BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From that link

"For many Burnley fans, the biggest move of the summer might be the one that didn't happen - manager Owen Coyle didn't move to Celtic. But if his team – the smallest club ever to hit the Premier League – are to survive more than one season, then they will need reinforcements."[/i]

What does the word 'smallest' mean in this context? Their combined average height perhaps? Weight? I'd guess it probably means the size of the town itself........ which is completely unrelated to the hinterland of potential support for the club! Why do the media continually support this myth about Burnley's support? Maybe we need to stand outside their turnstiles and conduct a postcode survey of the supporters to nail the truth.

The myth about dingle support totally bamboozles me too.

An average gate of 13,500 for the best season they've had for 34yrs? That is good support is it?

The myth about dingle support totally bamboozles me too.

An average gate of 13,500 for the best season they've had for 34yrs? That is good support is it?

You might want to poke around for Rovers' 1992 promotion/Wembley year average for a nice comparison. Crowd stats

Don't you mean omnipresence?

That's an interesting one. I think omnipresence simply means everywhere, all the time.

Whereas I was trying to get across how I know everything. Which I do.

This makes a pleasant change from the hilbilly / barmy army crap, if only for a couple of posts.

That's an interesting one. I think omnipresence simply means everywhere, all the time.

This makes a pleasant change from the hilbilly / barmy army crap, if only for a couple of posts.

If you knew everything you would be aware, presumably, omniscience means knowing all and omnipotent means being all powerful.

Stick that in your crack pipe and smoke it.

Maybe what you really meant was omni-impotent :D

You might want to poke around for Rovers' 1992 promotion/Wembley year average for a nice comparison. Crowd stats

I'm talking about dingles myth of great support.

Can you quote me on talking about Rovers great attendances over the years? I think not.

All you 6 fingered freaks seem to think you have great support, and surely you will in the new season with your plastic fans. Up until Christmas that is....

Is there no news on who the Dingles might be signing?

Seems very quiet considering Wolves & Brum have already signed a couple of players.

I 'm sure agent Kilby will be planning his exit strategy out of 'tiny turf' with his bank account stocked full of cash and Burnley fc no longer his responsibility.

I 'm sure agent Kilby will be planning his exit strategy out of 'tiny turf' with his bank account stocked full of cash and Burnley fc no longer his responsibility.

I've not heard the 'agent Kilby' line for a while.

I've got to say, now he's dragged us from the verge of League Two, kept us out of administration, funded our move into the Championship and now the Premiership... he really is very deep undercover.

Maybe he's 'gone native'.

to all dingles who beleive their attendance rubbish, here is a link to all time attendance averages.

its amazing whose higher through history :rolleyes:

http://www.nufc.com/2008-09html/attendance-all-time.html

next year they were always going to get the bandwagon jumpers (interestingly, they slated us for that previously and now the 7000 season ticket holders have doubled?)

UTR

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that when the ground was being developed and stands demolished. If memory serves me correctly many matches were sell outs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that when the ground was being developed and stands demolished. If memory serves me correctly many matches were sell outs.

Ok, you're wrong.

But who cares*? You went up, that's all that matters. As did we this season. How many other people were in the ground with you seems an odd thing to obsess about.

I was on the Longside plenty of times with 5-6k on t'Turf and it's been a cracking atmosphere and I've enjoyed it. I've also been there with 19,000 on and been bored to death.

*apart from Gav.

Archived