BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

Ok, you're wrong.

But who cares*? You went up, that's all that matters. As did we this season. How many other people were in the ground with you seems an odd thing to obsess about.

I was on the Longside plenty of times with 5-6k on t'Turf and it's been a cracking atmosphere and I've enjoyed it. I've also been there with 19,000 on and been bored to death.

*apart from Gav.

Some fan you are eh Sam - only a Dingle could write that.

Good grief.....................

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on Shaun, Boxing day, December 19th and all thaat. Great atmosphere for Rovers fans :brfcsmilie::rolleyes::rolleyes:

well yknow what i mean.......the dingles are really doing my head in..had mispleasure of a union meeting last night and to hear em grunt you would think that they really really believe in not only survival but champ league awaits...

to all dingles who beleive their attendance rubbish, here is a link to all time attendance averages.

its amazing whose higher through history :rolleyes:

http://www.nufc.com/2008-09html/attendance-all-time.html

next year they were always going to get the bandwagon jumpers (interestingly, they slated us for that previously and now the 7000 season ticket holders have doubled?)

UTR

I keep getting drawn back to this thread time and time again, mainly because the discussion verges on the ridiculous at times and I'm moved to post. I gave up any illusions of BFC being a big club back in the 94/95 season when we returned to the old Division One. I was 16 then. I'd been going on since the late 80's and my experience as as Burnley fan was that we were could usually rely on larger gates than the teams we were playing week in week out. Once we got out of the bottom divisions, I realised that we were dwarfed by some of the clubs we were now facing. I've not thought of us as a big club since. The point is that I don't know a single Burnely fan who sees the club as big or believes our attendances are anything to write home about. I've therefore no idea where this idea, found regularly on here, that Burnley fans believe we are some sort of "sleeping giant" comes from. I can only think that some of the older fans on here have long memories and are recalling comments from Radio Lancs phone ins from years ago. I'm sure there are a few deluded numpties amongst the Clarets number, but they are firmly in the minority.

It's also interesting that this thread runs into 30+ pages, with Rovers fans almost hoping that we'll be relegated if they talk about it for long enough. A few people must have made the same point a dozen times. There's almost a sense of panic behind some of the sneering (not from everyone, as I think there's been some relatively objective comments as well). I've never really had any strong anti-Rovers feelings, which is probably as a result of us barely playing you in my lifetime. I'd rather you weren't doing fantastically well, but the more northwest clubs in the same division the better as far as I'm concerned. The added spice and the financial benefits through fuller stands can only be a good thing.

I've not heard the 'agent Kilby' line for a while.

I've got to say, now he's dragged us from the verge of League Two, kept us out of administration, funded our move into the Championship and now the Premiership... he really is very deep undercover.

Maybe he's 'gone native'.

He was never going to set himself up by keeping Burnley in the championship was he now, like you Sam he must be thinking all his christmas's have come at once right now.

Keep paying in Sam agent Kilby needs you :)

That's not right Abbey, I think an apology is a must.

Sam, I think I am speaking on behalf of most if not all (other than Abbey) on this messageboard that we do not condone the comment in the post above.

Yes I agree entirely, sorry Sam!!

I keep getting drawn back to this thread time and time again, mainly because the discussion verges on the ridiculous at times and I'm moved to post. I gave up any illusions of BFC being a big club back in the 94/95 season when we returned to the old Division One. I was 16 then. I'd been going on since the late 80's and my experience as as Burnley fan was that we were could usually rely on larger gates than the teams we were playing week in week out. Once we got out of the bottom divisions, I realised that we were dwarfed by some of the clubs we were now facing. I've not thought of us as a big club since. The point is that I don't know a single Burnely fan who sees the club as big or believes our attendances are anything to write home about. I've therefore no idea where this idea, found regularly on here, that Burnley fans believe we are some sort of "sleeping giant" comes from. I can only think that some of the older fans on here have long memories and are recalling comments from Radio Lancs phone ins from years ago. I'm sure there are a few deluded numpties amongst the Clarets number, but they are firmly in the minority.

