.

If he came I'd support him, and generally speaking I have little problem with signing players who are bad role models. We've had our fair share of those in the last few years, provided they do the business on the pitch most of us couldn't care less about previous indiscretions.

But as people have mentioned, Barton's a different case entirely to a Savage or a Bellamy. The guy is clearly a nutter and has had some seriously negative affects on team morale, worse than Bellamy ever managed (that is saying something). However, if Sam does decide he's the best option for us, we'll know, for all his faults, we'll have signed a very competent and hard working player.

Only time will tell if he would be a gamble worth taking.

If he came I'd support him, and generally speaking I have little problem with signing players who are bad role models. We've had our fair share of those in the last few years, provided they do the business on the pitch most of us couldn't care less about previous indiscretions.

But as people have mentioned, Barton's a different case entirely to a Savage or a Bellamy. The guy is clearly a nutter and has had some seriously negative affects on team morale, worse than Bellamy ever managed (that is saying something). However, if Sam does decide he's the best option for us, we'll know, for all his faults, we'll have signed a very competent and hard working player.

Only time will tell if he would be a gamble worth taking.

The ONLY bit i disagree with. Otherwise, spot on post.

:mellow: if lardarse signed barton,you WOULD all welcome him with open arms whilst our club would be dragged to the gutter level that is BARTON -_-

Wrong again Waggy!! (And how). I am not in the least interested how good a footballer Barton is (and he is not all that good). Even if he were another Pele or Maradonna, or both of them rolled into one, and was available for free and agreed to play for no wages, I would still not have him anywhere near Blackburn Rovers as our player.

We have spent the last several seasons trying to live down the grossly unfair reputation we gained from remarks made about our style of play and alleged "thuggery" by Wenger and Morinho, and picked up and spun by the press. This has resulted in our club being regarded as either unfit to play in the PL, or at best a joke team by virtually all except our own fans.

What do you think would be made of it by the media if we were to take a chance on Barton, and that is even assuming that he even deserves another chance? Where would our already tattered reputation be then? For that reason alone I dont want to see our club EVER associated in any way at all with Barton; not even in jest, because there is nothing even remotely funny about it.

There is another element here, if you were a parent of a potentially top Academy lad and you had to choose between two similar clubs, one of them had Barton there, which one would you choose, in my opinion, as a parent, I wouldnt choose the club where Barton was and, I am pretty sure of my ground here, how would they be able to keep Barton away from any younger players at the club??

I feel sure now he would have to be CRB checked, I have to be checked annually to work with young players and he would not have a cat in hells chance of getting a certificate!!

Certified yes, certificate no

Six months in prison, assault and actual bodily harm on a team-mate, stubbing out a cigar in the eye of another, running over pedestrians, attacking fans, not to mention his trademark horror-tackle-and-red-card in every game he's played for the past two years. It's not like he's Cantona; there's no reason for a club to put up with any of that behaviour.

I can't believe there's even a thread discussing this.

There is another element here, if you were a parent of a potentially top Academy lad and you had to choose between two similar clubs, one of them had Barton there, which one would you choose, in my opinion, as a parent, I wouldnt choose the club where Barton was and, I am pretty sure of my ground here, how would they be able to keep Barton away from any younger players at the club??

I feel sure now he would have to be CRB checked, I have to be checked annually to work with young players and he would not have a cat in hells chance of getting a certificate!!

Certified yes, certificate no

Why would he have to be CRB checked? It would be a place of work for him just like anyone else.

If he was to be actually involved with coaching youngsters then that would be different.

Why would he have to be CRB checked? It would be a place of work for him just like anyone else.

If he was to be actually involved with coaching youngsters then that would be different.

Anyone who would be in the vicinity of juveniles would have to be checked, there was something even yesterday in the paper, trying to remember but my wife is a childminder, I am never at home when she has kids, yet myself and my two sons have to be checked!!

And yes, checked again as well as through football!!

Anyone who would be in the vicinity of juveniles would have to be checked, there was something even yesterday in the paper, trying to remember but my wife is a childminder, I am never at home when she has kids, yet myself and my two sons have to be checked!!

And yes, checked again as well as through football!!

So what you are saying is that every professional footballer has to be CRB checked as they could potentially be involved with juveniles. I don't think so. Surely the Academy is run separately from the first team squad with coaches who presumably have been CRB checked.

I really don't think that this would be an issue

So what you are saying is that every professional footballer has to be CRB checked as they could potentially be involved with juveniles. I don't think so. Surely the Academy is run separately from the first team squad with coaches who presumably have been CRB checked.

I really don't think that this would be an issue

Err.... Let me get this right. You are objecting to Barton's habit of getting p1ssed up and throwing punches around are you waggy?

Picture this scenario.

Rovers take Barton on loan, fans have different views, the knives are out for him, he has good games he has his off moments, Rovers are making a half decent start to the season.

Jump Forward to the month of October, the most horrendous of months games wise for Rovers.

October 18th, Ewood Park, its The Lancashire Derby, Rovers versus the dingles.

