BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barton - Yes Or Not

I can promise you this, and it is a promise. If Barton signs for us I will not attend a single match until he is gone. He does not deserve the right to be a footballer never mind at a good club like ours.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can promise you this, and it is a promise. If Barton signs for us I will not attend a single match until he is gone. He does not deserve the right to be a footballer never mind at a good club like ours.

Wow anyone would think we were signing Gary Glitter, i don't rate him as a player or a human being, would stop me going to watch rovers though.

The simple answer is the I don't want Barton anywhere near Ewood, but I didn't want Diouff, I didn't want Savage and I certainly didn't want Andrews.

Shows how much notice the club takes of it's supporters. We'll just have to put up with what we are given unfortunately. :o

The simple answer is the I don't want Barton anywhere near Ewood, but I didn't want Diouff, I didn't want Savage and I certainly didn't want Andrews.

Shows how much notice the club takes of it's supporters. We'll just have to put up with what we are given unfortunately. :o

Barton's a nasty piece of work and those players above certainly don't deserve to be compared with him.

Not read all of this thread but is there any evidence to suggest Allardyce might be thinking of signing him ?

At this current time and with our injury prone, average midfield, I would accept a loan signing for Barton. As a loan signing there isn't the same risk. If he plays up he goes back to newcastle, that alone should be a good enough incentive for him to knuckle down and keep himself out of trouble.

At this current time and with our injury prone, average midfield, I would accept a loan signing for Barton. As a loan signing there isn't the same risk. If he plays up he goes back to newcastle, that alone should be a good enough incentive for him to knuckle down and keep himself out of trouble.

Same here Ricky. We really are desperate in midfield.

How long do Reid, Dunn and Grella have left on their contracts?

I would prefer get relegated than see that little s**t in a Rovers shirt. Some things are more important than this deluded belief that the premier league is the be all and end all of football. Hope someone does him good and proper.

I would prefer get relegated than see that little s**t in a Rovers shirt. Some things are more important than this deluded belief that the premier league is the be all and end all of football. Hope someone does him good and proper.

I agree, if you watched the Newcastle game game yesterday, Alan Smith looked very tidy and can pick a pass too!!

Your not very keen then? :huh:

Same here Ricky. We really are desperate in midfield.

How long do Reid, Dunn and Grella have left on their contracts?

I am sick of posters knocking David Dunn.

1/ He is NOT fat. If you see him without a shirt he is solid muscle.

2/ He is a local lad who gives everything for the shirt he is proud to wear.

3/ He has more skill and drive in his little finger than the rest of our so called midfield have between them.

4/ Do you think he gets injured on purpose? Hardly his fault is it?

OK so he has an injury problem but is worth keeping for the difference he makes when he is fit.

Leave the lad alone. He is currently the best player we have by a mile.

What if Barton misbehaves, after 2 games? Do we send him back knowing, the sick notes are still injured. I understand what you saying Ricky, but we could rather get a decent player on loan than that little waste of time. Another bust up yesterday according to some, and just shows that we shouldnt even consider him. Imagine Barton going down for a penalty, and Dioufy grabbing the ball to take it. Its bound to end in a fight and total embarrasment. I dont want Barton, end of. Some people would rather have him, and see the clubs good standards destroyed by an utter idiot

3/ He has more skill and drive in his little finger than the rest of our so called midfield have between them.

OK so he has an injury problem but is worth keeping for the difference he makes when he is fit.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more.

He's completely passed it, he is in the catagory of player who pearked in their very early 20's and has been over the hill for 5 or more years now. He is less use to us than a 38 year old Tugay.

You losing the plot Al. To me Dunn needs to sort himself out, and like Reid we just cannot afford to carry these sick notes.

The problem, Al, is that Dunn has all of the talent to be a top star, but he hasn't shown that talent since the beginning of his spell in Birmingham.

Kind of like the people who dump on MGP - we know what they can do and it ticks us off that they don't do it.

Al, none of your points really relate to what I posted do they?

I don't think Dunn gets injured on purpose but that doesn't change the fact that he and Reid are nearly always injured and have been so throughout their careers. In this time we have spent a fortune on their wages while they have taken up places in the squad.

Surely you can see that it would be better if their contracts were to expire soon so we could replace them? We owe them nothing.

For what it's worth, I would prefer Dunn to stay ahead of Reid, Grella and Andrews but the fact that Andrews can stay fit means we will be keeping him.

Emerton is a different case. He has only had one injury and has given the club 6 years of honest service, even if his form in the first two years was not so good.

Agree with all of that except 4..... he really is a walking sick note that we cannot really afford to carry. Good player or not if he was a racehorse he'd have been gelded years ago as not fit to breed off and last season would have seen him shot and sold for dog meat.

OK maybe I stand alone (in defence of Dunny). It isn't the first time and it certainly wont be the last. Let's see how the season progresses and at the end of the season remind me of this. I will either admit defeat or stick two fingers up to you all.

OK maybe I stand alone (in defence of Dunny). It isn't the first time and it certainly wont be the last. Let's see how the season progresses and at the end of the season remind me of this. I will either admit defeat or stick two fingers up to you all.

To signify the number of games he's completed?

I didn't say he was a poor player. Just that he does not deserve a new contract. My question to you is; if his contract expired tomorrow, would you renew it?

I didn't say he was a poor player. Just that he does not deserve a new contract. My question to you is; if his contract expired tomorrow, would you renew it?

Yes

To signify the number of games he's completed?

Ah the wit. Well half of one anyway.

Archived