BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

How blinkered.

1. As do Man U, Liverpool, West Ham etc etc etc.

2. Is it really? Now that is an interesting thought. It maybe true yet in some areas of Blackburn they polled 30% of the vote in the 2007 elections - hardly a hot bed of tolerance are you? They also polled more votes than Burnley in parts of the Midlands and Kent

3. An the great area that is Blackburn? I could not find a list of the deprived areas to confirm your assertion but I'm willing to bet you are very close on that list.

4. Having read numerous posts on here about how Blackburn used to always beat the crap out of Burnley fans, never lost a ruck with Burnley fans and generally spanked Burnley fans everytime we encountered each other I'm amazed yo have the cheek.

I always find it amazing that you can view Blackburn as some sort of Metropolis. It has at least as many rough areas as Burnley and very little more going for it than Burnley.

Although I do understand you were simply answering to a similar post Longsider its all now becoming very boring this tit for tat shyte......this is the unwanted baggage I was talking about that comes with our East Lancs Derby.

I wish we could get our two games out of the way tomorrow tbh.....Yaaawwwwnnnnnn!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to that article, "...Kilby also wants the club to buy back the ground from him, which he owns, for £3.2m..."

I doubt very much a property acquired at the height of the market would be worth anything like that amount given the near 50% drop in commercial property prices since last year.

There's a little known fact about Burnley's "stadium". Burnley were very pleased to name a stand the James Hargreaves Stand, after the plumber's merchants. However the James Hargreaves who origninally founded that company in the late 19th century was a Blackburn businessman and a Rovers supporter!

Fancy naming a stand afer a Rover's supporter!

:rover:

Don't go there Ivan, the Dingles will be well placed to make such statements.......

Although I do understand you were simply answering to a similar post Longsider its all now becoming very boring this tit for tat shyte......this is the unwanted baggage I was talking about that comes with our East Lancs Derby.

I wish we could get our two games out of the way tomorrow tbh.....Yaaawwwwnnnnnn!

I agree SG - my point being that in many ways the 2 towns are very very similar, whether either of us likes it.

In terms of how much will it take to keep us up, well no idea. To get some perspective you could look at Stoke and Hull I guess but I think they were helped by some truely woeful teams last season. Stoke also spent a lot more than people think the season they got up (just look at some of the loan signings etc). As a minimum I think we need a good right back and a decent, reasonably paced centre half but the real killer is we need somebody who will get us goals. Of course Paterson may or we could bring in a riskier signing from Scotland or maybe even a franco african player. Trouble is there is no way of knowing if they will do it. Looking at West Brom, if they'd had a striker who could get 20 goals in the Prem they would possibly have stayed up but all the pretty football was wasted for want of a finisher.

If we look to get in somebody who has done it (and they will be hard to attract, at this point I can only think of maybe Doyle at Reading or possibly Bent from Spurs and I doubt they would sign for us). In these cases you are looking at 10 million plus so it just isn't going to happen.

My best guess is Coyle will look to bring in 3 or 4 signings at around 9 million in total and then maybe another 2 or 3 loans. Im guessing we will spunk at the very most 15 million on staying up.

I agree SG - my point being that in many ways the 2 towns are very very similar, whether either of us likes it.

Yes,working in Burnley as I do I would agree with that statement.Dingles 'n' B'stards, B'stards 'n' Dingles... it's all water off a ducks back to me.

I enjoy the banter but christ, I hope its not going to be inane arguing for months on end.

Sam [or any Burnley fan] - how much will it take to keep you in the Prem, and what are the priority positions?

Who would you like to be signing i.e. names? Do you see your club vying with rovers for players?

Thats too difficult to answer den.

When they just turn up for the last game of the season how on earth do any of them have the credentials to say they know were the strengths and weaknesses lie in their team.

Looks like 7000 additional plastic clarets could be coming out of the woodwork to fill those empty seats of last seasons.

I don't give a toss what their weakest positions are, who they want to buy, whose cousing is shagging whose sister, how bad the ground is, I really don't care.

I just wanna beat 'em and beat 'em good. I want to see 'em trashed every week with a total hammering. I hope Coyle signs for Celtic and John Bond takes over.

I hope they suffer 4 back-to-back relegations then go bust never to be seen again and Barry Kilby is strung upside down and made to mate with a gorilla.

Nothing is too bad for them.

Burnley are our greatest rivals, we all agree on that, but surely it's a good thing to regularly play against them, otherwise it's not much of a rivalry.

We should be confident in our ability to beat Burnley rather than "wish them" down to the Blue Square Premier for fear they might beat us in the Premier League.

I welcome derby games, for one they make they provide an extra dimension to the Premier League and secondly they're a chance to enhance regional pride. It's all very well saying "we haven't lost to Burnley in 30 years in the league" but what does that really mean if we don't get to play them every year? I want Blackburn to regularly have the chance to play them, and I genuinely have confidence we'll beat them. I hope that Burnley become a fixture in the Premier League and that we can enjoy derbies against one another - win, lose or draw, One Rovers! :rover::brfc::rover:

I just wanna beat 'em and beat 'em good. I want to see 'em trashed every week with a total hammering. I hope Coyle signs for Celtic and John Bond takes over.

I hope they suffer 4 back-to-back relegations then go bust never to be seen again and Barry Kilby is strung upside down and made to mate with a gorilla.

Nothing is too bad for them.

Hold on a minute , Bry .......I've just been reading your comments on the Accy Stanley thread !!

There seems to be a little inconsistency with your views regarding the futures of our neighbouring clubs :unsure::D

I think he's been taken over, what's that film called were all the inhabitants of a sleepy town in the middle of nowhere are taken over by aliens and turned into mindless cyphers ?

Invasion of the bodysnatchers. ;)

Hold on a minute , Bry .......I've just been reading your comments on the Accy Stanley thread !!

There seems to be a little inconsistency with your views regarding the futures of our neighbouring clubs :unsure::D

:laugh:

Yeah that did occur to me.

But it's not so much a moral inconsistency as the exception that proves the rule.

That's my excuse, and quite frankly, I'm sticking to it!

:laugh:

Brewer Daniel Thwaites has made a beer to celebrate Burnley FC's promotion to the Premier League - despite supporting rivals Blackburn.

Will this sell well in Blackburn.

Let me guess......It`s got a thick head, weak body & goes down easily :rolleyes:

Can we have a competition to name this new celebratory ale???

I`d call it Down In One........as it`ll be a seasonal ale (1 season) ;)

Let me guess......It`s got a thick head, weak body & goes down easily :rolleyes:

Can we have a competition to name this new celebratory ale???

What about .......University Challenge,Burnley! :unsure:

Haven't posted on this thread until now but let me say CONGRATS BURNLEY, it should make us have a couple of great derbies to look forward too and hopefully the chance to have some "nice" banter with the clarets fans, god knows we've all missed it.

Hopefully Burnley can stay up or at least put on a good show in the EPL. Will be hard to do but in Owen Coyle youv'e got a talented young manager.

All the best!

Archived