After a tight first half, its 0-0.

Second half, 78th minute, a Barton screamer settles the game. Its 1-0 Rovers. Do any of you think for a moment that you wont scream the house down ? Of course you will, he will be a hero in the Blue and White.

Diouf has baggage

Savage had baggage

Barton has sackloads.

he needs help, he needs leadership but he needs a loving hand to guide him. The guy maybe a first class moron but on the pitch he has shown he has the skill and ability and that is what matters most.

Barton COULD do a job for Rovers. I know he has issues and I dont say for one minute I like him for any of his antics. I do think though football wise, he may well be an asset that may be worth a punt, if the price is right of course.

Its all ifs and buts of course. My view is that he could do a job if he gets his head screwed on right and if he takes the good advice on offer. Rovers could well be his saving grace because the very next time he steps out of line his football career is over, for good.

Purely from a football point of view, let alone a moral one, he is an utter liability. He'd get into some sort of scrape - he's had more chances than enough. There is nothing which suggests that he will ever get his head screwed on and settle down and use the fotballing talent that he has.

Purely from a football point of view, let alone a moral one, he is an utter liability. He'd get into some sort of scrape - he's had more chances than enough. There is nothing which suggests that he will ever get his head screwed on and settle down and use the fotballing talent that he has.

And if I were an opponent, I would be hell bent on riling him, making him lose it!!

He would be a sitting target!

Here's a question for all you Barton advocates. How many of you remember seeing Barton make a deliberate stamp on Tugay's achilles tendon from behind in a match at Ewood when Barton was playing for City? (2 seasons ago?) So far it seems I am the only one that saw that, although it was shown in closeup by Sky and discussed at some length by the Sky pundits after the match. Andy Gray and his companion were shocked at it and dismayed that the ref had somehow missed the deliberate intent to maim aspect that was obvious when it was shown in slow motion. Barton's studs are shown coming down on Tugays achilles from behind but luckily Tugs either saw it coming, or else was lucky and moved just the few inches that made a difference, and was caught slightly higher up on his calf.

The result was the ref gave a foul and I think booked barton but that was all. Can't remember now whether Tugs was able to continue or had to go off. But the whole point is that was a delberate attempt by one professional to take another one completly out of the game.... probably permanently too in Tugays case if he had connected as intended. I know a professional foul with intent when I see one and so does Andy Gray. The only thing I don't understand is why there was not more made of it by Rovers or even by Sky TV. they had the evidence to send to the FA and for that kind of conduct a player should be getting a very long ban and a fine from his club.

Why do you people want him here after that? You all claim to love Tugay.

He's a thug who continuously causes mayhem everywhere he goes and he doesn't appreciate the opportunity he's got at being a footballer.

There's no doubt he's a good player but I don't want idiots like him playing the game I love.

Not even sure he is that good a player Tim - one thing he is for sure is a cocknose!

Based purely on footballing ability we don't have any other central midfielder at the club as good as him. Well maybe you could argue Dunny's case for being in a similiar league as Barton, but how often is he fully fit?

He's exactly the sort of player we need in the central midfield area. Would add a bit of bite in there and is capable of getting goals from midfield. He had a couple of really good seasons at Citeh and I think he was even named in a England squad or two.

Obviously his off-pitch persona is an obvious worry but in my opinion if there's the option for him to come to the club as part of a sensible deal then I'm all for it.

The question you've got to ask yourself is would the Rovers playing squad be improved for the addition of Joey Barton? and in my opinion the anwer to that would be definately yes.

Here's a question for all you Barton advocates. How many of you remember seeing Barton make a deliberate stamp on Tugay's achilles tendon from behind in a match at Ewood when Barton was playing for City? (2 seasons ago?) So far it seems I am the only one that saw that, although it was shown in closeup by Sky and discussed at some length by the Sky pundits after the match. Andy Gray and his companion were shocked at it and dismayed that the ref had somehow missed the deliberate intent to maim aspect that was obvious when it was shown in slow motion. Barton's studs are shown coming down on Tugays achilles from behind but luckily Tugs either saw it coming, or else was lucky and moved just the few inches that made a difference, and was caught slightly higher up on his calf.

The result was the ref gave a foul and I think booked barton but that was all. Can't remember now whether Tugs was able to continue or had to go off. But the whole point is that was a delberate attempt by one professional to take another one completly out of the game.... probably permanently too in Tugays case if he had connected as intended. I know a professional foul with intent when I see one and so does Andy Gray. The only thing I don't understand is why there was not more made of it by Rovers or even by Sky TV. they had the evidence to send to the FA and for that kind of conduct a player should be getting a very long ban and a fine from his club.

Why do you people want him here after that? You all claim to love Tugay.

Good point, but again - Diouf and BFS are also part of the club. It would be hard to forget how a couple of seasons ago under BFS's guidenship Diouf committed one of the most outrageous dives you'll ever see, got Bolton a penalty from which they scored, then went on to celebrate in front of the Rovers fans while BFS stood there grinning.

So, you know...

Archived