BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

Look out Sam the Guardian's got it in for you again ! - " Burnley's promotion to the Premier League last month did not come a moment too soon as the club's biggest benefactor , Brendan Flood has placed his principal business venture into administration. Flood injected £2.7 million into the Turf Moor club last season so it could maintain an otherwise unsustainable wages to turnover ratio of 114%. But Flood's predicament- the firms administrators predict many more ' casualties' in a sector to which he is heavily exposed- suggests his support for Burnley was increasingly in doubt. Now the £50m Burnley will earn in their Premier League will end their reliance on directors loans. A statement issued yesterday by Modus on Flood's behalf said. " Brendan Flood wishes to confirm that he will continue to remain firmly committed to his involvement in Burnley F.C. in the long term".

Very interesting, I bet he wants to stay involved with the dosh. Bit of advice Sam - keep the cheque well away from Flood ! I wonder what his soon to be made redundant employees think of his investment in Burnley ! Will the Government be paying the redundancy bill if Flood can't ? He's been a very naughty little Claret !

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've all gone soft.

The Premier League needs Burnley.

what a pillock!!!!

Sorry Spoony, I should clarify.

I do give a toss about being branded racist by some soil eating t**t in Islington who still believes dragons roam around 'The North'.

What I don't care about is the small town / crap ground baloney. I revel in that stuff. I can't wait for Ronaldo, Torres et al to see the miniscule changing rooms and the communal baths. The prawn sandwich brigade to take their place in the wooden seats and crumbling asbestos. The endless panoramic shots of terrace streets and disused factories on MoTD.

Like I say, the Premier League needs us.

are you not embarrased about talking @#/?.?

I must say, I'm really happy that Burnley have been promoted. I actually found myself punching the air when the final whistle went in the playoff final.

are you not ashamed ? call your self a rover ..NO ROVER WOULD EVER EVER PUNCH THE AIR AT A BUMLEY WIN,JUST AS NO DINGLE WOULD FOR US .THEY HATE US WE HATE THEM .SIMPLE REALLY.

Don't mention Jack Walker in the presence of Burnley fans, I'm still angry at listening to them mocking his death on the 2-0 DVD.

And some rovers wanted these scumbags to win ...buggers belief really

Doesn't this only happen once in a blue moon anyway? I thought this was already policy.

Typical bloody telegraph, making it out like it's a new thing when it's been done for years up and down the country, not just round here.

Only recent time (that I can remember anyway) we've both been at home the same day is when your lot played Reading in the play-offs in the later KO.

Flood injected £2.7 million into the Turf Moor club last season so it could maintain an otherwise unsustainable wages to turnover ratio of 114%. But Flood's predicament- the firms administrators predict many more ' casualties' in a sector to which he is heavily exposed- suggests his support for Burnley was increasingly in doubt. Now the £50m Burnley will earn in their Premier League will end their reliance on directors loans.

Sounds about right to me. I wouldn't say it was a case of any paper 'having it in for us'. I've yet to buy into the whole small club / Premier League / media paranoia. I'm sure I will.

But yeah, Flood probably wouldn't have put another penny in, which is fair enough with his business struggling. And that wage bill couldn't have been sustained any longer. And the ground could never have been upgraded. In short, it appears we would have been heading downwards again.

Still, we won the gamble, hit the jackpot and all is well. You must be delighted for us.

Cletus, you should save the use of the word 'filth' to describe the underbelly of society that commit crime .

Yes , Cletus . :angry:

Let's confine that word to describing the politicians ........

( On second thoughts maybe you're right :unsure: )

The Premier League needs Burnley.

Ha! Ha! Ha ! :lol:

Like a hole in the head, small ground, small team, small fans, dream on Sam, take thy hand off thee willy and think again boy.

Sounds about right to me. I wouldn't say it was a case of any paper 'having it in for us'. I've yet to buy into the whole small club / Premier League / media paranoia. I'm sure I will.

But yeah, Flood probably wouldn't have put another penny in, which is fair enough with his business struggling. And that wage bill couldn't have been sustained any longer. And the ground could never have been upgraded. In short, it appears we would have been heading downwards again.

Still, we won the gamble, hit the jackpot and all is well. You must be delighted for us.

It's a decent pick up but it's not in Premier League terms a jackpot. What City have got is a jackpot. Let's see how long it takes you to blow it. 114% of turnover going on wages yet your top player is/was on £7,500 a week ! Spend it and you'll probably lose out- don't spend it and you'll certainly lose out. That's what I call a dilemma.

Spend it and you'll probably lose out- don't spend it and you'll certainly lose out. That's what I call a dilemma.

Ah yes - the magic of the Premier League. Welcome burnley. It really is the land of milk and honey and untold riches. You really can't go right.

