BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Home Game

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From that link....."now that Burnley's Cinderellas have joined the Ugly Sisters – Sam Allardyce's Blackburn and Gary Megson's Bolton – with Wigan playing Buttons."

It's good that! Very funny. Now lets see how funny he'll find it this time next year. :)

Interesting comment from the main moderator and a bloke fairly ITK on Claretsmad:

Regarding the away end - wasn't certain that the screen was being moved but it does look as though there WILL be BURNLEY supporters in the cricket field stand next season. I am led to believe that work will be carried out to enable the stand to house both home and away fans.

If this is true we better NOT allocate them the whole of the Darwen end.

From that link....."now that Burnley's Cinderellas have joined the Ugly Sisters – Sam Allardyce's Blackburn and Gary Megson's Bolton – with Wigan playing Buttons."

It's good that! Very funny. Now lets see how funny he'll find it this time next year. :)

The article is absolute drivel. Comparing Burnley to Barcelona is silly. Burnley won the play offs because of the poor quality of the opposition who were out of form and missing key players. It was a poor match all round. He might as wel compare them to a local park team! :angry:

Nicko on the dingles' lack of dosh.

The big screen is being removed to allow space for more away supporters.

Good article by Nicko, but removing the screen will only make a marginal difference to the finances. Does anyone know how many tickets are likely to be allocated to Rovers for the match at the Dinge Dome? If it's a minimum amout should Rovers allocata the same for the Ewood fixture? :rover:

Thought you might wana add to the banter, it's quite funny i didn't realise how far up their own arse Burnley fans actually are, now they've been promoted they think they're the best team in the world.

I'm sure the football will do the talking and you're right who cares, after reading that article on the People website about the limited funds Burnley will have I'm not worried about Burnley they probably won't be able to compete with the likes of Rovers let alone the other teams in the league :brfcsmilie:

Thought you might wana add to the banter, it's quite funny i didn't realise how far up their own arse Burnley fans actually are, now they've been promoted they think they're the best team in the world.

I'm sure the football will do the talking and you're right who cares, after reading that article on the People website about the limited funds Burnley will have I'm not worried about Burnley they probably won't be able to compete with the likes of Rovers let alone the other teams in the league :brfcsmilie:

They've always been like that. You may not have been around in the sixties when they had a decent team but I was. Like I said the other day " Win two games on the bounce and they're winning the league ". They're a poor mans Man Utd fan. I can't wait for next season, they'll get put in their place then.

A letter to today's Observer sports section puts the record straight on the type of club Burnley is.

I'm far from being a Burnley apologist, but this is the sort of smug metropolitan moralising that makes the Guardian such a laughing stock.

The letter states:

"...I cannot be alone at feeling outraged at your hagiography of Burnley Football Club in the Observer ("Small town Burnley dream of the big time", Sport, last week). The accompanying photograph said it all - not one black or Asian face in the crowd leaving the club's stadium. Of all teams whose supporters transport their race hate chants to other grounds, Burnley would get its own piece of silverware for its trophy cabinet. Worse, when Burnley supporters regularly throw coins at black players, the football authorities do nothing about it, despite platitudes about "kicking racism out of football". The Observer should hang its head in shame.

Mike Abbott

London W4..."

Mike Abbot, like Oliver Holt, seems intent on burning straw men, so that his halo glows all the brighter in the reflected glow of self-superiority.

Strange how fans of a small provincial club (with a very small black population) are singled out as 'racist' for being too white - which is inverted racism in itself. As for the lack of Asian fans; that's a far more complex argument as any football fan in the area is aware.

Living in NW4, Mr. Abbot conveniently overlooks the frequent anti-Semitic chants emanating from the Emirates just down the road (which the Guardian is happy to tolerate of course - keeps the bulk of the readership happy!), and the insidious nature of the pan-European neo-Nazi links of the many Chelsea supporters in not far away 'cosmopolitan' west London.

anyone know a good burnley forum or messageboard i could go on to see what their dreaming about nowadays??

they've got a clarets mad, sister site to rovers mad, of course it's no way as clear and well designed as this forum. :)

Scroll down this link to the sixth letter.

Thats the first I've heard of such. Living up here we'd have heard more about that sort of stuff I'd bet. Prob just some limp wristed liberal blow hard whose never been past Watford Gap and thinks that we eat our young up here.

I'm far from being a Burnley apologist, but this is the sort of smug metropolitan moralising that makes the Guardian such a laughing stock.

The letter states:

"...I cannot be alone at feeling outraged at your hagiography of Burnley Football Club in the Observer ("Small town Burnley dream of the big time", Sport, last week). The accompanying photograph said it all - not one black or Asian face in the crowd leaving the club's stadium. Of all teams whose supporters transport their race hate chants to other grounds, Burnley would get its own piece of silverware for its trophy cabinet. Worse, when Burnley supporters regularly throw coins at black players, the football authorities do nothing about it, despite platitudes about "kicking racism out of football". The Observer should hang its head in shame.

Mike Abbott

London W4..."

Mike Abbot, like Oliver Holt, seems intent on burning straw men, so that his halo glows all the brighter in the reflected glow of self-superiority.

Strange how fans of a small provincial club (with a very small black population) are singled out as 'racist' for being too white - which is inverted racism in itself. As for the lack of Asian fans; that's a far more complex argument as any football fan in the area is aware.

Living in NW4, Mr. Abbot conveniently overlooks the frequent anti-Semitic chants emanating from the Emirates just down the road (which the Guardian is happy to tolerate of course - keeps the bulk of the readership happy!), and the insidious nature of the pan-European neo-Nazi links of the many Chelsea supporters in not far away 'cosmopolitan' west London.

Absolutely spot-on LF. You should send a copy of that post to The Guardian; not that it would do any good but it certainly needs saying.

Archived