BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Barton - Yes Or Not

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in favour of signing him in summer but if he's been injured I'm less inclined to go for it.

The last thing we need is another midfielder who spends all his time in the treatment room, we already have three or four of those already.

I agree, he's hardly played since he went to Necastle for one reason or another. How about a loan though ?

First time I have ever posted anything positive about Joey Barton. But he is talking eminent good sense and shows there is always hope even for the vilest of individuals.

I don't buy it. He is right about how the money and limelight detaches players from reality, but using himself as an example of somebody who is grounded is just one of the biggest crocks of crap I've ever heard. He says his trouble grounded him, but over and over he got in more and more trouble. He even admits that there is more stuff he has done that he got away with, as if his long list of scummy behaviour isn't enough reason for us all to want him nowhere near the club. If you don't think that even the positive things he said in that interview have been impressed upon him or even outright doctored by his agents, I'd suggest you've got blinkers on. If he is an example of a grounded individual, it almost makes me glad the others are detached.

My answer to the Barton question is still a very resounding NO. In footballing terms, would he improve our first team? Yes. If he stayed fit. But although I love my club intensely, I won't abide it selling its soul to the devil. We already went part way to that by getting Allardyce and Diouf. Barton would be just one giant leap too far, and if we sign him, I think I'd make the gut-wrenching decision not to visit Ewood until he was gone. Come at me with all that "you're not loyal" garbage if you want, without knowing the first thing about how I feel for this club, but I won't watch something I love so dearly become so polluted and twisted.

• 10 months later...

Can anyone remember when we played City at home a few seasons back when Barton played for them, I'm sure Micah Richards and Barton were having a bit of a run in with Pederson, I'm sure of it. It wouldn't suprise me if Barton had been waiting to do that for 5yrs, the bloke needs the book throwing at him.

Let's hope the Fa protect our players!

It was an unprovoked attack, as well. Pedersen brushed by him and Barton's trademark red-mist took over.

Talksport (well, Ronnie Irani) said that Pedersen "dropped his shoulder" and that the FA should also charge him! I hadn't seen it until now. Talksport clearly don't have a ruddy clue.

Koi, he might be a pathetic individual but he did score again for us last night, therefore he didn't deserve a punch.

I watched the replays last night and have seen them again today. Not once is there any indication that Pedersen dropped his shoulder and deliberately brushed past Barton. Barton just snapped. It really isn't the mark of a 'reformed' character when they do exactly what they've done before is it? Oh and Barton trying to tell Pedersen that he slapped him with an open hand was so bad it was hilarious. Barton should get a ban and a significant one.

Archived