BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But we sold 22,000 season tickets already for next year.

:lol:

Time to stop drinking now Rudolf. After all it's been 2 weeks since Sheff Utd didn't turn up, time to give it a rest, your making yourself look ridiculous.

I saw in yesterdays LT that another of Brendan Floods shopping centre developments is in trouble. His business must now be in serious trouble. Promotion has quite possibly guaranteed BFC's very existence as a professional league club for another 2-3 years.

Just seen this....

"Then came the coup de grace when a security guard carrying a pile of forms opted to throw them straight up in the air which left people scrambling around picking these forms up off the floor. It was reminiscent of a third world food handout."

How funny's that!!! :lol:

The clarrotsmad discussion board on this subject is really funny.

Apparently Burnley FC wanted to limit the numbers of tickets you sell so they asked their fans to fill in an application form that the fans had to pick up off the floor. It sounds like they'd virtually ran out of tickes and didn't want to issue any more.

When it's feeding time at the zoo, the zookeepers try to make things more challenging and interesting to stimulate the animals, and Burnley FC must have a similar philosophy in dealing with their fans. As for the staff, well apparantly the dominant male was away for the day (no-one was in charge) and the remaining inhabitants of the ticke office felt uncomfortable handing money (perhaps they're simply not used to it) . No wonder certain Burnley businesses are alleged to be in financial difficulties.

Yeah, that's what I mean UM, but that was not what was posted.

The 7000 is just what was quoted, I have never counted them myself, better things to do!

The very low crowd was an early FA cup round not league and in the middle of a very expensive, for the fans, Carling Cup run. Still was shockingly bad I know, but I was there, so no more I can do.

I forgot how insignificant the FA Cup is.

If there are any bookies watching I suggest they launch a Blackburn Rovers v Burnley match bet for next season - to see who gets most points.

Judging by the frenzy around there would be some money going on.

SkyBet are offering the following;

dingles to stay up & Rovers to be relegated 14/1

dingles to break Derby's lowest points record 20/1 (very tempting)

red card in Blackburn v dingle games 4/6

To finish higher than Blackburn 10/3

Do the double over Blackburn 8/1

I thought paddypower would have some specials but nothing as yet.

But we sold 22,000 season tickets already for next year.

Quote from LET

"BURNLEY are considering opening the David Fishwick Stand to home fans next season as the likelihood increases that they will sell all of their 15,000 season tickets."

Where the hell are the other 7,000 going to sit?

No morton your all wrong - they have already sold 22,000.

Dont we have around 15k season ticket holders as it is? With a target of 19-20k.

Yeah, we've had a steady 15k season ticket holders for a while now, even when season tickets were over £450.

Does anyone know how much the dingle season tickets are? I'm sure Monkey Boy Kilby will be offsetting the cost of the free season tickets somewhere...

Next season Rovers should have more season ticket holders than the dingle Dome could seat! Also bare in mind that our fans are fans, not glory hunting one season wonders.

So the dingles have been queueing for 2 days solid now, with 7,000 free season tickets surely automatically posted out to current season ticket holders. With only a maximum of 8,000 season tickets left to sell, surely they should be gone by now? (Don't tell the dingles that, leave them queueing...)

Archived