Go down playing "attractive" football and you might get a pat on the back, scant consolation, see WBA. Stay up playing the "ugly" stuff ("Auntie Football" is the phrase in vogue, whoever she is) and you can be the new Stoke City. Marvellous, everyone likes Stoke in the media don't they?

If we're honest it's bloody hard graft in the Prem isn't it? Man City have just committed to spending £32 million today by the way, and they haven't even started yet. How honoured are we to actually play them?

I hope we absolutely destroy burnley in the two games next season, thrash them - again. If we're honest though I think you'll find that we're in the same group of "have nots" as they are. And that's what makes the Premier League "The Greatest League in the World" - if you're Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal or Man City that is. Oh and Spurs and Birmingham - they're big clubs as well of course, in their own minds. The rest of us are just making up the numbers.

And some rovers wanted these scumbags to win ...buggers belief really

I think it's possible to have wanted Burnley to win without diminishing your hatred for them in any way. I am pleased that they have come up because I reckon it will give us the chance to thrash them and send them back whence they came and give us a couple of memorable days in the bargain. We haven't played them enough over recent years, because of our massive superiority in every respect, and so I am looking forward to the games like I haven't any others for years. On saying that, they are hillbilly, sheep shagging, inbred, dingle scum and I hope they lose every game next season.

Russell Anderson is a class act. Had he not been hampered by injury I have no doubt whatsover he would have established himself as a rock-solid Premier League defender.

Anderson would have established himself as a rock solid Premier League defender whilst on the books at the Dingle Dome? How on earth could he have managed that playing against the likes of Doncaster and Barnsley every week? Could he have took a couple of goals off the massive 60 goals conceded this season?

Anderson would have established himself as a rock solid Premier League defender whilst on the books at the Dingle Dome? How on earth could he have managed that playing against the likes of Doncaster and Barnsley every week? Could he have took a couple of goals off the massive 60 goals conceded this season?

Have ever heard the expression those that live in glass houses and all that? You lot conceded 60 in 8 games less than us - you also scored 32 less than us as well.

Have ever heard the expression those that live in glass houses and all that? You lot conceded 60 in 8 games less than us - you also scored 32 less than us as well.

We also played against world class players week in week out. We scored 32 goals less than you against world class keepers week in week out. Lets see how the dingles do next season against the quality teams in the Premier League, it's not a lucky cup run it's the real deal.

Trust me, you will all have come back down to earth with a thud way before Christmas.

No real argument with that except that not every team or player in the Prem is top class.

I can only speak for myself when I say I am under no illusions as to the difficulty of the task that faces our manager and players. It will be tough as hell, we will be favourites to get relegated and the odds on us beating Derbies point low are probably short as well.

Cest la vie, we will just have to do our best and enjoy the journey.

No real argument with that except that not every team or player in the Prem is top class.

I can only speak for myself when I say I am under no illusions as to the difficulty of the task that faces our manager and players. It will be tough as hell, we will be favourites to get relegated and the odds on us beating Derbies point low are probably short as well.

Cest la vie, we will just have to do our best and enjoy the journey.

maybe not all top class, but all of a better class last year than ur team (hence the different leagues). You have your chance among the big boys (yes, even the likes of portsmouth, hull and sunderland are big boys to you yet). As you say though enjoy the journey. Ideally, you would be finishing 17th every season so that u are crap, but we still do the double every season. I'd prefer that to myou guys yo-yoing or even sinking back down. All the best to survival by the skin of your teeth.

maybe not all top class, but all of a better class last year than ur team (hence the different leagues). You have your chance among the big boys (yes, even the likes of portsmouth, hull and sunderland are big boys to you yet). As you say though enjoy the journey. Ideally, you would be finishing 17th every season so that u are crap, but we still do the double every season. I'd prefer that to myou guys yo-yoing or even sinking back down. All the best to survival by the skin of your teeth.

We'll p**s it.

The Premier League is 4 world class teams plus a sea of overpaid, mediocre playboys living in a hype bubble created by Sky.

David Bentley at Spurs is a great example. Perhaps the worst player I saw last season. James Beattie.. a big clumsy lump.

We'll p**s it.

The Premier League is 4 world class teams plus a sea of overpaid, mediocre playboys living in a hype bubble created by Sky.

David Bentley at Spurs is a great example. Perhaps the worst player I saw last season. James Beattie.. a big clumsy lump.

:lol:

very few burnley fans who aren't disillusioned

you going for 5th then?

We'll p**s it.

Can't argue there, but at least he played AWESOME for us. And Beattie is actually pretty good. Just remember that ur lot are of a 5th place in the championship standard. Our team would be top10 if we'd had BS all year. I think you ought to add 'up' to the end of your 1st sentence. And you'd have Bentley in your team ANY day. He is a VERY good player, its just that his head is bigger than the growths caused by inter-dingle relationships.

We'll p**s it.

truely awesome. you couldn't make this up. :rolleyes:

Archived