BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footy Bets 09-10

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheffield United look a very good bet for the play-offs - and to win quite a few games.

Blackwell's assembled a blend of skill and power that must do well in that league. In terms of wing play - they've got Treacy (doing alright so far), Ward, Little, Kyel Reid, Glenn Little, Cotterill. Hardly big names but at that level, they are going to create a lot of chances, so Utd will be scoring plenty of goals. ANd Andy Taylor (needliess to say B) ) was a quality signing for them...

Done a few multi bets

Big International Accumulator

Palermo vs Spal - Palermo

Lyon vs Valenciennes - Lyon

Wurmla vs Austria Vienna - Austria Vienna

St Johann vs Sturm Graz - Sturm Graz

Anderlecht vs Westerlo - Anderlecht

CSKA Sofia vs Beroe - CSKA

Hadjuk Split vs Inter Zapresic - Split

Sparta Prague vs SK Kladno - Prague

Partizan Belgrade vs FK Borac - Partizan

Chelsea vs Hull - Chelsea

Macclesfield vs Notts County - Notts County

Rangers vs Falkirk - Rangers

Only about 14/1 :(

Grr Sturm Graz and Hajduk slipped up, should have known they'd miss Kalinic ;)

Recovered well though as I did a double on Newcastle and Arsenal in the evening games, got 5/1 ish but only put a fiver on, wish it was more now!!

What you have on cocker?

Well I had three of the printed sheets from Will Hill (wish they would put them online because the odds are much better) Did one from each section which is 7 games. Fiver on each sheet. 1 came in that brought me 740 Cant remember all of them but it included - Chelski/West Brom/Boro/Arsenal)

Normally I go for 2 from each block on those sheets which normally brings in silly money. I have been twice one result from winning that but this time decided to be more sensible and go for 1 pick. I think its the way forward.

The rest were made up by little ones online.

Handed the wedge to the Mrs to get the bills paid - how sensible is that.

(It wasnt till the Sunday reading the paper that I realised Forrest missed a pen and if that was scored I would have got nowt - nice one Robert Earnshaw)

Yeah I found that going with less seems to bring more winners. I used to pick 15 game accumulators and it was always just 1 or 2 that used to fail. Now I tend to go with 7 or 8 game ones and win much more often.

:) Hughesy surely you are just stating the obvious!! How about narrowing it down to one team, maybe Barce at home, that would probably improve the chances too :D Just kidding mate I know what you mean.

There didn't seem to be a whole lot of fixtures across Europe this weekend, I normally pick out over 20 odds on favourites usually getting a price of 200/1-250/1, missed out three time last season by one game!! (The worst was when Milan were playing in the final game that I needed to win and ended up drawing 0-0, tossers!! Everyone had won up till then.)

I've started trying to narrow down my accumulators to give it more of a chance but it's tricky getting a good price without throwing in a few risky away wins.

Rarely put more than a few quid on the premiership these days though, it's just so unpredictible, even home wins for Man Utd and Chelsea against Hull and Birmingham only just came in. Doubt many picked Wigan to beat Villa either.

The biggest price winner I ever had was an 8 or 9 team accumulator in the championship, I had done 4 or 5 overs and was basically just using the rest of my betting account and put a few random draws in etc, didn't even think about it really then a week later when I checked my account they had all come in, £220 odd quid back for a random flukey bet off 50p, I've been chasing one of those ever since!!

I told a bloke at work to put one on every week - on the bigger clubs like United, Chelsea, Celtic, Rangers and a couple of others. He followed it this week and got a 7 team one. £20 brought him back just over £200! He will have the accumulator bug now ha ha!!

I told a bloke at work to put one on every week - on the bigger clubs like United, Chelsea, Celtic, Rangers and a couple of others. He followed it this week and got a 7 team one. £20 brought him back just over £200! He will have the accumulator bug now ha ha!!

They are little less consistent now than perhaps they were 3 or 4 years ago in the SPL but I always wondered if you would be up or down at the end of the season if you say did a £10 double every week on Celtic and Rangers to win.

You'd be down I would think, the returns just aren't good enough. If you did a smart 4/5 fold with big teams from various leagues you'd be able to work out a profit, but a simple double would never work out.

They are little less consistent now than perhaps they were 3 or 4 years ago in the SPL but I always wondered if you would be up or down at the end of the season if you say did a £10 double every week on Celtic and Rangers to win.

Not sure on just those 2 because the odds are low. I know a guy that used to put United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Celtic, Rangers on every week - and over the course of the season he was well up.

Just placed a 6 match accumulator for tonight -

Walsall v Leeds - Leeds

Dagenham & Red v Shrewsbury - Dagenham & Red

Sheriff Tiraspol v Olympiakos - Olympiakos

Celtic v Arsenal - Arsenal

Wigan v Wolves - Wigan

Sunderland v Chelsea - Chelsea

£5 stake pays £210

I prefer the sections lists some of the bookies do.

It's my kind of betting, small outlay with a real big reward if it comes in. Last season I was let down by 2 results, Man Utd losing at home to Liverpool and Franny Jeffers scoring a pen in the 7th minute of added time. I had £22k riding on those results from a £2 stake.

Just placed a 6 match accumulator for tonight -

Walsall v Leeds - Leeds

Dagenham & Red v Shrewsbury - Dagenham & Red

Sheriff Tiraspol v Olympiakos - Olympiakos

Celtic v Arsenal - Arsenal

Wigan v Wolves - Wigan

Sunderland v Chelsea - Chelsea

£5 stake pays £210

I have a mate who is a leeds fan and he said he doesnt think they will win beacuse Becchio might not play and that he would stay away from betting on that one but the odds of that accy are quite good. I am just looking to put one on for tonight. 4 draws usually brings around £100 for £1 bet, just need to find the draws now.

I have a mate who is a leeds fan and he said he doesnt think they will win beacuse Becchio might not play and that he would stay away from betting on that one but the odds of that accy are quite good. I am just looking to put one on for tonight. 4 draws usually brings around £100 for £1 bet, just need to find the draws now.

4 Draws for tonight? I may be having a go at;

Wigan v Wolves

Blackpool v Derby

Plymouth v Cardiff

Wycombe v Southend

A £5er should pay out somewhere in the region of £700 depending on where you put the bet on. Skybet will pay £707.47 if all 4 draws come in.

4 Draws for tonight? I may be having a go at;

Wigan v Wolves

Blackpool v Derby

Plymouth v Cardiff

Wycombe v Southend

A £5er should pay out somewhere in the region of £700 depending on where you put the bet on. Skybet will pay £707.47 if all 4 draws come in.

dont put wigan on because you have it in your other bet and knowing the bookies it will end up wolves winning just to stop both bets winnin but the other three seem good but i am still waiting for some team news today before i decide.

Betting amateur here, just woundering if anyone knows any sure fire bets.... I mean nothing is sure fire, but bets you would be confident on

Any suggetions would be nice ;)

One tip never double bet on a game if you put it down as a win for one team stick with it. Dont go putting a win for other team on another accy.

Another is try and get as high odds as possible for small number of teams but that doesnt mean picking the underdog all the time

Usually its best to pick around 5,6 or 7 teams that usually win i.e manu, chelsea, rangers, celtic etc and putting 5 quid on them

Archived