BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucash Neill

ewoodpo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well folks looks like he has finally got his dream move to scouse land looks like he is on his way to Everton . Does this mean that if he signs before tomorrow he will be in the squad for Sunday ?

I don't think he'll be match fit. He's not exactly a world beater anyway, if he did play it would probably favour us rather than Everton as MGP has been looking good the last couple of games.

Money aside this guy has been a fair decent player..He should have gone to Newcastle instead of hanging on at West Ham. He would have made it as captain there,kept them up and probably have been given the megabucks he wants .Ceefax says hes just got a one year deal at Everton..

Hopefully he will be playing on Sunday and will get a few hard tackles from some of the longer serving Rovers :)

I doubt that. They'd all love to do the same. I'd imagine a move to do the same job but for double ones salary is rarely rejected in any field of employment.

Watch out. You will incur the wrath of Thenodrog who seems to quite like the c_nt.

I still cannot for the life of me see what he did to aggravate people so much. All his dealings with BRFC were played with a straight bat which is much more than many other departing players have been prepared to do. Would it have been better to have thrown a hissy fit and walked out 6 months earlier or to do what he did and to 'see us right' until a replacement was sourced?

btw please keep any replies rational and lucid.

I still cannot for the life of me see what he did to aggravate people so much. All his dealings with BRFC were played with a straight bat which is much more than many other departing players have been prepared to do. Would it have been better to have thrown a hissy fit and walked out 6 months earlier or to do what he did and to 'see us right' until a replacement was sourced?

btw please keep any replies rational and lucid.

1. He didnt deserve to be made captain

2. He's Australian

3. He's a greedy ######

4. He's Australian

5. He gives away too many penalties and is waaaaaaaay overrated

6. He's Australian

It was more the fact he said that he wanted to go to Liverpool, then went to West Ham. We're football fans, we are allowed to be fickle!

The last sentence is the only one that makes sense ohmi. ;)

Who cares which club he was wanting to go to? Ever thought Benitez might have been stringing him along only so that he could unsettle the palyer and get him on the cheap? I'd imagine that when he could not stand the heat of the kitchen old Rafa got well out. No way was Neill worth 72k pw except in the mind of some deluded and inexperienced Icelanders. They got burnt, Neill got rich. I've no issue at all with him.

1. He didnt deserve to be made captain

2. He's Australian

3. He's a greedy ######

4. He's Australian

5. He gives away too many penalties and is waaaaaaaay overrated

6. He's Australian

Toogs can you define the term 'rational and lucid' for us all please? :P

The last sentence is the only one that makes sense ohmi. ;)

Who cares which club he was wanting to go to? Ever thought Benitez might have been stringing him along only so that he could unsettle the palyer and get him on the cheap? I'd imagine that when he could not stand the heat of the kitchen old Rafa got well out. No way was Neill worth 72k pw except in the mind of some deluded and inexperienced Icelanders. They got burnt, Neill got rich. I've no issue at all with him.

Toogs can you define the term 'rational and lucid' for us all please? :P

Personally I don't like being lied to by people. Which is part of the reason I dislike Craig 'There is no clause' Bellamy.

Personally I don't like being lied to by people. Which is part of the reason I dislike Craig 'There is no clause' Bellamy.

But if he'd said 'yes' or even 'no comment' surely that would have caused a lot of disruption, and plenty of people complaining about how he was fishing for a move.

It was a lose-lose situation really, but I think answering 'no' was the lesser of two evils in that situation, I don't blame him for doing so.

Lucas Neill said he wanted to leave us - to win trophies...

Liverpool & West Ham came in for him - West ham offered him an extra £20k per week - Liverpool offered the chance to win things...... Somehow I think he went for money in the end!

Given that Liverpool have won sweet FA since he left Ewood in 2007 and according to your figures he's had in the region of £1,000,000 pa more bunce then I don't think there's much more to add.

Footballs littered with em.... Bellamy and Neill are small fry in our history. How about Alan 'I've told Jack I'm staying' Shearer? or Roy 'I'll def sign on Monday Kenny, in fact I'll shake hands on it' Keane? or Sven 'It is very difficult now' Ericcson?

I think most of the utterences accredited to footballers are penned by either their agents of the new clubs PR chappie.

Lucas true motivation has been to build as big a cash mountain as he can so he can buy into a business in Oz when he retires.

He has twice miscalculated- first he took a non-binding promise at WHam that his wages would rise to £75k in the second year and WHam reneged so he was stuck there "only" earning £15k a week more than Liverpool offered.

Then he turned down a WHam offer of £46k a week only to earn nothing 1 July until now and take a one year £40k at Everton.

Excellent businessman our Lucas.

Archived