BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lancashire burnley Telegraph have an article today that states how lucky Rovers got lucky with the fixtures. The fact that we play them first at Ewood means that burnley have missed out on the chance to do the double over us.

Of course there's more to the article than the above but that's the jist of it. Good grief, the mind boggles.

Question for Sam et al. Looking at the fixtures, have you worked out where the 40 points are coming from yet? It's a bit daunting isn't it? Serious question.

(oh and Sam - I agree with you - that's a stupid "Priceless" gag you have there Ben - get players in to replace those two before we can start to "gloat")

Guest benmaxwell
Good one.

You know selling players means they can't play for you, don't you?

Yes. But the difference is, if Burnley sell one of their players, they will be lucky to have 500k's to spend in the transfer window, and the fact that they have forced Swansea to 'laugh them off' with their pathetically low offer for their striker just shows how they are going to struggle to bring in players to help keep them up next season.

Where as we are selling Santa Cruz, which will in turn make it possible to buy 4-5 top quality players with the money, and void in wages...

Burnley fans now arging amongst themselves on Claretsmad as to whether we sold out our allocation at Turf morgue on our last two visits....I was one of the 1,000's queueing up at Ewood at 6am for the cup game where our allocation of 4,200 sold out within hours and in 2001 our allocation was fully taken bar a small block of seats that was taped off towards the Longside stand for safety reasons.

They really are a clueless and cretinous bunch some of that lot....say its white and they'll swear its black. :rolleyes:

Also,hats off to the LET'S Chris Flanagan this morning for giving me the biggest laugh in ages.....claims the fixture list men have saved Rovers from two defeats against the Clarrotts this coming season!!!

My God,the LET gets worse as the silly season moves into overdrive :blink:

Hmmm well either way I plan on getting the first bus to Ewood, I am more than willing to queue for hours on end. This game means more than anything to me! So its first come first serve? Don't trust a phone!

EDIT

What was it like last time?

For the cup game I started queueing at 6am and there were already hundreds waiting inside the BB/End concourse.By 11am Radio Lancs were broadcasting messages to Rovers fans not to go down to Ewood as all tickets (4,200) had gone!

It was season ticket holders first if I remember correctly and some in the queues had 5 or 6 season tickets on them buying for friends etc.

It's a bit daunting isn't it? Serious question.

Alright Bob. Nah, it's very clear we're not going to go daft with wages etc. If the worst happens we'll not be heading for financial disaster and administration and on a headlong slump to League One which awaits many a Premier League side who've gambled everything just to stay up. So the pressure only comes from wanting to prove a point to everyone.

Looking at the fixtures, have you worked out where the 40 points are coming from yet?

As for where the 40 points come from, I learned last season not to worry about the opposition, League or Cup. Just enjoy watching my team, the way we try and play and believe in OC. We'll get battered some weeks, no doubt about that, but there's also some dross in this league too, despite what Sky tells us.

We'll be fine.

For the cup game I started queueing at 6am and there were already hundreds waiting inside the BB/End concourse.By 11am Radio Lancs were broadcasting messages to Rovers fans not to go down to Ewood as all tickets (4,200) had gone!

It was season ticket holders first if I remember correctly and some in the queues had 5 or 6 season tickets on them buying for friends etc.

Inside the concourse? I thoguht everyone would be queing outside the BBE ticket office?

Sorry, I am just so desperate to get them!

Problem being Samuel and ilk is that it will become very quickly apparent that even 'the dross' are hard to beat in this league my nieve Clarrott friend!

Its become standard practice now Sambo to let Rovers fans in the BBE/End concourse when the demand is large for tickets.

Problem being Samuel and ilk is that it will become very quickly apparent that even 'the dross' are hard to beat in this league my nieve Clarrott friend!

Its become standard practice now Sambo to let Rovers fans in the BBE/End concouse when the demand is large for tickets.

Ah thanks. Take it that in there its just an almighty scrum? Where would they sell the tickets in there?

If I get there for around 5 or 6, I would surely be okay for my ticket?

Archived