It's also interesting that this thread runs into 30+ pages, with Rovers fans almost hoping that we'll be relegated if they talk about it for long enough. A few people must have made the same point a dozen times. There's almost a sense of panic behind some of the sneering (not from everyone, as I think there's been some relatively objective comments as well). I've never really had any strong anti-Rovers feelings, which is probably as a result of us barely playing you in my lifetime. I'd rather you weren't doing fantastically well, but the more northwest clubs in the same division the better as far as I'm concerned. The added spice and the financial benefits through fuller stands can only be a good thing.

Please feel free to keep posting Moorey - all contributions of this nature welcome imo.

Without wanting sounding patronising a good post and agree with some of your points raised , however and I say this sincerely your viewpoint of the Rovers may change after this season given the reaction by some fans both sides and may not be tarnished yet to the hate 'blue n white' :D

Abbey - clarrots I know are of the majority opinion as Moorey states here and are not under any illusion - so must be your amicable character towards our clarrott bretheren that's creating a reaction.

Good speech Moorey, I can't knock what you say and it is refreshing to hear. I think the great following is portrayed more by the media, Ian Wright being one on Talk Sport a couple of weeks ago talking the usual crap that he does.

I agree, and I mentioned earlier in the thread, that I would love all the North West teams, Preston, Blackpool, Bury, Bolton and our teams in the top flight. Imagine all those derby's and all those full grounds.

However, you are highly likely to get nothing but grief on these pages with it being a BLACKBURN ROVERS SUPPORTERS WEBSITE!!! Just like last season a majority the dingles will have been willing Rovers to be relegated.

I would not say there is a sense of panic, but I would say that we are not looking forward to the element of morons that follow your club visiting Ewood.

Anyone looked at Burnley's first five fixtures....extremely difficult. :blink:

There's two ways of looking at it I suppose.

The bad news is it's going to be very difficult to carry any momentum into the coming season with those fixtures. We'll be lucky to have a point come Sept.

If I'm being uber-optimistic, I could say that at least it gets the extremely tough games out of the way early doors and hopefully gives us a run of games in which we can pick up point and mount a survival bid.

All-in-all, I'd be lying if I said I was happy with the fixtures. I was hoping for Hull (or similar) at home for the first game.

There's two ways of looking at it I suppose.

The bad news is it's going to be very difficult to carry any momentum into the coming season with those fixtures. We'll be lucky to have a point come Sept.

If I'm being uber-optimistic, I could say that at least it gets the extremely tough games out of the way early doors and hopefully gives us a run of games in which we can pick up point and mount a survival bid.

All-in-all, I'd be lying if I said I was happy with the fixtures. I was hoping for Hull (or similar) at home for the first game.

I thought Stoke away was a pretty good first game for you. I think it's a decent ground for away fans, you can take plenty and fill the away end and get behind your team. Stoke has got to be a fixture you want to be taking points from.

October for us brings; Arsenal away, you lot at home, Chelsea away and Man Utd away. It doesn't get much worse than that. At least we have a chance of building some points up in the first two months of the season.

Don't stoke and burnley fans have history between them?

Yup .... they've been a feudin for years. A very similar lot ugly, ignorant and violent with hair on the palms of their hands. Somewhere in between (Wigan poss?) there presumably will be a tribe of missing links.

Stoke have one of the best home records in the league, hopefully they do the business against the Clampits.

Hopefully the pack can pull away from Burnley early on because they are inevitably going to hit a Hull-like purple patch and if they are trailing, they'll struggle to get back amongst the others.

I think they could well stay up.

Does anybody else thing this is the toughest bunch of teams in the PL for years? Not one easy game.

Isn't it a lucky ground also ?

Wow, you are well imformed. Yes we do have a habit of coming away with huge smiles on our faces.

No particular history between the fans, they are not the friendliest bunch, but seem a little better since moving to their new ground.

Don't suppose there are any 'new' grounds for you this season?

Archived